ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Art Show Opens Return to archive
10-14-02 10:14 AM
Scot Rocks

Ron Wood's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Art Show Opens
Sun Oct 13, 4:57 PM ET

(10/13/02, 7 a.m. ET) -- Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood's art exhibition opens to the public Monday (October 14) at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum in Cleveland. The exhibition, which was previewed at a special members-only reception on Sunday (October 13), features 25 of Wood's sketches, focusing on Rolling Stones-oriented works such as "Sympathy For The Devil," "Stones In Sepia," and "Slide On This," and two of the pieces--"Study Of Mick" and "Study Of Keith"--have never been displayed before in the U.S.

The exhibition will also tour artifacts that belonged to the Stones' late crew chief, Roydon Walter "Chuch" Magee, who suffered a fatal heart attack at a rehearsal on July 18.

Wood tells LAUNCH that one part of the display in particular should be of extreme interest to Rolling Stones fans. "There's lots of Stones setlists that we did from Toronto. Me and Keith (Richards)--I wrote the bulk of it, and Keith added silly things, you know, here and there, and I did some drawings on them. But the basic thing to the hardcore Stones fan is a day-by-day breakdown of which numbers we rehearsed that day. It could be, 'I'm a hog for you, baby,' or something like that, you know, just thrown in amongst the weird sort of 'Stray Cat Blues'-es and stuff."

Prints of Wood's works are being sold at the Cleveland galleries ArtMetro and Art Rocks.

The Rolling Stones' Licks tour continues Monday (October 14) at Cleveland's Gund Arena.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Yahoo news

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/021013/143/2fqtj.html

Mark

[Edited by Scot Rocks]
10-14-02 01:32 PM
steel driving hammer Think he's still drinking?

After all those years, just quit like that!

Drink Me Ronnie!