ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reminder Tonight!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
10-12-02 02:09 PM
Scot Rocks Anyone who has access to BBC 2 can see two programmes in succession involving the Stones.

Fame, Set And Match
Sat 12 Oct, 9:15 pm - 10:15 pm 60mins

- Fame, Set And Match is a series about the extremes of success and failure, often self-induced, and how celebrities have risen and fallen in the public eye. The programme takes an irreverent and amusing new angle on some of the most interesting stories in popular culture, through personal accounts from the people who were there, and contributions from the subjects themselves via archive footage, some of which has rarely been seen.

The series begins with Rolling With The Stones. It details the turbulent lives of Marianne Faithful, Anita Pallenberg, Bianca Jagger, Jerry Hall and Mandy Smith and their association with The Rolling Stones, and how they, in their own way, influenced the lives of Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman.

------------------------------------------------------------

TOTP2 Special - 10:15 pm

Mick Jagger and the lads introduce footage of some of The Rolling Stones' greatest hits, including Let's Spend The Night Together, in a special programme for TOTP2. W/S.

--------------------------------------------------------

Cheers

Mark

10-12-02 02:15 PM
Moonisup Yes I wasn't forgotte that!!

Better then Scotland-Iceland he mark??

I think Scotland will win this one
10-12-02 02:25 PM
Scot Rocks Yes we won 2-0 a good performance, we could only get better after the humiliation of the last game and thankfully we did. Are Holland playing this weekend?

Mark
10-12-02 02:27 PM
Moonisup we have to play wednesday!!!! Austria will get kicked their asses!!!

rik
10-12-02 05:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well i just watched and taped both programmes. The programe about the Stones women was pretty funny at times. The TOTP 2 Stones Special was better then i thought it would be. I didnt know the Stones were going to be interviewd on it and it was cool to see some clips from the new tour! But geez Keith looks awful, i caught another good glimpse of his dodgy fingers. But you gotta love the man!

England Won!

Alex
10-12-02 06:04 PM
Scot Rocks Yeah I watched both, see how Mick said that Ronnie was playing so much better this tour, now that he had quit the booze, Keef and Charlie were both their usual selfs!!!lol

Just nice to see the Stones on though.

and yeah England did win.........just!!!!!!!!!! lol

Cheers

Mark
10-12-02 06:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah, i think Keith and Charlie are real characters! He pulls some funny faces Charlie!

England were very lucky indeed. I could not beleive the condition of the pitch!

Alex
10-12-02 06:14 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Yeah, i think Keith and Charlie are real characters! He pulls some funny faces Charlie!

England were very lucky indeed. I could not beleive the condition of the pitch!

Alex

yeah me too, it was like a flashback to the 1970s muddy pitches!!!!!!lol

btw, have u got your fleet centre copy yet?

Mark
10-12-02 06:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man No. Have You?
10-12-02 06:32 PM
Scot Rocks Nope, still waiting to hear from my branch, I don't know if we have the same branch though.

Cheers

Mark
10-12-02 08:27 PM
Angiegirl I really enjoyed the typically Brittish sarcastic comments on the first show (Fame, set and match). Also the graphical charts of the 5 women were brilliantly done I think! Fantastic.

The TOTP show was ok, but not that many interview parts. I was surprised Mick spoke about Ronnie's cleanup with much love and openness. It also demonstrates how dreadful rehearsals must have been sometimes when Ronnie couldn't do and remember much I think. The snippets of Boston Orpheum were nice. Also the Brown Sugar and the 69 Honky Tonk Women live clips were great, 'cause I'd never seen them before.

I'm glad we can catch BBC 1+2 in Holland. Just not the radio station BBC 5. Damn! We only get BBC 1, 2, 3, 4 and BBC World over here. Man, that sucks big time.
[Edited by Angiegirl]