ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete charts worldwide for Forty Licks here Return to archive
10-12-02 12:49 PM
againme Everybody want see at the Stones at the Top?
In the Billboard Internet sales is at the Top

http://billboard.com/billboard/charts/internet.jsp

This is the complete chart worldwide for the stones:

USA -- 2
Canada -- 2
UK -- 2
Ireland - 1
Germany -- 2
Austria -- 3
Spain -- 8
France -- 1
Japan -- 7
Italy -- 2
Finalnd -- 10
Norway -- 3
Belgium -- 3
Netherlands -- 4
Denmark -- 2
Czech Republic -- 10
Australia -- 3
New Zealand -- 3
Argentina -- 1

Here a good article about the new record

Elvis deprives Stones of U.S. chart satisfaction
Wed Oct 9, 3:45 PM ET
By Dean Goodman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Elvis rolled the Stones on the U.S. pop album charts, depriving the veteran rockers of what would have been their first No. 1 album in 21 years, according to sales data issued Wednesday.

The Elvis Presley (news) retrospective "Elvis: 30 #1 Hits" sold nearly 337,000 copies in the week ended Oct. 6, its second week of release, while the Rolling Stones' hits package "Forty Licks" opened at No. 2 with sales of 310,000 units, according to tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan.

The Stones' tally marks the best album debut of their career since SoundScan started tabulating the charts with point-of-sales data a decade ago. The band's previous best opening was in 1997, when their studio album "Bridges to Babylon" opened at No. 3 with 160,000 units.

"Forty Licks," a double-CD set that boasts 36 career-spanning hit tunes and four new songs, marks the first joint venture between the Stones' current label, Virgin Records and their old label, closely held ABKCO Records.

"We're very pleased with such strong first-week sales for 'Forty Licks,"' said a spokeswoman for EMI Group Plc (news - web sites), the parent company of Virgin.

She added that the label expected the album to sell strongly through the holiday period, helped by the Stones' current tour.

Presley, whose two-week total rose to 838,000 units, has benefited from aggressive pricing at mass-market retailers. The single-disc RCA Records package carries a list price of $18.98, but is currently selling for $13.99 at KMart Corp. and $14.99 at Best Buy Co. Inc.. "Forty Licks," with a $29.98 list price, is selling for $19.99 at Kmart and $24.99 at Best Buy, spokeswomen at the chains said.

RCA Records is a unit of German media giant Bertelsmann AG (news - web sites) .

The Rolling Stones last topped the album charts in 1981 when "Tattoo You" led the field for nine weeks. In all they have sent nine records to the top since 1965. "Forty Licks" also debuted at No. 2 in Britain and at No. 7 in Japan.

The latest top 10 contained three other new entries: West Coast rapper Xzibit's "Man vs. Machine" at No. 3; "American Idol Greatest Moments," a collection of performances by the 10 finalists on the hit talent show, at No. 4; and Maryland rock band Good Charlotte's second album "The Young and the Hopeless" at No. 7.

10-12-02 01:24 PM
full moon Hope this keeps up.. A great start....
10-12-02 01:52 PM
1stonesfan Ok, who's feeling out of touch?

8 out of the top 20 rankings I have never even heard of. I mean at all. And of the 12 I'm counting as at least being aware of that includes Buffy, as I know it's a tv show though I've never watched it!
10-12-02 02:18 PM
marko I think it will keep up,,,xmas ix close,so it will be a big
xmas seller,,,,hopefully!
10-12-02 02:30 PM
Riffhard According to the Billboard link provided "Licks" is currently sitting at #1.It's a battle between "The King" and "The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World"!

Not bad at all!

Riffhard
10-12-02 02:32 PM
Moonisup YES, well this ain't bad!!

I have read in a dutch newspaper that the Record company have set their hopes on the stones, for great record sales, as you all know the cd-branche is in heavy weather now!! Well the stones won't let them down!
10-12-02 08:28 PM
stonesmik "40 licks" is also first week on #2 in Switzerland - just behind Elvis. The complete album top 10:

1 Elvis Presley - Elvis 30 #1 hits
2 Rolling Stones - Forty Licks
3 Herbert Gr�nemeyer - Mensch
4 Bon Jovi - Bounce
5 Mark Knopfler - The ragpicker's dream
6 Avril Lavigne - Let go
7 Peter Gabriel - Up
8 Cranberries - Stars (The best of 1992-2002)
9 Las Ketchup - Hijas del tomate
10 DJ Energy - Contact

There are Swiss album charts since 1983, the Stones had #1 with "Dirty work" (1986) and "Voodoo lounge" (1994) until now. I saw they are currently selling "40 licks" for Fr. 29,90 (about $20).
[Edited by stonesmik]
10-12-02 08:32 PM
full moon What's up Mik?? Long time no see...
10-12-02 08:37 PM
Angiegirl So, we are all very glad that the Stones are cashing in on songs they have already cashed in on, and we even helped them to do it, LOL!!

Yes, I know, it's the honour that counts .
10-12-02 08:41 PM
stonesmik I'm still very very busy downloading all the new stuff from Toronto, Boston (Fleet Center and Orpheum), Foxboro, Chicago (UC, Comiskey, Aragon), Philadelphia (Veterans), Upper Darby (Tower)... There seem to be different recordings around, very interesting. Still the best of all of them are Koichis Toronto recordings. But I'm still looking for Roseland (and the Wiltern Theatre with Solomon Burke!).

Stones first!
10-12-02 08:50 PM
full moon They are setting up a tree for soundboards of ALL theatre shows at Doug's site..The quality is suppose to be "Can't get any better"..