ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE 1969 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR Return to archive
10-12-02 12:00 PM
Francky Hello all

I'm a GREAT fan of the 1969 North American Tour
and I'm looking since several months for the
following stuff:

STONES
Both shows in Auburn - November 14, 1969
Absolutely impossible to know is this shows were booted

Complete second show in Champaign - November 15, 1969
I have only five tracks for this one

Second show in Detroit - November 24, 1969
I have only the first show for this date (like everyone)

OPENING ACTS
Ike and Tina Turner
BB King
Terry Reid and the Pack
Chuck Berry

I need some identified and complete (or nearly) prestations
for all this openers

OPENERS AT THE ALTAMONT SPEEDWAY
Santana
The Jefferson Airplane
Flying Burrito Brothers
Crosby Stills Nash and Young

I need the most complete prestations for all this
openers. I have of course the tracks from the
gimme shelter movie

Any help most welcome
Francky

10-13-02 01:24 PM
Gazza >STONES
Both shows in Auburn - November 14, 1969
Absolutely impossible to know is this shows were booted

Neither show has ever been circulated,so I doubt theyre available.

>Complete second show in Champaign - November 15, 1969
I have only five tracks for this one

that seems to be all thats in circulation at present,although who knows whats out there? That show took a LONG time to circulate after all (Over 20 years..)

>Second show in Detroit - November 24, 1969 .I have only the first show for this date (like everyone)

It didnt take place. There was an evening show,but no afternoon show. Oddly enough,I got an e-mail advsiing me of a correction to our setlists page just a couple of days ago about the Philly show(s)from "Joe C",who advises us:

"I personally taped the show.I always felt Phila. got short changed that tour. First , tickets were sold for an afternoon show that was then cancelled. Then, one of the opening acts was Terry Reid and then the Stones did not play any "extra" songs such as YOU GOT TO MOVE, I'M FREE, or GIMME SHELTER or the LONG VERSION of HONKY TONK WOMEN".

>OPENING ACTS
Ike and Tina Turner
BB King
Terry Reid and the Pack
Chuck Berry
I need some identified and complete (or nearly) prestations
for all this openers
OPENERS AT THE ALTAMONT SPEEDWAY
Santana
The Jefferson Airplane
Flying Burrito Brothers
Crosby Stills Nash and Young

I need the most complete prestations for all this
openers. I have of course the tracks from the
gimme shelter movie >

James karnbach's book lists the opening acts for this tour as follows:

Fort Collins - BB King, Terry Reid

Inglewood (BOTH residencies), Oakland, San Diego, Phoenix, Detroit, philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, Boston - BB King,Ike & Tina Turner,Terry Reid.

Dallas, Auburn, Champaign, Chicago - Chuck Berry, Terry Reid

West Palm Beach pop Festival - Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter, Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge, Spirit, Grand Funk Railroad, Country Joe & The Fish

Altamont - Santana, Flying Burrito Brothers, CSN & Y, Jefferson Airplane. The Grateful Dead were scheduled to close the festival after the Stones' set (Jerry Garcia can be seen in the "Gimme Shelter" movie) but decided not to play following the violence during the Stones' set.

10-13-02 01:37 PM
Cooper Hi
I always thought the Auburn show existed! The reason being that the "Words Of Wonder" book that lists what is said between songs has that show listed and what was said!
Bill/Coop
10-13-02 05:17 PM
Stonesprofessor The Dead actually split LONG before the stones set....sometime right after Marty Balin got popped on the head by an Angel....who The Dead had recommended to the Stones BTW....
10-13-02 06:23 PM
Gazza >Hi
I always thought the Auburn show existed! The reason being that the "Words Of Wonder" book that lists what is said between songs has that show listed and what was said

I've NEVER heard of anyone with a copy of that show...and I've looked..lol. Its feasible that a recording may EXIST,but it doesnt appear to be in circulation. maybe they got their info from someone who has a recording and isnt circulating it,or maybe theyve sourced that show incorrectly. It'd be nice to get hold of a copy!
10-14-02 07:17 AM
JaggaRichards I thought Creedence Clearwater Revival also played at the Altamont show?