ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: About the future studio album Return to archive
10-12-02 09:49 AM
Boomhauer I think it's great that they will be recording on the road. The biggest factor is that they have "Rolling Stones Matters" #1 on their agendas for the whole calendar year. They will be together for the longest time, probably as long as the old days when they used to hang out a lot. Mick & Keith will fix songs together and maybe ROnnie can get a credit and throw in a song that's typical of "Black Limousine".

I think it's time to go back to the roots. Get some blues on it, some grungy Exile-type stuff, nice ballads, and hard rockers. I think they still have the guts, don't they?

Also, I think they should cover a tune. What do you think they should cover?
[Edited by Boomhauer]
10-12-02 10:35 AM
full moon Finally put " Drift Away" on an album......
10-12-02 10:36 AM
RubyFriday
quote:

Flamin�Groovies - Slow Death

Killer guitars,would be a nice reference to the fabulous californian band,who covered so many Stones songs

10-12-02 10:44 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
I think it's great that they will be recording on the road. The biggest factor is that they have "Rolling Stones Matters" #1 on their agendas for the whole calendar year. They will be together for the longest time, probably as long as the old days when they used to hang out a lot. Mick & Keith will fix songs together and maybe ROnnie can get a credit and throw in a song that's typical of "Black Limousine".

I think it's time to go back to the roots. Get some blues on it, some grungy Exile-type stuff, nice ballads, and hard rockers. I think they still have the guts, don't they?

[Edited by Boomhauer]

Well, everyone knows what Mick's going to be writing... same ol', same ol', but I think he could be persuaded to sit down with Keith and write a few rockers. I mean, "God Gave Me Everything" is about as close as he's gotten to a rocker for ages... and I must say, I do not dislike (double negatives! Ahh!) that song... it's probably the best one on that album.

I think it's about time Ronnie got a song of his own - but then again, he has his solo career for that. That's not vital. But it would be nice to see some Richards/Wood rock numbers (a la "I Can Say She's Allright", "Buried Alive", "One Hit (To The Body)", etc.) make it.

I'm just listening to the Palais Royale audience recording of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"... oh man, these guys are ready to take on the world.

First thing they need to do, I think, is give Don Was a vacation. I mean, the guy's a good producer, but he doesn't pick their good songs and then makes the production either too sloppy or too pretty, wrecking it. Keith blasted him after Voodoo Lounge for "trying to make another Exile On Main Street" - so he prettified the production on these new numbers. It would be nice just to have another Glimmer Twins album.

So how do we get good songs? Ideally? Charlie locks Mick, Keith and Ronnie in his kitchen with copies of all their unreleased numbers from 2002 on back to 1962. Charlie goes out, has a few drinks, maybe plays a set down at the corner pub with a few of Bobby Keyes's guys and Ian Maclagan, comes back late that night, makes sure they're all alive, then lets them out only if they've got at least a few new songs or a bunch of rehashed old ones.

In reality, that probably isn't going to happen, but it would be really nice if on the road sometime Mick, Keith and Ronnie all sat down together and said "Right. We need a new album" and worked through it. Even Charlie, if they wanted, though I don't think he'd be particularly interested.

They have enough old material combined with this new stuff to make a double, if not triple album. And a *real* double album in today's standards - two eighty-minute discs full.

As for a cover song... "Love Train", anyone? How 'bout "I Can't Turn You Loose"?

-tSYX --- Whip it up!
10-12-02 11:27 AM
Moonisup I can't turn you loose is a great party song!!!