ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Collaborate to write OFFICIAL Autobiography.... Return to archive
10-12-02 01:41 AM
Jaxx Rolling Stones To Write Autobiography

Oct 11, 2002 (WENN via COMTEX) -- Legendary rockers THE ROLLING STONES are planning to write an autobiography charting 40 years of the iconic band.
Band members MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS have formed a committee in order to correctly record their history.

Jagger never completed his own story - reportedly because he could remember virtually nothing of his life in the band's sixties heyday due to excessive partying at the time.

The committee will be chaired by Watts, who is the most responsible of the group and has the best chance of remembering what really went on.

Publishers WEIDENFELD AND NICOLSON commissioned the book and have retained worldwide rights to its sale.

Chairman LORD WEIDENFELD says, "It will be a full and frank autobiography. They want a proper book about their lives and the life of the band. They have so much to say. People have tried repeatedly to get one of all of them to write.

"This will have photographs and new material covering their experiences, their impressions, their relationships with each other.

"It's going to be a very important work because it is their own story about themselves. There is no ghost writer. "Jagger's a great talent, a very cultured person who reads a great deal. I once stayed in one of his houses in the Caribbean and saw his library. It's an extraordinarily sophisticated library of literature of different countries. Highbrow stuff. He is a very fastidious thinker."

Ex-Stone BILL WYMAN will not be contributing to the work, which will be priced at $45 (GBP30) per copy. (KTW/WNBTI/MCM)

10-12-02 02:47 AM
gypsy I'll be first in line to buy it!
10-12-02 11:24 AM
Jaxx we may be elbowing for that first spot, gypsy, LOL. i'm disappointed that bill wyman won't contribute. probably because the book will be competing with his own tomes of recollection. it will be interesting to see how this autobiography differs from stone alone and stone alone II
10-12-02 11:31 AM
Moonisup well maybe keith will some things down, haha they are great writers for songs! Hope they can remember everything. I hope for a great book. Life on the road was great for the pictures but most quotes came from 25x5
10-12-02 12:06 PM
parmeda What a collaboration of effort on each part.

Jaxx...Gypsy...you two can push and shove all you want to purchase your copies. I'll be in the line for the book signing! Shall I save you a spot?

I wonder how long it will be before this is complete. My guess would be at least another two years...that's okay. A book tour would be just as much fun right about then...
10-12-02 12:49 PM
Jaxx [quote]parmeda wrote:
Jaxx...Gypsy...you two can push and shove all you want to purchase your copies. I'll be in the line for the book signing! Shall I save you a spot?
/quote]

hmmm. never thought about that. it seems a stretch to me that these guys would go the route of actual "book signings", but yes, please do. it would be so much more civilized as well as rewarding!