ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40 licks in Oz Return to archive
10-10-02 07:06 AM
corgi37 40 licks is number 3 1st week in Oz charts. Elvis is number 1, avril lavagne is number 2. The tv campaign is hotting up. Still no tour news, but it seems very similar to 95. Slowly heats up then BANG! Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones. Oh, and on tv last night, on one of our variety shows, the host urged people to log onto the website. i did. it is hush-hush stuff, but mentions the stones and live. Could be a interview & tour announcement. next week it will be on. I'm getting a stiffie thinking about it. Now, i meant to say this in another post, but i will do it now. I reckon its a cool statement. Here in Oz, one of our biggest bands of the last 8 years or so is a unit called "You am I". They are not too bad. Very Stones and Who influenced. Tim Rodgers, the leader & songwriter is a Stones nut. JJFlash is his all time fave track. Anyway, he was asked about the current crop of acts like hives, vines, white stripes. He doesnt mind them, you am i are sort of the originators of this stripped back rock stuff. But, good old Tim still prefers the STones. He doesnt care that ELvis or the Beatles are more popular. he considers people who like the Stones as a club, or secret society. I like that. Any fucker can hold hands and sing Octopusses Garden, but i'd rather bang my head and weep with joy listening to jjflash or sympathy.
10-10-02 07:56 AM
gypsymofo60 Tim Rodgers, and YOU AM I are the business, without a doubt one of OZ's all time greats. Much better than most of those 80s wannabes that The Aussie press constantly fawn over. You think it's bad comparing The Aero's with The Stones, you shoulda seen some of the fucking tripe that was dished up here as world beaters then, I mean, 'THE FUCKING SUNNY BOYS' eh Corgi?
10-10-02 08:48 AM
fmk438j What show? I saw some of the Panel where Bob Geldoff said Keith should be knighted.

I never knew Tim Rodgers was such a big fan. I've never been into them, but always loved that line "I'm like a water-logged ball, that no-one wants to kick around anymore"
10-13-02 07:46 AM
corgi37 The announcement of the "hush hush" info on the stones was on ROVE last week. I logged onto his site, and their is just a little hint of the stones. Something should be said this Tuesday.