ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing Prodigal Son - MSG - NYC - November 28, 1969 - 2nd Show
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: different 1969 footage Return to archive
09-10-01 11:19 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 I was watching vh1 100 rock and roll songs and they showed video footage of the rolling stones playing in 1969. the first scene they show is when jumping jack flash is performed and jagger is in a red outfit similiar to altamont but he has the leon sign under that outfit. then when they show satisfaction by the rolling stones jagger is in leo shirt only. mick taylor is using a fender telecaster. i know none of this was used in gimme shelter. does anyone know where this footage takes place?
09-10-01 03:25 PM
hayo I think the footage you saw was taken from the Saville Theatre show.
The stones played that venue at the end of 1969,I think it was december 14 or 15.
All the best,

Hayo
09-10-01 03:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The Savile Theatre shows were conducted as a non-tour appearance on 14th December 1969 in London. The second show is partly available as a soundboard featuring Jumpin' Jack Flash and parts of Carol and Satisfaction.

I'm not sure if the footage you're talking about is from any of these shows, could be Oakland on November 9.

09-10-01 07:29 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I seen those non-tour photos in december 1969 and jagger is in white outfit. the one i saw was jagger in red and black outfit and leo shirt.
09-10-01 07:46 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 also the corbis website has a photo of jagger singing in a long sleeve shirt, and vest while keith is in a shirt and long coat.
09-10-01 08:46 PM
Gazza Not quite sure what you mean by the "Leo" shirt - but I have the Savile Theatre footage on video (its about 9 mins..pro shot) and if its any help Mick is wearing the same shirt that he wears in both the MSG footage from "Gimme shelter" and the BBC studios versions of "HT women" and "Gimme shelter" filmed on 12.12.69..cant remember off the top of my head what keiths wearing tho..I'd need to check

"Satisfaction" from one of these savile theatre shows was used briefly in "A super night of rock n roll" - a US TV compilation back in the mid 80's..maybe its the same clip!

09-10-01 10:16 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the shirt from gimme shelter and bbc promo clips is what i am talking about. also i looked at the amps and they are using hi watt. in gimme shelter they use ampeg. this maybe from saville.
09-10-01 10:17 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 plus mick taylor plays fender telecaster on satisfaction as well.
09-15-01 03:21 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I think the performance of Jagger in white is from the december 21, 1969 lyceum show.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.