ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones & Soap Return to archive
October 13th, 2005 06:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Some fans don't seem to think it's cool that the Stones are doing that thing with Days of Our Lives. I think it's hilarious. It's kind of like the Justin Timberlake thing. My gut feeling is this...don't get your panties all in a knot, it's only Rock n Roll.
October 13th, 2005 06:12 AM
FotiniD When I think of Days of our Lives, I think about Friends and Joey playing the neurosurgeon.

Somehow the Rolling Stones just don't fit in with the soap... at all... I'm wondering how many wrong moves in a row a management / record company can make. They must have had the worst promotion in years with ABB.
October 13th, 2005 06:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Somehow the Rolling Stones just don't fit in with the soap... at all...

That could be the point.
October 13th, 2005 06:37 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The stones are comming to the end of their deal with virgin and they are trying to squeeze as many £s out of them as they can.
I would do the same.
October 13th, 2005 09:12 AM
stonedinaustralia i guess they've never been afraid to "sell out" - remember the breakfast cereal jingle back in the early days - rice krispies wasn't it??

and if bob can endorse women's underwear i guess they have to keep up
October 13th, 2005 10:53 AM
gimmekeef Its what happens on stage that counts.The rest is bullshit marketing...
October 13th, 2005 01:43 PM
texile it isn't so much selling out - its just cheesy marketing - a cheesy association...
i liked jt's cd for what it was - and i see the furor over that akin to the blockheads who booed prince in 81......the stones have always embraced different types of artists...so wtf - but THIS.....is cheese.
October 13th, 2005 06:14 PM
Rizollin The Stones never sold out, they bought in. They aren't gonna be martyrs to protect their integrity. Or something.
October 13th, 2005 06:27 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Rizollin wrote:
The Stones never sold out, they bought in. They aren't gonna be martyrs to protect their integrity. Or something.

Let's not be unjust:

Keef and Mick have kids, grandkids - and very soon greatgrandkids too - to feed. It's a whole bunch, and it doesn't appear to be very smart at all.

Don't they just act adequately, how would you yourselfe proceed in their situation?

May the Lord help them!

October 13th, 2005 06:55 PM
Rizollin Dick Bush posts remind me of acid. Anyways, to elaborate- I don't think the stones take their song catalogue too seriously, and it probably amuses them that a soap opera wants one of their songs. Self preservation has never been their forte. They're too self centered to worry that people think they're selling/have sold out. They're narsicistic about being narsicistic.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)