ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DVD Players - Question Return to archive
October 12th, 2005 06:18 PM
deuce I recently got my hands on a Dvd....Keith and the Wino's in Koln '92. Problem is, it wont play in any of my players. Im pretty sure the problem is that it's a PAL format and my players only play NTSC. Are there any DVD players on the American market that support both formats at a reasonable price? I really want to watch this, but until then I cant..
October 12th, 2005 06:41 PM
Jumping Jack Most PCs play both formats. Many new DVD players in the States play both formats, but you have to research them to be sure.
October 12th, 2005 07:00 PM
stonesmachine I have a Pioneer DV-578A which will play both NTSC and Pal and also SACD, it was about $170 off of Ebay (new).
Like the post above states you will have to do a little homework, there are many cheap imports that will do both.
Try this link and look under the left hand side under lists and it covers current DVD players.

http://www.videohelp.com/
[Edited by stonesmachine]
October 12th, 2005 09:13 PM
cabledogg2 Walmart sells a brand called ilo that plays both pal & ntsc. It was about $50.00...............
October 13th, 2005 06:23 AM
egon as far as i know all decent dvd players/roms have pal & ntsc

sometimes the player is unable to switch automatically between pal & ntsc. check your manual on how to do it yourself.

however if your tv is not "multisystem" (ie if it doesn't support pal), you will have
picture but only in black & white
October 13th, 2005 08:06 AM
corgi37 All Aussie players play both. Most (about 90%) play all regions. It's one example where the U.S. is stuffed - ahahahahaha! I guess cause 99% of stuff Yanks buy is from their own market. I know of some examples, Shaun of the dead and Oz's own Undead, where you guys were left out. Teaches you to be so myopic.

But, most dvd's can be hacked to all regions by the remote.

As for NTSC, well, you could be fucked, cause even if you get a dvd with NTSC/PAL/SECAM, chances are, your t.v.'s wont play it anyway.

You guys need some eye opening. Some liberation. Hey, why not get Iraq to invade!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)