ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Surveying Mick Solo Stuff Return to archive
October 11th, 2005 07:25 PM
Neocon I've heard a few people say a "Bigger Bang" sounds like Mick's solo stuff. I like a "bigger Bang" except of course "Streets of Love." I'm not sure I love "Biggest Mistake." But I pretty much like the album.

So having said that, would I like Goddess......?

I still have nightmares about songs like "War Baby," and "Let's Work." That's why I haven't bought any solo Mick, It makes me think of "Streets of Love" and those other shit songs. Maybe he's better know solo.......
October 11th, 2005 07:48 PM
Soldatti If you don't like Streets Of Love or Biggest Mistake, stay away of GITD.
October 11th, 2005 08:09 PM
Neocon Yea, I think I suffered a bit of the old Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after listening to "War baby." "Streets of Love" brings me back to that. Really tough. Party Doll causes some pretty bad flashbacks as well.

On Bridges I just hated Gunface, Always Suffering, Anybody Seen K.D. Lang's Lawyer..... I think somewhere in Saint of Me was a good song, it was just buried in these lyrics that didn't go with the music, some religous references that just didn't jive with the music, I don't really know how to exp,lain it. A missed opportunity really.
October 11th, 2005 08:16 PM
texile however:
out of focus (most of wandering spirit - but this one is one of his BEST of all time.
don't call me up
blind leading the blind
too far gone
most of some girls for that matter.......
just check out the outtakes and rehearsals from that album - that's jagger yelling out the chord changes and breaks and spontaneous lyrics.....

October 11th, 2005 08:22 PM
Neocon Yea, I like Some Girls, except I really can't stand "far Away Eyes." I think the best song on there is Keith's Beast of Burden, but I do like Some Girls, but again, if Keith is their to pick songs and give them some balls, some times it doesn't matter if Mick came up with the basic song.

Back then Keith and Mick seemed on a closer wave length. It sounds like Keith is a dilluted these days anyway, since I heard he "adored" Streets of Love.
October 11th, 2005 08:43 PM
texile ture, beast was keith's riff and chorus - but jagger wrote the verses....this song is probably my favorite example of the glimmer twins working together....those sad lines with keith's sad melodic riffs...a guitar friend of mine calls this his favorite keith riff - along all those meloncholy little riffs he throws in...
ditto about far away - but its a small dent in an otherwise emmaculate collection...
October 11th, 2005 09:19 PM
time is on my side If you want to check out a great Mick solo album, then you need to get 1993's Wandering Spirit. It's the only one that's worth a shit in my opinion even though they all have a few interesting songs here or there. Wandering Spirit has held up very well over TIME.

Also, I've always thought Far Away Eyes was a great STONES country song. Love the story being told along with the STONES countrified beat. Some great live versions on GORGEOUS GIRLS. To me, SOME GIRLS is one of those albums where I don't skip over any songs. They're all great including Far Away Eyes.

October 11th, 2005 09:32 PM
texile if they would have replaced far away with no spar parts...
'lonely hearts weren't meant to be broke,
i got no spare parts....'

October 11th, 2005 09:34 PM
speedfreakjive I agree, Faraway Eyes id good, if not just for its immense comic value.
October 11th, 2005 10:15 PM
Neocon There may be a funny line in Far Away Eyes, but to me it's like Streets of Love, a turd in what is basically a bed of roses.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)