ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Machine Head Appreciation Thread Return to archive
October 11th, 2005 01:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 11th, 2005 01:48 PM
gimmekeef Wheres my acid man!
October 11th, 2005 02:05 PM
stewed & Keefed Know here is a great band.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
October 11th, 2005 02:18 PM
Vinyl kills Love that album! Ritchie Blackmore rules. I'm a great RAINBOW fan too.
October 11th, 2005 02:23 PM
Bloozehound is that the album that smoke on the water on it
October 11th, 2005 02:50 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
is that the album that smoke on the water on it

Precisely! Best Deep Purple yet!
October 11th, 2005 02:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Like my buddy Vinyls, I am too a Rainbow and Deep Purple addicted......after the Stones.....Purple is right behind....

btw, I have Machine Head on Vinyl.... can't describe how strong, raw and REAL it sounds......
October 11th, 2005 03:05 PM
Prodigal Son Machine Head is their best album for sure. But you know, for the most part I found Deep Purple to be overly heavy, pretentious, annoying and overrated. Just the nadir of lousy 70s heavy metal excess. There were way worse bands however and better metal bands. But I guess metal isn't my cup of tea. Zep's hard rock was preferable to me.

Sleep Purple weren't much more insightful or interesting than Black Sabbath, IMO. I liked Ozzy as a singer better and Tony Iommi's guitar is better than the Hendrix inclined, pseudo-classical shit of Richie Blackmore. But Deep Purple wrote better songs and had a killer rhythm section that made Sabbath sound like a tinny, high school band. Machine Head is the one album worth getting for general fans of hard rock and a hits collection is comprehensive too.

But there's too much junk I find, to wade through on stuff like Burn, When We Rock We Roll(?) that awful Concerto thing that Jon Lord composed, their other Lps (names escape me at the moment) and their early stuff ("Kentucky Woman" sucks but "Hush" is pretty sweet. My fave songs by them are "Smoke..." "Highway Star," "Space Truckin'," "Black Night," "Woman from Tokyo," "Hush," and "Demon's Eye." But gimme the Stones anyday over them!
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
October 11th, 2005 03:06 PM
Nellcote Highway Star,
Space Truckin'
And, Smoke on the Water, with the Stones tie-in lyric
"We ended up at the grand hotel
It was empty cold and bare
But with the rolling truck stones thing just outside
Making our music there"
Brings me back to those golden days of yesteryear..
Yeah, the ones which had plenty of Tango, Maximus Super,
Acapulco Gold, Good Time Women..
Driving mad in a '70 Nova, eight track playa bangin out
The Hits~Stones, Zep, Alice Cooper, Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter, J Geils, Deep Purple, et all...
Time to put the genie back in the bottle...
But, thanks for the 10 minute flashback with this thread..
October 11th, 2005 03:14 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Highway Star,
Space Truckin'
And, Smoke on the Water, with the Stones tie-in lyric
"We ended up at the grand hotel
It was empty cold and bare
But with the rolling truck stones thing just outside
Making our music there"
Brings me back to those golden days of yesteryear..
Yeah, the ones which had plenty of Tango, Maximus Super,
Acapulco Gold, Good Time Women..
Driving mad in a '70 Nova, eight track playa bangin out
The Hits~Stones, Zep, Alice Cooper, Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter, J Geils, Deep Purple, et all...
Time to put the genie back in the bottle...
But, thanks for the 10 minute flashback with this thread..

Don't feel sad my friend.... no matter there's no genie of the bottle, you don't need to be nostalgic and sad about it..... it's up to you..... I only listen to all these heroes of the past every time I can.....queue those fuckers, line 'em up and raise the volume knob of your pick-up. (As long as they are not plastic knobs, which my buddy Fleabit despises).
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
October 11th, 2005 10:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For your information just in case you don't know

Before joining The Jeff Beck Group, Woody was the guitar player in a band "SANTA BARBERA MACHINE HEAD" a band with Jon Lord who later founded Deep Purple, so the term "Machine Head" is 100% stones related in some way

They recorded at least three tracks, and they were released officialy in this album

You can listen a track from this in our Nicky Hopkins website
October 11th, 2005 10:19 PM
DAVINO I have always liked Deep Purple, and have many of their albums&tapes(not many cd's, I liked them most pre-cd and not enough to get the cd's). Made In Japan is their best, it's live... I also like Perfect Strangers and Ian Gillan Band, too.
October 11th, 2005 10:21 PM
DAVINO I have always liked Deep Purple, and have many of their albums&tapes(not many cd's, I liked them most pre-cd and not enough to get the cd's). Made In Japan is their best, it's live... I also like Perfect Strangers and Ian Gillan Band, too. They have a tune called "Painted Horse" that is awesome, I have it on some Japanese import tape(Powerhouse), here are the lyrics:

Painted Horse
Originally released on "Powerhouse" in 1977. Recorded during the "Who Do We Think We Are" sessions,
(Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice)

Child on a painted horse
Streams that will run their course
Gone to a far away shore
Ooh, ooh, ah
My painted horse is weeping

Days of another kind
Frost gets a bruising vine
Why did the carpenter die
Ooh, ooh, ah

Sweet as a rose so fine
Peaceful as a final time
How old could the lion man cry
Ooh, ooh, ah

Thoughts of a winter moon
Warm in a distant room
Why did I fall asleep so soon
Ooh, ooh, ah
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)