ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Name Has Been Decided Return to archive
October 11th, 2005 03:27 AM
Voodoo Scrounge You may remember a few weeks ago, I asked for help in naming my band. Well the response was mediocre, but we have decided to be called DIRTY WORK.

Stones orientated (Not their crowning moment but good enough)

Thanks guys
October 11th, 2005 07:32 AM
exile What happened to

Alfie Foreskin and the Rollbacks?

That name was gold
October 11th, 2005 07:36 AM
shakedhandswithkeith and what is with:

Voodoo Scrounge and his Red Rosettas?
October 11th, 2005 08:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Those names were all put into the hat. But Dirty work was the first one out.

What do you think
October 11th, 2005 09:32 AM
Scottfree I think I'm going to need an Emotional Rescue if you use Dirty Work....
October 11th, 2005 09:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I really wanted to have a Rolling Stones theme running through the bands name. However, Im slightly dissapointed that it had to be possibly their lamest work.
But all my band mates love it!

Some people might have to be "Stripped" and beaten "black and blue" if they dont like dirty work.

[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
October 11th, 2005 09:34 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
You may remember a few weeks ago, I asked for help in naming my band. Well the response was mediocre, but we have decided to be called DIRTY WORK.

Thanks guys

that is a great name and a heavy cross to bear...i trust you are worthy
October 11th, 2005 09:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge We have been in rehearsal now for nearly 18 months and our first real headlining gig is on december 21st.

We have our own original stuff and a few covers. We rock like a bastard
October 11th, 2005 11:47 AM
exile
O.J and the Dead Wives

Shakey and the Parkinson's

October 11th, 2005 03:48 PM
gimmekeef Good luck and have fun with your newe band!...Sure is better than the "Little Indian Girls"!!!!!
October 11th, 2005 07:22 PM
Soldatti I know a band here called Dirty Work too, so you're not the first!
Good luck and play hard.
October 11th, 2005 07:28 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
You may remember a few weeks ago, I asked for help in naming my band. Well the response was mediocre, but we have decided to be called DIRTY WORK.

Thanks guys

Why not: Biggest Mistake? or Back To Zero?
October 11th, 2005 10:02 PM
KeepRigid I still think

'KeepRigid With His Hot and Blue Guitar'

is the way to go.

Voodoo Scrounge, for once in your life, make the right decision. Trust me on this, a band's name is vital to its perceived worth. Throughout the nineties, I had the great fortune to tour* with the Kenny Rogers tribute experience, 'Pique Kenny'.

[*Keep was in charge of the string section. - ed.]

This label not only referenced the fact that we posed the musical question, "How goddamn great was Kenny back in his prime, and why would you want to hear anything other than songs from 1977 through 1982?", but it also alluded to Kenny himself being somewhat uncomfortable with the whole association. (I still believe, had I had a chance to sit down and talk with Kenny, he would have really dug us.)

Do you see? Do you see now how important the name really is? I have zero doubt that, had the original choice for a name ('Every Time Two Fools Collide') gone through, we would've just been a very sad group of kids that no one really respected in a deep down way.

Believe me, once man finds that right name, it is as if all his ways are pleasant ones. He will never want for money, women will try to kill him, and a tailored man named Rectitude will move into the base of his scrotum, whereby a macrame of nutsack ganglion shall be his home.

Please don't fuck this up.
October 12th, 2005 02:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I still think

'KeepRigid With His Hot and Blue Guitar'

is the way to go.

Voodoo Scrounge, for once in your life, make the right decision. Trust me on this, a band's name is vital to its perceived worth. Throughout the nineties, I had the great fortune to tour* with the Kenny Rogers tribute experience, 'Pique Kenny'.

[*Keep was in charge of the string section. - ed.]

This label not only referenced the fact that we posed the musical question, "How goddamn great was Kenny back in his prime, and why would you want to hear anything other than songs from 1977 through 1982?", but it also alluded to Kenny himself being somewhat uncomfortable with the whole association. (I still believe, had I had a chance to sit down and talk with Kenny, he would have really dug us.)

Do you see? Do you see now how important the name really is? I have zero doubt that, had the original choice for a name ('Every Time Two Fools Collide') gone through, we would've just been a very sad group of kids that no one really respected in a deep down way.

Believe me, once man finds that right name, it is as if all his ways are pleasant ones. He will never want for money, women will try to kill him, and a tailored man named Rectitude will move into the base of his scrotum, whereby a macrame of nutsack ganglion shall be his home.

Please don't fuck this up.

Dirty Work it is then
October 12th, 2005 06:15 AM
exile Red Raw Anus and the Hemorrhoids
October 12th, 2005 06:26 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Marrianne Faithfull and the Mars Bars
October 12th, 2005 10:29 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
exile wrote:
Red Raw Anus and the Hemorrhoids

that`s my fav very close behind The Red Rosettas
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)