ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 10th - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 11th, 2005 01:19 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
It did not sell out as I predicted and if people had listened to me, great tickets available all day yesterday..even up front floor tickets.

joshypuss-THE ENTIRE BUILDING WAS FILLED TO THE FUCKIN RAFTERS..SO WHILE YOU ARE RIGHT IN A JEW LAWYER KIND OF WAY,YOU ARE WRONG AS USUAL..WHICH IS WHAT IS SO RIGHT ABOUT YOU.
October 11th, 2005 01:36 PM
lonecrapshooter This show absolutely rocked. I made a good recording and will try to get it out asap. My 8th show this year. A lot like Albany. Philly-fantastic crowd. Puts MSG (overrated) to shame. Is there a better venue to see the Stones in the country? I'd like to know if there is, but I don't think so. There's no review or recording that can truly capture the guitars piercing through you and Charlie the "Banger" nailing every beat. How can you take your eyes of Keith and Charlie at the B-stage?! Rain Fall Down was excellent as was Angie. Ronnie was stellar on YCAGWYW although Chuck sounded way too loud on this in the beginning. Yes, there was sloppiness, but they always seem to pull it together and blow the doors off the place. (Like USC football right now although my beloved Irish may surprise many this week) Yes, this is championship rock'n roll. There's no use in splitting hairs about setlist, miscues, ticket sales, etc. (JB, please shut up!) The guitars are LOUD! New powerful songs. Awesome B-stage setup and sound. This is the best tour!!! Yes, better than LICKS! Just like wine that gets better w/ age. Life is too short for cheap wine and cheap bands like Black Crowes (Saint Sway, please shut up), Bruce Springstink (does he shower?),U2thless , Bon Jovi (can't even get past the name), etc. NOTHING ELSE COMPARES AND NEVER WILL! Celebrate everybody. We are truly privileged to experience this. Think about how lucky we are to still see these guys. Oh, and that favorite topic ticket prices? Well, $100 got me on the floor and I wasn't the only one so no excuses for anyone. And I walked onto the floor w/out being checked and w/out trying! "Go and do likewise gents!"
October 11th, 2005 04:18 PM
montana

from newscom

October 11th, 2005 04:27 PM
FrankiePeppers One word to describe the show: ENERGY. The Stones and the arena were completely into it. Everything was loud and uptempo. Loved the stage; sparse with the backing members off to the side.

Charlie again showed why is the glue of the band. Two hours of non-stop pounding by a 60-year old is quite impressive. So what if Mick forgot/skipped a verse or line. He's been doing it for 30 years! Back then it was drugs and booze, now it's just age. Big deal. If you want to hear the full version, listen to the CD. I even liked Sympathy this time around. It wasn't as garish as the disco version they've trotted out for last 10 years.

As for Keith starting IORR, I would have actually preferred that to Satisfaction to end the show.

Overall, great show, great setlist. I hope MSG in January equals it.
October 11th, 2005 04:50 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
One word to describe the show: ENERGY. The Stones and the arena were completely into it. Everything was loud and uptempo. Loved the stage; sparse with the backing members off to the side.

Charlie again showed why is the glue of the band. Two hours of non-stop pounding by a 60-year old is quite impressive. So what if Mick forgot/skipped a verse or line. He's been doing it for 30 years! Back then it was drugs and booze, now it's just age. Big deal. If you want to hear the full version, listen to the CD. I even liked Sympathy this time around. It wasn't as garish as the disco version they've trotted out for last 10 years.

BOUT FUCKIN TIME-STOP LURKIN..WELCOME TO THE ASYLUM

As for Keith starting IORR, I would have actually preferred that to Satisfaction to end the show.

Overall, great show, great setlist. I hope MSG in January equals it.

October 11th, 2005 06:16 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>but he needs a collective slap in the face from the fans........."SNAP OUT OF IT..YOU CAN DO BETTER, KEEF!!!!!"<

Actually...I think he HAS been doing better on this tour. This is the best version of The Worst that I've ever heard him do. Infamy is OK. He has these two songs down. But I think it's better for him to do well with these two songs, than to keep trainwreckin' Happy, or to bore us with Nearness of You. At least this way he's consistent.

Keith is doing a good job with his set. And I really don't think that he CAN do much better than that any more.

I agree with your assessment of Keef's set this tour Stonesy. I realize people seeing multiple shows want to hear other Keef tunes.....but I dig that he's stickin' to The Worst and Infamy for now. I love The Worst especially with Ronnie on pedal steel and Bernard singing with Keef. Infamy has that driving rhythm which works really well live, in my humble opinion.

I told you from the first.......

October 11th, 2005 08:00 PM
TomL One last review before I rest these weary bones. Got to Philly around noon, first stop Pats steaks where I downed two of them. Off to the Raddison for check in the it was bake time. Terri went out shopping so I got ready for the show with a few rum and cokes. I did not feel like tailgateing for 6 hours so i went another route. I called Cheethah Slut central. Got to there hotel around 4:15 where JF1 made me a nice 7& 7. So me JF1, SV, BL, Elizabeth and Joe were off. Got to the arena and watched Hot Rocks for awhile, then thanks to my friend I got to go to the VIP lounge, FREE BEER AND SNACKS. Thanks for the invite, it is appriciated.

What a breath of fresh air in Philly, again they rocked. Angie, Rain Fell Down, Out Of Control. Off My Cloud. I will say that Kieth started with IORR, don't ask me how they transisioned into Satisfaction.

Nanky you were missed and would of loved this one. Me, Susan and sweet Va walked to the holiday inn from the show in hopes of a better chance of getting a cab. We have a drink or 5 and he calls last call at midnight. We go out to the desk to get a cab phoned and this old guy says I have a ride for you. We go out and it is a full strech black limo. I say yea whats the catch after we get in you say it's a 200 buck minimium right? He says no give me what you want. In we go. Of course we were all hungry at that point so we had to swing by Pat's in a limo, he would not even let us open the door. Grabbed three steaks and off to the CS hotel. What a way to ride through South Philly. Paula you would of loved it. Best 30 dollar ride in your life. We get back to there hotel and it is time for vokda and orange soda till three. My one friend did get to chat with blondie and Benard all night.

At 3 AM I had to call it a night, I was only staying 8 blocks from CSC but I took a cab. Best fare ever to end the night 3.20, five bucks with tip. That limo ride to Pats and the hotel was amazing.

I tried Tony Lukes on the way out in the morning. I gotta rate them as follows. Still champ and the King Of Steaks, PATS, then comes Jims, Genos and Lukes at the bottom.

Martha thanks again for all. I hope I hit the power ball so I can continue onward. Thanks Cheetah Sluts.
October 11th, 2005 08:19 PM
Steel Wheels Who has pictures? I saw enough god damned cell phone cameras.
October 11th, 2005 08:33 PM
LadyJane TomL...you get my vote for MVP of the Tour.

Howe many shows???? AND the Club gig.

The limo ride is the PERFECT way to end this great leg of your journey.

Next stop....NYC in '06.....oh yeah...we won't have ANY fun there will we??????????

Gold rings on ya, my friend.

xx00
LJ.

Hey Voodoo.....is it possible to find that photo of Tom holding up the handmade "We need a Tour" photo???
October 11th, 2005 08:44 PM
TomL Thanks LJ. A few people told me they have a tix for me for tommorrow. I wanna go but I think I will get fired if I do. Got to spend the evening with CC(Hot Rocks band member)at the show. I'll explain later Nanky. That lomo was great, and Pats to boot in the limo. I can not wait till the summitt of the century. I know you will bring justice to the word century. No I do not think it will be any fun at all. I miss you guys.

Gold Rings On Ya fucker.........................I am getting used to this up all night sleep all day thing....Come on power ball.

October 11th, 2005 09:06 PM
TomL So last post was 69, this one is 70. So next post is 71, thats 69 with two fingers up your ass. Nite all.
October 12th, 2005 05:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The Rolling Stones at the Wachovia Center, Mon., Oct. 10

by Neil Ferguson

Photos Jeff Fusco copyright 2005

Another year, another Stones mega-tour. Before we go any farther, let's get the cliches out of the way. "The Strolling Bones," "jaded self-parodies," "billionaire greed-heads" (top-end tickets for a whopping $450, anyone? Forty-dollar crappy long-sleeve T-shirts? Shoddy $25 programs?).

It's been fashionable to knock the Stones' bloated self-importance and increasing irrelevance for, oh, at least 30 years now, and of course we do. Why? Because it's easy. Rumor has it that as part of their touring requirements the "boys" have their own side-stage defibrillator just in case they really do need to start Keith up. And it must be said, it's kind of hard to get down with their erstwhile satanic majesties when your bank manager is sitting behind you.

But when all is said and done, it's like criticizing George W. for being inept, Karl Rove for being the prince of darkness or Paris Hilton for being a talentless fuckwit. What's that I hear you cry? The Stones as family entertainment, sponsored by big business? Why, who'd have thought it?

I mean, really. They've always been cynical cash whores. Jagger was a student at the London School of Economics, for God's sake...what did you expect? Long before anyone else they realized the music biz is exactly that...a business...lower than even a career in the mob in terms of moral rectitude.

Their last tour...the Licks 2002/2003...drew almost universal praise. A triumphant procession across the globe during which they played stadiums and small theaters (with low fixed ticket prices), the tour seemed to recapture a sense of adventure and reveled in their mighty back catalog.

But this tour? It seems, on paper at least, like a return to the bad old days...nothing but enormodomes and arenas, and a relatively rigid setlist, heavy on the hits, rock by rote.

This doesn't bode well for Philly. As the lights go down, a wave of cynicism washes over me when suddenly...bam!...there's a flash of retina-scorching white light, what sounds like the turbo thrust of a 747 in reverse, and Keith Richards appears, an urchinlike monkey man, part Skeletor, part Bela Lugosi. When they flash his ravaged mug on the enormous video screens above the stage, grown men shudder, women scream and small children are reduced to tears. He is indeed a figure of true shock and almighty awe.

And there's Ronnie Wood, grinning like a tartrazine-crazed school kid and proud possessor of the most unfeasibly skinny legs known to man. Charlie Watts, meanwhile, appears to have achieved his life-long ambition and has finally morphed into Buster Keaton.

As for Jagger? The minute you clamp eyes on him, your jaw drops and pretty much remains that way for the rest of the gig. He's Nijinsky, Nureyev and Tina Turner all rolled into one tiny, wiry, rubbery whole. He might be a one-man walking tabloid headline and a faintly ludicrous inveterate skirt-chaser with questionable fashion sense, but the man is one of a dying breed, a true star. He's Liz Taylor, Madonna and Wacko Jacko made flesh. We're not talking VH1/E!/third division Nick 'n' Jessica low-rent stardom here. We're talking the real deal.

And as he minces, prances and pirouettes his way through "Get off of My Cloud," you'd forgive him and the Stones almost anything. It's both utterly ridiculous and utterly fantastic, and the crowd proceeds to ascend into spasms of collective euphoria.

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" becomes a white-light gospel spectacular. "Tumbling Dice" is so laid-back it's damned near horizontal. And a flouncing, camped-up "Miss You" results in the vaguely unnerving sight of balding, sweaty, beer-bellied baby boomers gyrating like popper-crazed queens.

And sure, they make the occasional fuck-up...a bum note here, a fluffed intro there...but it only serves to make them more endearing. My God, you think to yourself, perhaps they're human after all.

It's enough to make a jaded hack swallow his cynicism. Not bad for a bunch of retirees.

October 12th, 2005 09:59 PM
khalil78 Nice pics boys!!! The band looks so great!!!

I'm totally agree with you Gerardo, Angie sometimes become boring, and we need songs like 100 years ago...
I'm agree with you about RFD, I like the song and thank god they played on stage.

I'm just loving this setlist!!!!

Cheers.
October 13th, 2005 12:38 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Angie was good, remember its another song to add to the list for all the haters wanting more songs. Played it one time this tour, God forbid...
October 13th, 2005 02:23 PM
monkey_man I just dl'd Philly from the 10th. . . .what a sweet recording of Angie!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)