ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 10th - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 10th, 2005 10:33 PM
Riffhard He was certainly playing great at the Giants show. From what I have heard his MO this tour has been very positive. That ain't a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all!

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 10:39 PM
nankerphelge Dammit -- Rain Fall Down

Why do we live in this strange grey town?
October 10th, 2005 10:43 PM
tumbling dice
Great set-list, Rain Fall Down !
October 10th, 2005 11:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks LJ for your great cuttin' and pastin'. What would we do without you!!

Nite all- great cyber concert!! Sorry you missed it Riffy, Doug, and Nanky!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
October 10th, 2005 11:12 PM
LadyJane 'Night MEG.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ending with Satisfaction??????

LJ.
October 10th, 2005 11:12 PM
Riffhard Yes,here here Lady Jane! Another brilliant cut and paste job! You have it down to a science! LOL!

Nice to see OOC again. A rather nice setlist tonight I think. Tomarrow I bet we see an even more mixed set. I won't be there,again! Thanks for the condolences all the same guys.

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 11:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot >but he needs a collective slap in the face from the fans........."SNAP OUT OF IT..YOU CAN DO BETTER, KEEF!!!!!"<

Actually...I think he HAS been doing better on this tour. This is the best version of The Worst that I've ever heard him do. Infamy is OK. He has these two songs down. But I think it's better for him to do well with these two songs, than to keep trainwreckin' Happy, or to bore us with Nearness of You. At least this way he's consistent.

Keith is doing a good job with his set. And I really don't think that he CAN do much better than that any more.
October 10th, 2005 11:52 PM
LadyJane Bore us..........

Bore us.............

with Nearness of You??????

Have you ever seen him do it?? I have..

Keith Richards could sing the fucking alphabet and I'd sit in awe.........He's proven himself to me long ago.

I just want to hear some of the classic Keith stuff.....If this IS the last time......give me You Got the Silver one more time...or Slippin Away....or Thru and Thru......or Happy...Lil T/A...Before TMMR....please.

LJ.

October 10th, 2005 11:54 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>but he needs a collective slap in the face from the fans........."SNAP OUT OF IT..YOU CAN DO BETTER, KEEF!!!!!"<

Actually...I think he HAS been doing better on this tour. This is the best version of The Worst that I've ever heard him do. Infamy is OK. He has these two songs down. But I think it's better for him to do well with these two songs, than to keep trainwreckin' Happy, or to bore us with Nearness of You. At least this way he's consistent.

Keith is doing a good job with his set. And I really don't think that he CAN do much better than that any more.

There's a reason he's not doing a rocker. He's at his comfort level and he sounds good. We can't ask for anything more at this stage of the game.

Rick
October 11th, 2005 12:09 AM
the good Just got back. Ronnie and Keith had a great night. Mick was out of it for a few tunes. Didn't remember lyrics to SMU, and a few others. Overall, a good Stones how, but not a great one. Mick dropped the ball. Overall, a B+, maybe an A-.. Not the best Stones show I have seen, for certain, but it was a good one.
October 11th, 2005 12:12 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great set, great debut of one of my favs songs in ABB, many people here and specially at the Spanish forum hate it but as I said from the beginning it's a funk-punk-reggae mixed in a delicous rocking atmosphere and with the Stonean seal. SO stone

Also since some shows ago Rough Justice is in the right place: the static center stage to prove the stones can burn the house down with pure crude, raw unadultered rock with nothing but instruments and a stage

Angie sucks (the song not my beloved girlfriend here) instead 100 years ago would be a perfect match

No JJF wow many of the people attending a RS show is waiting for JJF and SFTD, the rest is irrelevant but was nice to drop it once just to expriment. I'm sure it will be back the next show
October 11th, 2005 12:22 AM
the good
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

No JJF wow many of the people attending a RS show is waiting for JJF and SFTD, the rest is irrelevant but was nice to drop it once just to expriment. I'm sure it will be back the next show

They played JJF. Keith was Killer.
October 11th, 2005 12:40 AM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:
Mick was out of it for a few tunes. Didn't remember lyrics to SMU, and a few others. Overall, a good Stones how, but not a great one. Mick dropped the ball.

How, he's got teleprompters...
Talk about senior moments!
October 11th, 2005 12:44 AM
the good
quote:
pdog wrote:

How, he's got teleprompters...
Talk about senior moments!

Yeah, its true though. Don't get me wrong. Mick had some great moments. But tonight, Keith and Ronnie stole the show.
October 11th, 2005 01:39 AM
Steel Wheels Just getting back.

Jesus, B stage was intense. Very emotional to be so close. They were right in front of me and I could not get my brain around it.

So I began to scream and jump, dance and sing. I think Mick waved at me. Really, I do.
October 11th, 2005 01:46 AM
BILL PERKS JUST GOT BACK FROM SHOW WITH FRANKIE PEPPERS..GREAT SHOW TILL THE END...CROWD WAS FANBLOODY TASTIC..TOTALLY INTO IT..ROCKS OFF,GOMC WERE THE HILITES..RAIN FALL DOWN WAS WELL DONE,,THE SOUND WAS JUST TREMENDOUS,GUITARS LOUD AS HELL
NOW FOR THE END..AT THE END OF BROWN SUGAR THE WHOLE BAND WAS WATCHING KEEF FOR THE NOD AND HE WENT ON AND ON PLAYING AND THEY ENDED IT WITHOUT HIM..NO BIG DEAL,YOU COULDNT REALLY TELL BUT WHEN JJF STARTED HE'S OBVIOUSLY PISSED AND DOESNT START PLAYING UNTIL ABOUT 45 SECS IN..THEN FOR THE FINAL ENCORE HE BEGINS IORR WHEN THE REST OF THE BAND PLAYS SATISFACTION..HE WAS EITHER TRYING TO SEE IF THE BAND WOULD FOLLOW HIM OR HE SOMEHOW FORGOT SATISFACTION CLOSED THE SET..EVEN THE PUNTERS KNEW THE SETLIST AT HOME..
ALL IN ALL ANOTHER GREAT SHOW..MICK AND CHARLIE ON FIRE AS USUAL
October 11th, 2005 01:58 AM
Steel Wheels Keef forgot what to play - did you notice his banter and gestures with Ronnie and Charlie? Very funny.

Where did you sit?
October 11th, 2005 02:03 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Keef forgot what to play - did you notice his banter and gestures with Ronnie and Charlie? Very funny.

Where did you sit?

207 ROW 5 STRAIGHT IN FRONT OF STAGE..EXCELLENT $60 SEATS
October 11th, 2005 03:14 AM
JumpinJackFlash HMMM, No "Gimmie Shelter" yet, hopefully for the Calgary show.
October 11th, 2005 04:13 AM
Jeep Few seconds of ONNYA and Angie, and a report on KYW - CBS channel site :

http://www.kywtv.com/

The 3 videos are on the right side.
Scroll "top videos" to access to the report.
October 11th, 2005 04:14 AM
Moonisup ahh would love to see the last few songs,
October 11th, 2005 06:13 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Angie sucks (the song not my beloved girlfriend here) instead 100 years ago would be a perfect match

What a relief! I was getting kinda worried about all the Angie-bashing until I saw the actual setlist from last night...

I so totally agree with you about 100 Years Ago Gerardo! But then again, it's my favorite song.

Nice set though. Howe did Rain Fall Down sound live? Crap?
October 11th, 2005 06:51 AM
luxury1 Rain Fall Down. It was superb live. At least I thought so. One of my faves too, Voodoo. Wachovia is the best venue I;ve attended so far. Clean, small, sound was fucking LOUD!!
October 11th, 2005 07:23 AM
Steel Wheels The Stones burned that place to the ground last night. What a great show! Rain Fell Down sounded rude and raw. The groove was fat and thick and section 7 was dancing.

Keith solos during Infamy were spot on and mistake free, unlike SFTD.

Satisfaction features some new tasty hot licks from Keef.

Charlie was very loud Charlie owned the Wachovia. He sounded thundering and swinging - heavy stuff!

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

This is the sound of a band that's having fun, that's full of confidence, and totally digging Philly. Bring on night two!
October 11th, 2005 08:10 AM
Maxlugar [quote]BILL PERKS wrote:
BUT WHEN JJF STARTED HE'S OBVIOUSLY PISSED AND DOESNT START PLAYING UNTIL ABOUT 45 SECS IN..

How does JJF start without Keith? I don't understand this. If Keith doesn't play, JJF doesn't start. Are you saying Ronnie kicked off the Riff?

October 11th, 2005 08:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Posted on Tue, Oct. 11, 2005
By Dan DeLuca

INQUIRER MUSIC CRITIC

The concert at the Wachovia Center last night kicked off with video screens showing images of a humongous interstellar explosion, as if the creation of the cosmos and the Rolling Stones were simultaneous.

It sure feels that way. The Stones have been touring every three years or so, it seems, since at least the Pleistocene era.

"We keep comin' around," a goblinlike Keith Richards croaked before gargling out "The Worst," one of his two appointed vocal numbers, along with the new "Infamy."

The latter song was one of a handful off the Stones' new album, A Bigger Bang , their first in eight years and best in many more. The new stuff held its own: "Oh No, Not You Again" was lean and mean and "Rough Justice" appropriately rugged.

But nobody goes to see the Rolling Stones to hear the new stuff. They go to see Mick Jagger - lithe like a ballet dancer but as leathery as an iguana from the neck up - sneer and leer, slither and snarl. (They also go to hear him thank people who had come from "everywhere - places like Morristown" - and claim he had eaten two cheesesteaks yesterday. Fat chance.)

They go to hear the barbed-wire tangle of Richards' guitar with that of his trusty sidekick, Ronnie Wood. And they go to admire gray-haired drummer Charlie Watts, who, recovered from throat cancer, played with as much crisp, swinging economy as ever.

At the Wachovia - where the Stones are scheduled to play a return engagement tomorrow - the band served up warhorses such as "Start Me Up," "Honky Tonky Woman" (which started out rickety but soon righted itself), and a high-powered "Sympathy for the Devil."

But there were also surprises. Richards' acoustic playing on "Angie" was a bit ragged, but Jagger - in excellent voice all night - had the song's bittersweet heartache down cold. Richards' souped-up Chuck Berry licks fired up hot on the swaggering "Tumbling Dice." Four horn players and three vocalists were put to winning use on the licentious "Rocks Off" and a skanking cover of Bob Marley and Peter Tosh's reggae anthem "Get Up, Stand Up."

Stones stadium shows used to rely on fireworks and props like giant inflatable women to provide over-the-top spectacle. But at the Wachovia last night, the only gimmick was a mini-stage that carried the band to the back of the arena, where they played three songs in closer proximity to their multigenerational audience and one another.

Sure, they're dinosaurs, and what they do so well has little connection to what's going on in the rest of the musical universe in 2005. But when they get on stage, the Stones are still frisky, and flawed, musicians, entertaining their audience with a catalog that's as essential to the history of rock and roll as anybody's. It's the band that's the spectacle.

Contact music critic Dan DeLuca
October 11th, 2005 10:17 AM
jb It did not sell out as I predicted and if people had listened to me, great tickets available all day yesterday..even up front floor tickets.
October 11th, 2005 10:35 AM
satanicmajesty Trying to be objective here. Had a great time at the show but must say compared to last tour if last night is any indication this time they are rather sloppy. First song--Start Me Up--second verse, Mick goes into the chorus when there are still 2 lines left in the verse--everybody scrambles to adjust (which is one of the things the Stones do best when the inevitable mistakes occur). Mick forgot lines and repeated verses in several songs--very un-Mick-like. The kicker, however, was the last song. Keith starts it out as IORR (no mistaking the signature intro), and then Mick comes in singing Satisfaction. Everyone onstage looks around like what the hell is going on and make the quick adjustment. Based on the setlist (which you could see on the glass next to Charlie when the stage moved out), the last one WAS supposed to be Satisfaction, so yes it was Keith's initial screw-up to start playing IORR, but COME ON, if he starts it as IORR, just stay with it and do that one! I also thought, contrary to what others are saying, the guitar work is more sloppy overall than last tour. It seemed that last tour they were on a mission to really show off their musicianship and played very seriously--lots of eye contact, tight changes, smoking jams. The eye contact level is definitely down this time, and it seems more like they are just going through the motions. Don't get me wrong--they are the Stones and still put on a great show; it just seemed to me that they did not this time reach the rather high bar they set for themselves last time around. Based on the ticket prices this time I expected better. Sorry folks that's how I see it.
October 11th, 2005 12:55 PM
the good
quote:
jb wrote:
It did not sell out as I predicted and if people had listened to me, great tickets available all day yesterday..even up front floor tickets.

JB, there were like three empty seats in the place. Chill out. Be happy.
October 11th, 2005 01:08 PM
the good This was a strange show. It was a blast, don't get me wrong.
And for the most part, everyobody did a great job. My hat is off to Keith. Anyone who says the guy is washed up and can't play anymore if full of shit. He was ferocious. Especially on Infamy and Sympathy for the devil.

But there were a lot of band screw ups. Stupid stuff, like not knowing the setlist, and forgetting lyrics, and sometimes not only forgetting lyrics, but skipping whole versus and going into the refrain too soon. But I think to the average person attending the concert, this stuff was probably not even noticed.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)