ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "A Bigger Bang" Special Edition with Bonus DVD (and 2 new songs) Return to archive
October 10th, 2005 03:34 PM
Gazza Dont have the release date yet, but here's the relevant info on the bonus material :

The special edition of A Bigger Bang will come in a slipcase and will have a bonus DVD with the following content:
Streets of Love video
Streets of Love (performance footage)
Rough Justice (performance footage)
Under The Radar (brand new song)
Don't Wanna Go Home (brand new song)
Rain Fall Down (mix)
Picture gallery

Thanks to IORR
October 10th, 2005 04:26 PM
StonesChick Thanks for the great news. Any idea where the performance footage of Streets of Love is coming from? I would love to hear it live!
October 10th, 2005 04:28 PM
Gazza Interesting point.

They still havent played it live as yet, right?

Maybe they did a performance of it on the soundstage when filming the video. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine!
October 10th, 2005 04:30 PM
time is on my side Incredible news!!! Thanks!!
October 10th, 2005 05:02 PM
Moonisup WOW
October 10th, 2005 05:06 PM
keithriffhard it would only be right if they at least waited another 2 or 3 months with more bonus material, because this right now is a VERY meager offering. maybe a documentary on the making of the album? maybe a couple more rarities? or are they just ripping us off with 5 small bonus features until they release the Bigger Bang Tour DVD sometime in late 06 or early 07? I think this shouldn't be called special edition, but I will most likely buy it.
October 10th, 2005 05:13 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Interesting point.

They still havent played it live as yet, right?

Maybe they did a performance of it on the soundstage when filming the video. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine!

No, they haven't played it live yet. I haven't seen any reports of this being played during soundchecks either. Maybe Miami! I think it would be incredible live, especially Mick.
October 10th, 2005 05:14 PM
Gazza I hope these 2 "brand new songs" are more fully realised than the "2 brand new songs" that we were teased with on the Four Flicks DVD and which turned out to be a couple of loose and uninspiring (although visually interesting) jam sessions.

That said, it was reported that they mixed 18 songs for this album and we already knew "Under The Radar" was one of them, so I guess thats everything that was finished for this album now available.

Plus, hopefully the two songs will be available on an audio format and we wont just have to watch a DVD to be able to listen to them

PS : Bjornulf on IORR reckons possibly late November for a release date
[Edited by Gazza]
October 10th, 2005 05:49 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I hope these 2 "brand new songs" are more fully realised than the "2 brand new songs" that we were teased with on the Four Flicks DVD and which turned out to be a couple of loose and uninspiring (although visually interesting) jam sessions.
on IORR reckons possibly late November for a release date
[Edited by Gazza]

Know what you mean, but I do remember reading Under the Radar as one of the songs originally slotted for the cd.
October 10th, 2005 05:50 PM
StonesChick
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
it would only be right if they at least waited another 2 or 3 months with more bonus material, because this right now is a VERY meager offering. maybe a documentary on the making of the album? maybe a couple more rarities? or are they just ripping us off with 5 small bonus features until they release the Bigger Bang Tour DVD sometime in late 06 or early 07? I think this shouldn't be called special edition, but I will most likely buy it.

I say release it now!! Yay!!

Waiting 2 or 3 more months will turn into at least 6 more months.
October 10th, 2005 06:29 PM
Lazy Bones Dear, Santa...
October 10th, 2005 07:22 PM
Soldatti Great to see a few more new tunes. It seems that Virgin is milking the last cow during this last two years, hopefully the Stones will sign with another label next year.
October 10th, 2005 09:09 PM
glencar It's nice to have the two new songs. This is the most exciting news in a while!
October 11th, 2005 02:41 AM
Monkey Woman OK, a new must-have for Christmas...

BTW, do you remember the reports before release about "18 new songs among wich the band will choose" the ones to put on the record? Now, with the 16-track ABB plus 2 new songs, it seems that all 18 songs from the 2004-05 sessions are to be officially released!
October 11th, 2005 02:46 AM
corgi37 Was SOL performed at that warm up show?
October 11th, 2005 05:33 AM
Moonisup
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Was SOL performed at that warm up show?

no
October 11th, 2005 05:55 AM
Mickijaggeroo Monkey woman: Yes, my friend Ove who was at the listening party in the start of summer said that there were 18 tracks, and these two are the two that´s missing.
October 11th, 2005 06:32 AM
egon i may be the only one, but i think they are a bunch of bastards.

this should have ben released directly with the "normal" cd,
so we could have had a choise...

October 11th, 2005 06:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
i may be the only one, but i think they are a bunch of bastards.

this should have ben released directly with the "normal" cd,
so we could have had a choise...

same here Egon.
Time to go back to the store...
"gimme allll your money Ronnie!!"
October 11th, 2005 06:55 AM
Jumacfly talking about the 2 first singles of ABB: the 2 songs where Matt Clifford is credited...after Goddess's flop, it seems Sir Mick wants to make cash for his poor little boy.
[Edited by Jumacfly]
October 11th, 2005 06:56 AM
egon this thing has "egon you're a stup asshole" written all over it.

And you know what; it's probably true!
October 11th, 2005 06:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
this thing has "egon you're a stup asshole" written all over it.

And you know what; it's probably true!

Here,the thing has "you re a stup asshole and you will buy me to help Mick buying a brand new jacuzzi"!!
October 11th, 2005 07:03 AM
Moonisup I love it! I love all the new stonesstuff coming out! The rolling stones rule! We must be happy that they are still here, they are the greatest!
October 11th, 2005 09:23 AM
corgi37 SOL must be the clip then. It's a "performance" clip.
October 11th, 2005 09:25 AM
Moonisup
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
SOL must be the clip then. It's a "performance" clip.

or maybe the clip from RS com where they rehearse it??
October 11th, 2005 10:52 AM
blackandblue I don't like this kind of milking out!
October 11th, 2005 12:25 PM
gimmekeef Whatever happened to the now infamous fanclub dvd?
October 11th, 2005 07:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
I don't like this kind of milking out!

It's very common on this days this kind of re-issues, the rappers are the kings of the repacking adding remixes and videos on every new re-issue.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)