ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RE: Ladies & Gentlemen Return to archive
October 9th, 2005 07:17 PM
Ronnie Richards My apologies if this has been discussed here before (I'm new to this board..)

But does anyone know why L&G hasn't been released on DVD?
October 9th, 2005 09:56 PM
Soldatti You know, one of the mysteries of the life.
October 9th, 2005 10:24 PM
corgi37 Maybe they are just waiting for the right moment. Dont want to rush these things. It's only been a smidgeon over 30 years. Dont be so impatient.
October 9th, 2005 10:57 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe they are just waiting for the right moment. Dont want to rush these things. It's only been a smidgeon over 30 years. Dont be so impatient.

LOL!!!!!!!! You are still the "King". Joey and I are very fond of you!!! When we retire from posting you must carry on the legacy!!!
October 10th, 2005 01:16 PM
texile the world could live without another new live cd - including licks and the inevitable abbb collection....BUT releasing ladies and ...would introduce a younger generation to the stones 72 ....and capitalize on all those tour 72 t-shirts....
October 10th, 2005 01:18 PM
gimmekeef They had it ready to go a few years ago..but Ronnie stole the master tapes...
October 10th, 2005 01:36 PM
pavlovs dog I HAVE a DVD copy of Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones.

It is almost certainly a transfer from DVD or other format. I'm not sure. I bought it off e-bay. Whoever made the set calls themselves Shameless Smut Videos. For all I know it's all illegal. It came in a box set with Cocksucker Blues, The Marquee CLub '71 show, '75 La Forum and '76 Paris shows. The picture quality varies, sespecialy for the '75 & '76 shows which are pretty crummy but it's better than nothing.
October 10th, 2005 02:18 PM
gimmekeef I have that too..All illegal..And quality varies from a 6-9 or so.but the packaging is cool...Love the female anatomy shots as well!
October 10th, 2005 02:24 PM
zenarcher i agrre
October 10th, 2005 02:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
My apologies if this has been discussed here before (I'm new to this board..)

But does anyone know why L&G hasn't been released on DVD?

the band dont seem to be interested in their archives

L&G was never even released on home video either (apart from, I think, a brief release in Australia) so if they couldnt even do that, I wouldnt hold your breath for a DVD release

They'll probably wait until the band is no more before cashing in with all the archive stuff. The question is, though, when that happens will there be anyone left who cares?
October 10th, 2005 03:40 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I have that too..All illegal..And quality varies from a 6-9 or so.but the packaging is cool...Love the female anatomy shots as well!

the beaver shots can be tricky when my 6 & 4 year old kids beg to see the videos- they're both big Stones fans already!
October 10th, 2005 04:35 PM
Ronnie Richards Could it be they're afraid of the fans comparing L&G to present performances?
October 10th, 2005 05:11 PM
keithriffhard i think they should release Ladies and gentlemen for sure! now with technology, it would look as good, if not better, than "Gimme Shelter" which was an incredible achievement in restoration. But I doubt they'd wanna release Cocksucker Blues ever. Maybe they should also release LA Forum 1975, because that's great show. They should be releasing their archives now, they're at the point where they can release a toilet seat and it gets price $52 and everyone gets it, but this won't be any toilet seat, and well worth $52!
October 10th, 2005 06:00 PM
Rizollin Love Tumblin Dice on Ladies and Gentlemen. Only live version I've heard that doesn't annoy the crap outta me. Mick actually says "Women think I'm tasty" not "crazy" like he does now or "people think I'm crazy" that's just lame. And he doesn't do that annoying Jamaican accent or whatever it is. Shudder.
October 11th, 2005 03:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge My friend recently returned from the Phillipines where he bought me a dvd of ladies and gentlemen. Its very good quality and almost certainly illegal.
One of my favourite dvds at the moment.
October 11th, 2005 10:06 AM
corgi37 Gazza, it was indeed released here legit. It was the 1st ever vid i bought. I got it even before we had a player. This is like 80-81. Cost $70.00! That would be something like $600 now. Put it this way, my weekly wage then was about $90.00.
October 11th, 2005 01:29 PM
texile
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
Could it be they're afraid of the fans comparing L&G to present performances?

that's MY longstanding, cynical theory.....
how would you like to be reminded at 62 that your best years were when you were 29.....
October 11th, 2005 01:54 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They'll probably wait until the band is no more before cashing in with all the archive stuff. The question is, though, when that happens will there be anyone left who cares?

Excellent point

Alot of their peers, Dylan, Greatful Dead ect..are officially releasing obscure and bootleg concert type material and making some dime on it, not to mention all the new "deluxe editon" type remastered discs

Months back when they finally annnounced the Stones were recording a new album (ABB), they also said they were going to release a B-side/rarities type disc, then they cancelled it, sup with that

What the hell are they waiting for
October 11th, 2005 03:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Months back when they finally annnounced the Stones were recording a new album (ABB), they also said they were going to release a B-side/rarities type disc, then they cancelled it, sup with that

What the hell are they waiting for

uh...

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/216746-1.html

DO try and keep up, Bloozy!
October 11th, 2005 05:38 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh...

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/216746-1.html

DO try and keep up, Bloozy!

whoa, how did I miss that...

Ha!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)