ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylors guest appearance on 1981 tour in Kansas Return to archive
October 8th, 2005 02:52 PM
Chris74 Are there any photos of that? Can his playing there be identified on a record?

Thanks

October 8th, 2005 02:58 PM
Mathijs I have seen one picture posted on IORR. On the soundboard recording, you can clearly hear him on Black Limousine, Time is on Our Side, Beast of Burden, Waiting on a Friend and YCAGWYW.

Mathijs
October 8th, 2005 03:07 PM
beer

-
October 8th, 2005 03:10 PM
Chris74 Thanks a lot. Man - Mick Taylor looks totally changed and much older than Mick Jagger on that pic although only taken 7 years after he quit.
October 8th, 2005 03:37 PM
nankerphelge Sadly, his 2-dozen-donuts-a-day habit had already taken their toll!
October 8th, 2005 04:14 PM
glencar Wow, he was on his way!
October 8th, 2005 07:27 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
I have seen one picture posted on IORR. On the soundboard recording, you can clearly hear him on Black Limousine, Time is on Our Side, Beast of Burden, Waiting on a Friend and YCAGWYW.

Mathijs

I can't make his guitar out at all on the soundboard boots at all. He wasn't plugged into the board so sadly, I only hear Ronnie & Keith.

October 9th, 2005 12:24 AM
jpenn11
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
I can't make his guitar out at all on the soundboard boots at all. He wasn't plugged into the board so sadly, I only hear Ronnie & Keith.

As I recall:

On YCAGWYW, he is playing power chords behind Richards at the outset. He is also soloing during the singalong break.

On BL, he trades solos with Wood at the end of the song.

I think he also does a slide on the HTW intro.
October 10th, 2005 07:42 AM
Mathijs
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Then your probably listening to the simular sounding audience tape. He can clearly be heard on the SB tape. You can't miss his blistering slide on Black Limousine!

Mathijs
October 10th, 2005 07:53 AM
Maxlugar At first listen you don't really pick him up.

After about three or for times, you realize he's all over the place.

That's a very good boot of the tour in any case. One of my favorites.

Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman are very much missed. Oh sure, the current Vegas Stones are great and all but...

October 10th, 2005 08:35 AM
T&A his guitar can be heard (faint at times) on all songs from BL to the end
October 10th, 2005 02:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude So the rumour that he was not plugged into the board is false? Another close listen has proven you kind people correct. I am starting to make out his chubby God-like finger stylings. O joy!

A shame they didn't let him play the following night at the Hamptons pay per view. Perhaps he got carried away at the backstage buffet in Kansas City and pissed off the band.
October 10th, 2005 03:07 PM
Gazza LOL

Taylor was on tour with the Alvin Lee Band at the time he played with the Stones in Kansas City (14/12/81)

Logistically he could have played at the Hampton show four nights later as he had a night off (Alvin Lee was between shows in Cincinnati on the 17th and Indiananpolis on the 19th) but maybe it was too difficult to arrange.

I wonder did the Stones invite him onstage just because he happened to be in town that night or was it with a possible guest appearance at the Hampton telecast in mind?
October 10th, 2005 04:30 PM
Chris74 Is the right bootleg to properly recognize Mick Taylor in Kansas "Guitar Onslaught"? (nice name btw) Where can one get it? Is it a good show altogether?

Thanks,
Chris
October 11th, 2005 04:21 AM
Mathijs As far as I understand (from Ian McLagan's All the Rage book for example), Taylor was in town and visited the Stones at the hotel. Before he knew it, he was in the van to the stadium, and foudn himself on stage playing from Black Limousine onwards. Apperently Jagger's plan was o try him out in order to have him as a special guest on the Hampton PPV. To all accounts, it was horrible, but not entirely Taylor's fault. He was playing through the bands small Boogie Mark 1 combo which was placed near the piano. As he was standing about 10 meters away and had no monitor, he had to turn it up full to be able to hear himself, but ending up drowning out the entire band. Keith got completely mad about this, and to all acounts it must have been awfull to be on stage. Wood remarked in an interview that apperently taylor wasn't used anymore to playing big stadiums and arena's so wasn't used to the sound levels. But in the end, his appearence at Hampton was skipped.

I would really doubt Taylor will ever play with the Stones again. Closest was 2003 Astoria gig, where he was schedualed to play Rock Me Baby, but the song was skipped due to voice problems of Mick. There's been debate whether he was going to play, but according to himself he was.

Mathijs
October 11th, 2005 04:16 PM
Chris74
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
As far as I understand (from Ian McLagan's All the Rage book for example), Taylor was in town and visited the Stones at the hotel. Before he knew it, he was in the van to the stadium, and foudn himself on stage playing from Black Limousine onwards. Apperently Jagger's plan was o try him out in order to have him as a special guest on the Hampton PPV. To all accounts, it was horrible, but not entirely Taylor's fault. He was playing through the bands small Boogie Mark 1 combo which was placed near the piano. As he was standing about 10 meters away and had no monitor, he had to turn it up full to be able to hear himself, but ending up drowning out the entire band. Keith got completely mad about this, and to all acounts it must have been awfull to be on stage. Wood remarked in an interview that apperently taylor wasn't used anymore to playing big stadiums and arena's so wasn't used to the sound levels. But in the end, his appearence at Hampton was skipped.

I would really doubt Taylor will ever play with the Stones again. Closest was 2003 Astoria gig, where he was schedualed to play Rock Me Baby, but the song was skipped due to voice problems of Mick. There's been debate whether he was going to play, but according to himself he was.

Mathijs

How do you evaluate that book - is it a good one?

Chris
October 11th, 2005 04:38 PM
winter
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
As far as I understand (from Ian McLagan's All the Rage book for example), Taylor was in town and visited the Stones at the hotel. Before he knew it, he was in the van to the stadium, and foudn himself on stage playing from Black Limousine onwards. Apperently Jagger's plan was o try him out in order to have him as a special guest on the Hampton PPV. To all accounts, it was horrible, but not entirely Taylor's fault. He was playing through the bands small Boogie Mark 1 combo which was placed near the piano. As he was standing about 10 meters away and had no monitor, he had to turn it up full to be able to hear himself, but ending up drowning out the entire band. Keith got completely mad about this, and to all acounts it must have been awfull to be on stage. Wood remarked in an interview that apperently taylor wasn't used anymore to playing big stadiums and arena's so wasn't used to the sound levels. But in the end, his appearence at Hampton was skipped.

Mathijs

I thought the rumor was that Taylor showed up, but left before he was supposed to come on. Maybe they ran out of donughts back stage?

wintah
October 11th, 2005 05:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
Chris74 wrote:

How do you evaluate that book - is it a good one?

Chris

Yes. It certainly is
October 11th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti He looks like one of the Ramones on that pic.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)