ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your Favourite live Solo of Mick Taylor Return to archive
October 8th, 2005 02:45 PM
Chris74 I love how he was playing on "Gimme Shelter" 1973 in Perth on I think a Wah Wah guitar. Never heard it like that again - unbelievable.

And also his solo on "Jumpin Jack Flash" 1972 at MSG New York. He sounds here more rude than usual. Also a killer!

October 8th, 2005 03:25 PM
BILL PERKS DANCIN WITH MR D -73 BRUSSELS
October 8th, 2005 04:40 PM
texile ycagwyw - nyc,72.......should be in a time capsule
October 8th, 2005 08:52 PM
LeedsLungs71 YCAGWYW from Brussels 73...
October 8th, 2005 09:39 PM
ventilatorblues72 All Mick Taylor solos ARE awesome but Gimme Shelter from Wembley Empire Pool, Sep. 9, 1973 really gives me the chills!!!
October 9th, 2005 11:12 AM
Chris74 One killer is also the "Sympathy for the Devil" - one "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" - first Keefs solo in his typical style and then Taylor with this killer - so great that one!

October 9th, 2005 12:16 PM
DAVINO Starfucker, whenever.
October 9th, 2005 12:30 PM
wisertime SWAY !!! ... with .... Carla Olson, 1990 Roxy Theatre
October 9th, 2005 12:53 PM
Nasty Habits There is nothing typical about Keith's solo in Sympathy on Ya-Ya's - it is so great it's archetypal, is what they call it. The Keith/Taylor trade on Ya-Ya's is simply the greatest guitar moment on any record any where period.

As far as flying alone I'll take Taylor's MSG '72 solos on Love in Vain for sheer melodic and tonal perfection.

October 9th, 2005 07:20 PM
texile i agree nasty...that taylor/richards interplay on ya ya's sympathy is classic...
taylor was always great but for me - what he did to ycagwyw is by far his greatest live achievment...
he transformed this song into something almost spiritual..
how about the solo on no expectations from the nicaraguan benefit....gorgeous
October 9th, 2005 07:56 PM
tumbling dice
Love in Vain ,Houston 72
October 9th, 2005 10:12 PM
Soldatti Gimme Shelter, Brussels 1973
October 10th, 2005 03:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dead Flowers from ladies and gentlemen
October 10th, 2005 03:51 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
texile wrote:
i agree nasty...that taylor/richards interplay on ya ya's sympathy is classic...
taylor was always great but for me - what he did to ycagwyw is by far his greatest live achievment...
he transformed this song into something almost spiritual..

i essentially agree with what you say about his YCAGWYW solo texile - but i would add that the fact that the solo is underpinned by keiths equally as gorgeous and, indeed, spiritual rythym licks helps to propel the solo into another stratosphere - i mean, if mick T played the exact same solo over the top of lou reed (for example) playing the rythym would it be quite as moving???
October 10th, 2005 07:26 AM
Mathijs
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
Starfucker, whenever.

Only, it's Keith doing the solo of Starfucker.

Mathijs
October 10th, 2005 07:29 AM
Mathijs Best ever taylor solo's: Tumbling Dice, Brussels 1973 (it's a little symphony), Gimme Shelter from Wembley 9/9/1973 (so hauntingly beautiful), Love in Vain from Philadelphia 6/20/1972 and Midnight Rambler, Brussels 1973 (from beginning to end, all his little riffs, and the big solo in the middle part).

Mathijs
October 10th, 2005 07:41 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER Love in vain (philadelphia 72)
Heartbreaker (londres 73)
Jumping jack flash (brussels 73 at the end)
All down the line (russels 73)
October 10th, 2005 01:13 PM
texile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

i essentially agree with what you say about his YCAGWYW solo texile - but i would add that the fact that the solo is underpinned by keiths equally as gorgeous and, indeed, spiritual rythym licks helps to propel the solo into another stratosphere - i mean, if mick T played the exact same solo over the top of lou reed (for example) playing the rythym would it be quite as moving???

absolutely - keith's simple but sublime rythym guitar on this song allows taylor to just soar....it becomes like a hymn.
October 10th, 2005 01:58 PM
jb All of them...but the GS solo's on Philly Special at approx 2:17 and 4:21 are chilling!!!
October 10th, 2005 02:12 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
As far as flying alone I'll take Taylor's MSG '72 solos on Love in Vain for sheer melodic and tonal perfection.

I'm with you Nasty. The first solo he takes is amazing, but the second one is simply other worldly and sublime.
October 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
DANCIN WITH MR D -73 BRUSSELS

Simply fantastic!!!
October 10th, 2005 08:05 PM
sj
quote:
texile wrote:

It's Divine! I seriously wish someone has this on soundboard. Release date, maybe next 30 years?!

Thank you Mr. Taylor for all your wonderful work (and the stones of course).

sj
October 11th, 2005 07:18 AM
Zeeta Stray Cat blues from GYYYO!

Fuckin amazing!
October 11th, 2005 07:30 AM
nankerphelge Gimme Shelter - perth '73

October 11th, 2005 09:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Midnight Rambler, Brussels 1973 (from beginning to end, all his little riffs, and the big solo in the middle part).

Damn Straight My Brother !!!!!!
October 11th, 2005 12:16 PM
texile
quote:
sj wrote:

It's Divine! I seriously wish someone has this on soundboard. Release date, maybe next 30 years?!

Thank you Mr. Taylor for all your wonderful work (and the stones of course).

sj

i have three copies of this boot and each just a little less shitty than the other.....
its a great show though.....and a great warmup to for the australian tour - my alltime favorite.
October 11th, 2005 12:46 PM
jpenn11
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Best ever taylor solo's: Gimme Shelter from Wembley 9/9/1973 (so hauntingly beautifulMathijs

If I recall correctly, that GS seems to owe a bit to the GS played in '69 a few times though the difference in execution seemed like night and day. Did Richards play the '69 GS solos?
October 11th, 2005 04:05 PM
Chris74
quote:
texile wrote:

i have three copies of this boot and each just a little less shitty than the other.....
its a great show though.....and a great warmup to for the australian tour - my alltime favorite.

I love this show too: Taylor played very well also on "It's all over now", "Brown Sugar" or "Live With Me" for example - he plays a bit alternative in comparison to the standard concert solos of that time. Hopefully a soundboard exists. The sound quality so far is a pain.

Chris
October 11th, 2005 05:41 PM
texile
quote:
Chris74 wrote:

I love this show too: Taylor played very well also on "It's all over now", "Brown Sugar" or "Live With Me" for example - he plays a bit alternative in comparison to the standard concert solos of that time. Hopefully a soundboard exists. The sound quality so far is a pain.

Chris

there's this one medlodic flourish at the end of his ycagwyw solo that just trascends ......mortality....
it's so beautiful.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)