ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your favourite live solo of Keith Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 8th, 2005 02:39 PM
Chris74 IMO "Bitch" 1971 in Leeds. He was playing very economic but it sounds rough and rude and perfectly fits to the rythm. I like also his solo in "Under My Thumb" on the 1981 tour - typically Keef this sluggish dirty style - love it.

What do you think?

October 8th, 2005 03:29 PM
Bruno Stone Very hard to choose....

SFTD in the Maracana 95 show came to my mind right now. The middle solo and especially the final one.
October 8th, 2005 06:53 PM
tomk Star Star from July 10, 1975, LA Forum.
You have to have the right boot, though.
The one with the best mix has a punter
from the audience shouting "it's only rock and roll,
but i like it. It's only rock and roll, " right before
the intro. A great performance from KR.
Too bad he doesn't play like that anymore.
Funny, I was at that show, too.
October 8th, 2005 07:00 PM
CraigP I really don't have a favorite as there are so many unique ones to choose from. Chris74 mentioned the solo for Under my Thumb from American Concert 1981 and I must say that that is one of my top favorites. Short but very sweet.
[Edited by CraigP]
October 8th, 2005 08:00 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I would have to go with SFTD from Tokyo '90 ---> kickin' ass and taking names!
October 8th, 2005 08:27 PM
deuce My favorite Keith solo of all time...

'Satisfaction', St. Louis '97. Watching him do it is even cooler
October 8th, 2005 09:14 PM
Steel Wheels SFTD on Flashpoint is brilliant.

October 8th, 2005 09:18 PM
LeedsLungs71 SFTD on Ya Ya's
October 8th, 2005 10:14 PM
CraigP deuce man!!!

The solo to 'Satisfaction', St. Louis in '97. Watching him play it is even cooler. I totally agree. Watching him in those cool shades he was wearing with that leapard skin cloak with those "I'm the man"-style moves with the very cool grey hair was just the ising on the cake on a nicely raw sownding Tele, kick-ass satifaction solo.
Amen on that!
October 8th, 2005 10:16 PM
CraigP Flashpoint has it's good moments also, speaking of live solos.
October 9th, 2005 03:00 AM
Chris74 Somebody mentioned Star Star - yeah that's also one of my killers - love the "Love you Live" version don't know if recorded '75 or '76 - guess from Paris '76 - what a killer!

And I love also the '73 version - more clean and swinging played but also a gift.

Seems that Keith kind of loved to play that song I think.

Chris.
October 9th, 2005 12:57 PM
Nasty Habits Love the one note solo on Midnight Rambler, MSG '72.

But as with all of these questions about ne plus ultra live Stones, my answer is probably Bitch, Perth '73. That solo is so deranged and perfectly planned it's like Mick Taylor's mathematical mind entered into Keith's fingers and soul for a brief moment and everything rock and roll spilled forth.
October 9th, 2005 01:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
I would have to go with SFTD from Tokyo '90 ---> kickin' ass and taking names!

thats my favourite as well (26.2.90)

its the same performance thats on Flashpoint, but the two solos are very heavily edited on the official release. Its still excellent but a bit maddening when you've heard the original
October 9th, 2005 02:01 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Love the one note solo on Midnight Rambler, MSG '72.

But as with all of these questions about ne plus ultra live Stones, my answer is probably Bitch, Perth '73. That solo is so deranged and perfectly planned it's like Mick Taylor's mathematical mind entered into Keith's fingers and soul for a brief moment and everything rock and roll spilled forth.

a very angry solo! and that song captures the greatness of the stones in 72-73
October 9th, 2005 03:58 PM
stonesmik "Sympathy for the Devil" in Johannesburg, South Africa, 1995.

Ahahahahaha!
October 9th, 2005 05:33 PM
Steel Wheels Keef also does a rightous solo on Gimme Shelter circa 1992-3.

October 9th, 2005 06:34 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thats my favourite as well (26.2.90)

its the same performance thats on Flashpoint, but the two solos are very heavily edited on the official release. Its still excellent but a bit maddening when you've heard the original

This is my fav., as well...Let me go from 81-82 a well...
October 9th, 2005 06:52 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
SFTD on Flashpoint is brilliant.

I'll take the lean, mean solo on get yer ya-ya's out any day.
October 9th, 2005 07:59 PM
tumbling dice
SFTD, Live at Max 90
October 9th, 2005 10:11 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Keef also does a rightous solo on Gimme Shelter circa 1992-3.

Totally agreed, the Gimme Shelter's solo from the Eileen single is impressive.
October 10th, 2005 06:26 AM
blackandblue I prefer his riffs to his solos. But the little biting solo on Dangerous Beauty is really gorgeous.
October 10th, 2005 07:33 AM
Mathijs His second solo of Little Queenie from Ya-Ya's. Just one bend, holded for the entire 8 bars. Starfucker from Love You Live, and his out-of-the-blue- Berry solo in Let it Bleed from Hampton 1981.

I personally think that Keith hasn't given a good solo anymore since his Winos days.

Mathijs
October 10th, 2005 07:40 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER Happy (live at the max)
Satisfaction (Johannesbourg 95)
Starfucker (Paris 76)
Bye Bye Johnny (Ladies and gentleman 72)
October 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
Chris74
quote:
LE PAUL JAGGER wrote:
Happy (live at the max)
Satisfaction (Johannesbourg 95)
Starfucker (Paris 76)
Bye Bye Johnny (Ladies and gentleman 72)

The Paris shows on 6th, 7th June 1976 where IMO magic moments of Keef. This man was a wonder: In his most difficult moments he played his best. He was so down because of drugs at that time and it was so terrible with his child but he played as if there wouldn't be another day.
I think in these shows he transformed his emotions very unbiased into playing: pain, anger, depression but will to survive. And he showed - Whatever will happen - nothing can destroy me.
These two shows touched me very much.

October 11th, 2005 08:05 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER he plays for Tara
October 11th, 2005 08:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Under My Thumb - Still Life
October 11th, 2005 08:54 AM
Jumacfly SFTD atlantic city 89: what a masterpiece!!
October 11th, 2005 04:13 PM
Chris74
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Under My Thumb - Still Life

It sounds mean - perfectly fits to the song and its text. I think a lot of guitarists may play the notes of that solo without problems but no one can make it sound like Keef: mean and sluggish. That's the magic of him.

October 11th, 2005 05:11 PM
polytoxic SFTD Atlantic City 89.
October 11th, 2005 05:30 PM
Stray Cat UK Around and Around on LYL

SYMPATHY on Ya-Yas
CAROL on Ya- Yas

IORR on At the Max and many ,many others.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)