ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October-Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 6th, 2005 10:50 PM
parmeda Peer's right...
One look at Keith's face will tell it all
October 6th, 2005 10:51 PM
pdog
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
They will rock the house HARD now...

Look for Keith in particular to rip that place a new one. If it was a threat, he thrives on just such rush.

This band is so fucking cool.

Love 'em.

Just hope all get in and out safely tonight...

They won't take any risks... One Altamont is enough for any band. Safety is the bottom line! Then Rock Hard!!!
October 6th, 2005 10:53 PM
LadyJane Apparently the Band is back doing Miss You...Keith's set has been skipped.

LJ.
October 6th, 2005 10:56 PM
Poplar
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - The Rolling Stones' concert at the
University of Virginia was interrupted Thursday night while several
police officers and three bomb-sniffing dogs searched the stage.
The show resumed after about a half-hour intermission.
University, state and city police did not immediately return phone
calls about the incident, and no announcement was made to the
audience about the reason for the break.
About eight songs into the show, lead singer Mick Jagger
announced that authorities had told them to take a break. The stage
at the university's 61,000-seat Scott Stadium and about the first
20 rows of spectators were cleared until police finished their
work.
The Rolling Stones are touring North America to promote their
latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

AP-NY-10-06-05 2254EDT
October 6th, 2005 10:59 PM
Maxmeister
I think one of Macca's crew called in the threat!

Riffy
[/quote]

LOL! Very strange circumstances indeed. They will surely kick serious ass to finish what will be a very memorable gig.

I can't wait to hear what the story is.

Rick
October 6th, 2005 11:00 PM
pdog No way they could resume with Keiths set, crowd would be pissed...
Will he do his set still?
October 6th, 2005 11:01 PM
monkey_man Glad they came back to play. . .good on 'em! Scary shit!
October 6th, 2005 11:04 PM
LadyJane Just edited the Set List.

I have no idea if it is accurate.

Whew.........

LJ.
October 6th, 2005 11:05 PM
PeerQueer Keith is gathering the storm...

Those folks will be rewarded for their patience. Stones gonna bring it hard.

Keith is in madman mode. "Threaten me? Threaten my mates? Threaten our fans?? Well fuck you then! We are the Rolling Fucking Stones!!!"

I recall an interview he gave to the Australian press a few years back. When asked if he feared Bin Laden, terrorism, etc., he replied something to the effect "Bring it on. Do your best. Vaporize me. I ain't changing for nobody."
Keith is one of the few dudes when I hear something like that I believe it. Reminds me of a guy a few years back who, after we had a disagreement over a girl, (his girlfriend who wanted to go home w/me) told me, "We can go outside and I can kick your ass or you can turn around and get out and leave my girl the fuck alone. It's your call." I called him on it. He kicked my ass - scrappy little Latino bastard!! (lol)

I'd lump Keith in that category. When he says it, he means it.
October 6th, 2005 11:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glad all turned out well and can't wait to hear the whole story. But Damn- I don't want any of the "crazies" of this world messin' around with our Stones Concerts!!
October 6th, 2005 11:10 PM
LadyJane From Shidoobee:

"The concert resumed at 10:40.
Mick said, "Thanks for being so patient, off we go!"
Started up with Miss You.
Doug says no more calls...Mike will post the setlist as read to her by Doug."

LJ.
October 6th, 2005 11:11 PM
parmeda I wouldn't let out a deep breath just so quickly.

Word from my friend says there are feds swarming on that place like flies on shit right now.

It could be routine...but hey, better safe than sorry.

October 6th, 2005 11:15 PM
LadyJane I'm trying to piece together the setlist from different thread on Shidoobee...Sympathy followed by Rambler.

Imagine the tension in the air.

LJ.
Riffhard It's on Drudge Report now. I hope we don't see any of these stupid copycat fuckers trying to get in on the action.

Riffy
PeerQueer May the authorities bring the offenders to Keith and may he smite them upon their mellon heads with the back of his fucking guitar!!!

He's a bit out of practice but I'm sure he could manage.
October 6th, 2005 11:18 PM
PeerQueer Oh - and perhaps no more "The album is a bomb" posts for a bit eh? Just to be on the safe side...
October 6th, 2005 11:30 PM
CraigP It's a bigger bang.
October 6th, 2005 11:48 PM
LadyJane Oh sure...Y'all go to bed and I'm sitting here with Saucer size eyes.....twitching.

LJ.
October 6th, 2005 11:50 PM
time is on my side
OHYEAH
SHIDOOBEE
(10/6/05 10:50 pm)
Reply Re: set list calls, texts & bombscares...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh No Not You Again is followed by Get Offa MY Cloud

Lady Jane,

It seems from the thread over at Shidoobee that GOYC followed ONNYA. This was from the poster who was listening to the show over a cell phone.

October 6th, 2005 11:53 PM
Brainbell Jangler Exactly what I was thinking, riffy. That's why I'd prefer as little publicity for this bomb threat as possible. Copycats live for that sort of attention.
October 6th, 2005 11:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

OHYEAH
SHIDOOBEE
(10/6/05 10:50 pm)
Reply Re: set list calls, texts & bombscares...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh No Not You Again is followed by Get Offa MY Cloud

Lady Jane,

It seems from the thread over at Shidoobee that GOYC followed ONNYA. This was from the poster who was listening to the show over a cell phone.

Thank you so much...I will edit and hopefully we've got the setlist.

The Internet and cell phones have taken this world to a brand new place, no???

LJ.
October 7th, 2005 12:38 AM
corgi37 What an amazing event. Glad they came back out. They got big balls.
October 7th, 2005 01:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, the first thought I had when I saw that they were evacuating the stadium....was that it was a real bad move.

Follow me on this.

It seems to me that it would be a little difficult to plant a bomb large enough to do mass damage in or around the stage area. The security is tighter there than anywhere else.

But it would be real easy to dump a bunch of smaller bombs...pipe bombs and such...into the huge piles of bottles and cans that used to be garbage cans and dumpsters. These are small devices, cheap and easy to make, easy to conceal. Very effective. A simple timer is set to explode the devices 20 minutes after you call in the threat to the stage. As the stadium evacuates past the garbage the devices detonate, sending shards of glass and aluminum cans into the packed masses of humanity. If you are lucky there would only be hundreds of casulties...but it would probably be in the thousands. Not all that many dead...but thousands of injuries from the blasts themselves, and the stampede that would follow.

To ignore the threat of secondary devices was really dumb.

Those people were safest in their seats.

But hey, I was only trained by DHS...what would I know.
October 7th, 2005 01:13 AM
Sir Stonesalot So they didn't evacuate the whole stadium? Just the on stage boxes and the first 20 rows?

That makes much more sense than evacuating the entire stadium. Looks like whomever was in charge made some good decisions.

I was under the impression that the whole stadium was being cleared. That would have been a big mistake. The situation appears to have been handled properly. Kudos to those in charge at Charlottesville.
October 7th, 2005 01:25 AM
pdog SS, I just emailied you... You'r awake, I'm calling...
October 7th, 2005 01:27 AM
tumbled I just got back. It was weird when lights came up during Shattered I don't know Mick said something like nice to see you all looks like you are all turned out well." A pleasure to hear sw. va. again. I was in the 8th row after a rousing Night Time in which night and day and back up vocals were provided by A LOT of us, Mick had us sing without instrumentation night time to see how we did. after all down the line, (can't remember which came first) introductions made thru the horns and to Ronnie Rembrandt Wood and Mick was getting ready to do Charlie and then Keith but went back toward drum set, Ronnie cutting up at the mike and guitar tech brought out lap steel then Mick came back to mike and said, I have been told that due to technical difficulty we will have a 10 minute intermission. band left the stage walked out stage left out of the building, police came on stage with bomb sniffing dog. lights up, crowd very mellow and calm it was hot as hell and humid noone had any oomph everyone very polite and non-complaining they removed the people in the closest sections stage right and us the first 15 rows were told to scooch back. we were not told to leave the building just to get away from the stage. cell phone jammed. well tehy were pretty much jammed for me the entire time really, then almost an hour later at 10:30 we were allowed back to our seats. Anyway, the crowd was very forgiving and polite. Shame we missed KR set. Great show nonetheless.
[Edited by tumbled]
October 7th, 2005 02:25 AM
DAVINO
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh sure...Y'all go to bed and I'm sitting here with Saucer size eyes.....twitching.

LJ.

Are you on Adderall, too?
October 7th, 2005 02:38 AM
DAVINO
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
May the authorities bring the offenders to Keith and may he smite them upon their mellon heads with the back of his fucking guitar!!!

JESUS! HAVE YOU DONE THIS BEFORE?
October 7th, 2005 03:41 AM
Jeep From the Daily Progress :

Rolling Stones show--it was sweet, Virginia
By Jessica Kitchin
Daily Progress staff writer
Friday, October 7, 2005

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CDP/MGArticle/CDP_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031785508482&path=

Even a bomb threat couldn’t stop the explosion of rock ’n’ roll the Rolling Stones brought to Charlottesville on Thursday.

The self-proclaimed world’s greatest rock band electrified the 55,000 fans packed into the University of Virginia’s Scott Stadium late into the night, stopping only to allow bomb-sniffing dogs to take the stage.

A promoter confirmed that a called-in threat caused authorities to evacuate about a third of the floor seats and pause the show until after 10 p.m. The sudden halt in the show’s momentum came during band introductions early in the set.

Lead singer Mick Jagger initially told the crowd there would be a 10-minute intermission because of a “technical problem.” About an hour later, after police brought dogs to sniff through the area surrounding the stage, the show resumed.

“Off we go,” Jagger said, not missing a step as the band powered the crowd back up with “Miss You.” A moving stage carried the group through the crowd to the back of the field.

The show started just before 9 p.m., and Jagger welcomed people from Charlottesville, Virginia Beach, Richmond and, curiously, Midlothian. The band began by belting out “Start Me Up” and “It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll,” two crowd favorites that had grown adults screaming like giddy teenagers.

At an age when most people are gearing up for retirement, the 62-year-old Jagger darted vigorously around the enormous stage. He repeatedly changed costumes throughout the show, swapping a red shirt for a pink shirt and so forth. He took the stage wearing a black jacket adorned with the Stones’ trademark lips.

With the stadium’s broad white columns as a backdrop, Jagger belted out a series of classic hits peppered with a few numbers from the group’s newest album, “A Bigger Bang.” The critically hailed album, released last month, represents a return to the busier, rawer sound of the group’s early years.

Jagger pirouetted, jigged and snaked across the stage, stepping aside at times to focus the spotlight on 61-year-old guitarist Keith Richards, 64-year-old drummer Charlie Watts and 58-year-old guitarist Ron Wood.

“We don’t get to do this very often,” Jagger said as he introduced “Sweet Virginia,” a crowd-pleaser that had him playing the acoustic guitar and the harmonica.

Another high point came when the group tore through Ray Charles’ “Nighttime is the Right Time.” The group also offered up “Get Off of My Cloud” and “Ruby Tuesday,” two more classics from its 42-year career.

The Stones’ wide fan base was on display throughout the concert, and the thousands of faces, illuminated by the massive light display, reflected the group’s ability to get all ages rocking.

Many UVa students were still in diapers when the band was inducted into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, but they screamed out “Shattered!” with as much zeal as those fans wearing Stones’ shirts circa the 1970s.

“I’ve been a Stones fans since the beginning of time,” said Ed Supple, who went to his first concert in the 1960s and drove from Niagara Falls, N.Y., for this one. He was joined by many other fans from out of town; Interstate 64 was backed up for hours near the Charlottesville exit prior to the show.

The evening kicked off with an opening performance by former Phish guitarist Trey Anastasio, playing a Beatles’ cover and his own works to a crowd that filled about 40 percent of the seats.

Scott Stadium last held a major concert in April 2001, when more than 50,000 Dave Matthews Band fans watched the hometown boys in the largest local venue they had ever played.

In the weeks and months leading up to Thursday’s concert, many speculated that Matthews himself would join the Stones on stage. That hadn’t happened by 11 p.m., but those hopes didn’t damper fans’ satisfaction with the evening.

As thrilled as those in attendance were, Jagger repeatedly expressed his appreciation for the thousands of admirers before him. “Thank you,” he said time and again.

Even the Cavaliers will have a hard time topping the energy and enthusiasm that filled Scott Stadium on Thursday.
October 7th, 2005 03:43 AM
Jeep Header of The Cavalier Daily :

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)