ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people! -- post a pic of yourself here! PART III
From the Netherlands: SisterM, Erwan aka Highway Child, and Dick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What do you think will be the next way to listen to the Stones' music? Return to archive
10-09-03 11:59 AM
brookeburkesluvr Vinyl records, radio, then analog tape, then CDs, now MP3s ~ what next? I�m just wondering in the future when someone refers to their �collection� if it will be anything that you will actually be able to see on a shelf. Maybe we�ll have �entertainment chips� embedded in our skulls at birth. As it is, I get almost all of my music online these days, so my collection is a bunch of files somewhere on my hard-drive. It�s so much easier and cheaper that way. Anyone else do most of your music shopping online? If so, what service do you use? Here�s the ones I�ve either used or am thinking about using;
BEST BUY's Digital Music Service ~ www.bestbuy.com/rhapsody
Press Play ~ http://www.pressplay.com/
i-Tunes ~ http://www.apple.com/itunes/ (I would have to get a Mac???)
Buymusic.com ~ http://www.buymusic.com/
10-09-03 12:03 PM
jb I think the whole concept of down-loading music sucks...next to MTV, it is the worse thing to ever happen to the music industry.
[Edited by jb]
10-09-03 12:10 PM
Angiegirl Josh, without MTV, the Dire Straits would still be a basement band struggling for fame. Some credit please.
10-09-03 12:50 PM
sammy davis jr. The music industry is now getting everything it's deserved for ripping people and artists off for decades. Piss on 'em.
10-09-03 04:42 PM
marko i hate downloading,it kills music.However,i do agree that
record companies has robbed us for decades now.
10-09-03 04:50 PM
steel driving hammer Whats next?

They don't have many more albums in the future to be able to go w/ whats next.

I'll always have my Stones CDR's, my CD players and that cord that already comes attatched that you just plug the wall and fire the fucking feed, always.

10-09-03 05:45 PM
Joey

I will just play the FU##ing track ....................................and you ?

Bunny Kins !
10-09-03 05:48 PM
steel driving hammer Hey Nebraska's 5-0 My Brother!

10-09-03 05:56 PM
Joey " Hey Nebraska's 5-0 My Brother! "

Soon to be 6-0 my Baby Steelie .

Got tomorrow off work .........am going to Fleetwood Mac Tonight ( But please do not tell anyone -- you know how the Stevie is ???????????? ) .

Take Care My Brother and " How about our Cubbies ??? "

Jacky Nicks !

10-10-03 12:25 AM
KeepRigid Oh, but Rhapsody is awfully fucking addicting.
10-10-03 12:31 AM
gypsy Stevie likes Puss Puss.
10-10-03 02:16 PM
brookeburkesluvr
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Oh, but Rhapsody is awfully fucking addicting.

Yeah, and it's only 79 cents per track burn. ~ that's a 17-track CD for $13.43 with just the tracks I like, as opposed to spending $15 or $20 bucks for a CD with only two or three good tracks on it. Clearly, I'm not the only one here who has a problem with that. However, you guys who are saying that online downloading is 'killing' music have to remember that we're not talking about free file-sharing here. We're talking about subscription-based digital music services, such as Best Buy's Rhapsody. The artist gets paid, you don't get sued or ripped-off and you only pay for the tracks you want. Everybody's happy. How is that a bad thing?