ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people! -- post a pic of yourself here! PART III
From the Netherlands: SisterM, Erwan aka Highway Child, and Dick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Datsuns & Mad At Gravity (ns) Return to archive
10-08-03 01:13 PM
Factory Girl Just bought cds by these bands. Are they any good? TIA!
10-08-03 03:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man The Datsuns are rubbish. The album is rubbish. FG, i have no doubt you will love it. I really enjoyed it for about a month, then just stoped listening to it. They are just like the Kings Of Leon. They look cool, but thats it.

Thats the thing about the Strokes. They may look like like the cooleset guys on the planet, but they can actually come up with decent tunes! Have you heard their new single yet? I can't remember what its called, but it's brilliant. The song to look out for on their new album is "Meet Me In The Bathroom"

Alex
10-08-03 03:17 PM
Factory Girl Hey, HT Man! Thanks for the input!!

The Strokes are playing 1 hour away from me this weekend, and I'm not going. Damn it...
10-08-03 03:19 PM
Factory Girl Wait a minute, I already heard "Meet Me In the Bathroom". The Strokes have a video for it, yes?
10-08-03 03:25 PM
Honky Tonk Man Your not going? That's madness! I can talk though, failed to get tickets for their upcoming shows in London. It really blows, the one band i still really wanted to see and i fail to get tickets. Im considering just taking a load of cash up there on the day and trying my luck. Only for the Strokes would i do this.

No, there is no video for "Meet Me In The Bathroom" I think it's just one of the tracks on the new album. Its not really new though. They have been playing it live for ages.

Damn, why can't i remember what the new single is called?

Alex
10-08-03 03:45 PM
Factory Girl LOl, Alex! They're playing in Baltimore, MD and They're not sold-out here. Tix are $25. Hey, why don't you visit me for the weekend and we'll go together!!!
10-08-03 05:21 PM
alex_taper New single is called "12:51" and it's not bad at all..
10-08-03 05:56 PM
sammy davis jr. I regrettably bought the Datsun's on what I'd read in reviews.....It doesn't take much to impress record reviewers these days.
10-08-03 06:41 PM
beer the new Strokes single is indeed "12:51" and they made a video for it that is suppose to have something to do with the movie Tron.
10-08-03 06:45 PM
Some Guy i might check them out
10-08-03 06:49 PM
Boomy I heard some snippets of Jet's "Get Born".

I think it came out on Tuesday...I will pick it up this weekend!!! $7.99 at Best Buy!!! (yes, but I'm mostly into indie record stores!!)
10-08-03 07:02 PM
beer one more thing about the Strokes, they will be playing live on Late Night With Conan Obrian every Tuesday in November.
10-09-03 03:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man Don't say that FG, i may just come and suprise you!

Just after i made my posts in this thread "last nite", switched on MTV 2 too watch the NME Chart Show. Strokes are number 1! and Black Rebel are number 2. Now the Black Rebel album is well worth getting. Can't beleive i picked up in San Fran for 7 bucks!

Alex
10-09-03 12:57 PM
Factory Girl Alex, lets go see the Strokes!! It would be a blast!

I got the Datsuns for $1(new!!), so I'll let you know what I think once I had a chance to listen.
10-09-03 02:47 PM
sammy davis jr. If anyone wants to trade, I'll trade the new Datsun's and Jet Cd's for a stones boot or two.
10-10-03 07:58 AM
Factory Girl Ok, listened to th Datsuns. I like'em!! MF From Hell rocks!! Got the dvd from Astoria, London also (3 songs).