ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people! -- post a pic of yourself here! PART III
From the Netherlands: SisterM, Erwan aka Highway Child, and Dick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hall of Fame Header... who's the other guy? Return to archive
10-07-03 08:37 AM
UGot2Rollme playing beside Jimmy Page on far right?... looks like he snuck on stage, or maybe he's one of Paul Schaeffer's cronies..?
10-07-03 09:27 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
playing beside Jimmy Page on far right?... looks like he snuck on stage, or maybe he's one of Paul Schaeffer's cronies..?

Looks like Billy Squire to me.

~ Jer
10-07-03 03:00 PM
UGot2Rollme Billy Squier / guitar God!!
10-07-03 04:10 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Billy Squier / guitar God!!

ha-ha! yeah you right
and what about the EDGE?
Is a r'n'r hero too?
10-07-03 05:51 PM
Highwire Rob Voodoo, I love that Header! I wish it were for sale as one of those working neon posters, similar to the Bogart/Dean/Monroe/Presley Diner. I'd hang it right next to my red neon Stone's Tongue.

Each guitar god's axe lit up -- Beautiful, man!

(O.K. my art tastes ain't exactly classical but I draw the line at the velvet Elvis and garden gnomes )

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.
--Simon & Garfunkel
10-07-03 06:16 PM
beer It's Ywyngwie Malmsteeen.
10-08-03 12:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm not sure that's why I didn't credit him, I have a good article with many pix from the ceremony and I can't identify who the hell is him.

Some funny quotes and anecdotes from that day

Jeff Beck when the Yardbirds were inducted "Somebody told me I should be proud, but I'm not because they kicked me out. So fuck them", btw, Eric didn't attend the ceremony.

Keith Richards speech for Leo Fender (who managed to wear his tuxedo like a night shirt and spit out one-liners like a nightclub comic "I think the stroke of genius, really, was not his inventing the electric guitar but inventing the amplifier to go with it. This is the Hall of Fame. Well, here's the fame. It's been a long-hand"

Rosseane Cash (daughter of the late Johnny) "I just had a psychedelic experience... I just saw my dad play Purple Haze"

The Jam

Carlos Santana started the jam with "I love you much too much" a song Bill Graham had tought him, Bill was indcuted by John Fogerty.

"Green Onions", "Soul Man", "Hold On", "I'm coming", and "Shout" by the inducted masters alternating

Big River then with its author Johnny Cash and Keith Richards sharing leads with The Edge

Later Neil Young took over frontman chores for a great version of Dylan's All Along The Watchtower with everybody jamming including Aaron Neville, Steve Cooper and the Jimi Hendrix Experience base: Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell backing the band up!!!

Then another all start jam of "When Something is wrong with my baby.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-08-03 12:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header!!

Carlos, Neil, The Edge, Keith, and Jimmy
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks Irina

10-08-03 12:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Voodoo, I love that Header! I wish it were for sale as one of those working neon posters, similar to the Bogart/Dean/Monroe/Presley Diner. I'd hang it right next to my red neon Stone's Tongue.

I can send you and e-mail with the full size picture and without the ROCKS OFF watermark to all who want it

Just send me a PM or e-mail, it will be sent tomorrow night when changing headers, now is just the little time I have to see the board
10-08-03 02:36 AM
UGot2Rollme Voodoo, great pics and commentary - please send me the "guitar gods" picture, and if you can chop off that guy on the far right, would appreciate it!

Cheers,
[email protected]
10-08-03 09:07 AM
SirMuddy From Nico....
920115A 15th January: ALL STAR BAND. New York, Waldorf Astoria Hotel, �7th Rock�n Roll Hall Of Fame�-induction, incl. (all unverified):
- KR speech for Leo Fender
- Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)
- All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan)
- Green Onions (Booker T. Jones/Steve Crooper/Al
Jackson/Lewis Steinberg)
- Soul Man (David Porter/Isaac Hayes)
- Hold On! I'm Comin' (David Porter/Isaac Hayes)
- Shout (O� Kelly Isley/Ronald Isley/Rudolph Isley)
- Big River (Johnny Cash)
+ probably more
Musicians: KR (gtr)/Johnny Cash (gtr, voc)/The Edge (gtr)/Jimmy Page (gtr)/Jeff Beck (gtr)/John Fogerty (gtr)/Carlos Santana (gtr)/Neil Young (gtr)/ Aaron Neville (voc) and others

So I guess for Steve Crooper! why not!
10-08-03 10:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, its' not Steve, he was wearing a suit with a "cowboy" tie
10-08-03 10:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Steve is the one to the right of Carlos Santana (left in the photo), on the back of Neil Young and between Aaron and Carlitos

10-08-03 01:37 PM
Tom
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
playing beside Jimmy Page on far right?...

I don't know but what a lucky guy just imagine jamming with those "beginners"
10-08-03 03:03 PM
Helmut Any recording of this event? The band and the set are great
10-08-03 06:55 PM
SirMuddy VoodooChile, You're absolutely right for Steve Crooper, as always... thanks again for all the good reading!
Jean
10-09-03 09:30 PM
Milton Maybe I'm late but I want the photo, please e.mail it to me

GRACIAS
10-10-03 09:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Voodoo, great pics and commentary - please send me the "guitar gods" picture, and if you can chop off that guy on the far right, would appreciate it!

quote:
SirMuddy wrote:
VoodooChile, You're absolutely right for Steve Crooper, as always... thanks again for all the good reading!
Jean

Thanks for your kind comments, I appreciate them as this kind of posts use to take me some minutes to search for the magazine in my huge collection of "Rolling Stone" shich starts from 1967, then scan the images and copy the texts

10-10-03 11:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I already sent the image to those who asked via an e-mail with blind copies

This is a zoom to the mysterious player, probably it can help, I don't think is neither Billy Squier nor Yngwie Malmsteeen