ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people! -- post a pic of yourself here! PART III
From the Netherlands: SisterM, Erwan aka Highway Child, and Dick
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beers for lunch Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-06-03 02:56 PM
nankerphelge I am happy to report that I kicked the keg of Newcastles today and had to swicth to bottles!!

They are good too!

What's that?? Oh sure

www.newcastlebrown.com

Developing....
[Edited by nankerphelge]
10-06-03 03:18 PM
marko It is perfect beer!Famous soccer beer from Newcastle.
Love that taste,specially very COLD.No mexican restaurant?
10-06-03 03:23 PM
nankerphelge No mexican today YCB -- had a jones for Newcastles!!

I may go back for more!!!

In the meantime:

Backfire ignites dog, dog ignites grass
CULDESAC, Idaho (AP) � This dog was having a bad fur day. The dog, whose coat caught fire when the owner's vehicle backfired, ignited a grass fire just off U.S. Highway 95.
Firefighters doused the grass fire and reported the dog was unhurt, only smelling of burnt hair.

"I have been in firefighting for many years, but I have never seen anything like this happen," Culdesac Fire Chief Gary Gilliam said.

It happened Saturday when a motorist who ran out of fuel put gas in the tank and then primed the carburetor. On restarting, the van backfired, throwing sparks into the cab and igniting the dog's fur.

A passenger let the dog out, and it rolled in dry grass, putting out the flames on its coat but setting the grass afire.

10-06-03 03:28 PM
marko You never tasted London Pride? or,master brew bitter?
perfect beers.Or ask Murphys Stout,its more like guinness.
10-06-03 03:41 PM
Joey

I just love that NewCastle Web site Nanky !

You got me Drooling ................................

Developing ...........like a Rose !

JACKY !
10-06-03 04:16 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hmmm, too bad that beer is not allowed at my place of work.
10-06-03 04:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Hmmm, too bad that beer is not allowed at my place of work.

Where there is a will, there is a way, SSCatie.

What kind of world do we live in when a man can't grab a couple brews at work?

What next? Electing Nazis to places of high office?
10-06-03 04:28 PM
Joey " What next? Electing Nazis to places of high office? "

Done !!!!!!!!!!

10-06-03 04:35 PM
sirmoonie Joey, you should have seen me this weekend. Swimming in hootch. Swimming in it. I woke up Sunday afternoon with my socks on inside out and backwards.
10-06-03 04:37 PM
nankerphelge "What kind of world do we live in when a man can't grab a couple brews at work?"

Damn straight my C10, knockin'-em-back brother!!

You thinkin' about stopping by Lugar's place for a couple?? I've kinda got a hankerin' for some male bondage...ah, bonding!
10-06-03 04:42 PM
Joey " Joey, you should have seen me this weekend. Swimming in hootch. Swimming in it. I woke up Sunday afternoon with my socks on inside out and backwards. "

God I love that story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so beautiful , I think I am gonna start crying tears of Happiness ...............................

......I don't know WHY I am so Happy now .

" Swimming in Booze is what life is all about Ronnie "

Jackyfly !

10-06-03 05:15 PM
Honky Tonk Man I had beer for lunch too. Had a team meeting then went to see David Blane. I couldn't beleive how close to him you can get. No wonder the piss-heads attempt to cut his wires! The security seems really relaxed, he is not even very high up. He managed a wave or too, but he seems so weak.

I don't drink Newcastle Brown ale or anything like London Pride. Always viewed that as more of an old mans drink.

Alex
10-06-03 05:18 PM
nankerphelge Old man's drink!!!!

Watch your step boy, I'll fuck you up royal!!!

10-06-03 05:19 PM
Joey " Old man's drink!!!!

Watch your step boy, I'll fuck you up royal!!! "

You make Joey laugh like Hell !

10-06-03 05:36 PM
steel driving hammer I had a little Ham right off the Bone.

10-06-03 06:38 PM
Zeeta
quote:
marko wrote:
You never tasted London Pride? or,master brew bitter?
perfect beers.Or ask Murphys Stout,its more like guinness.

yeah mate London Pride rocks but not as nice as Nettle Thrasher!! Found it in this pub in Leeds - Nettle Thrasher! Good independant brewery not fucking Interbrew which owns everything! Also Timothy Taylor - Landlord is a mighty tasty brew!

Do you lot drink Newcastles from a half pint glasses like one is supposed to?!

10-06-03 08:43 PM
Factory Girl I've had 5 vodkas for dinner. Who can top that???
10-06-03 09:41 PM
gypsy Damn straight, nanky! You tell that little whippersnapper.

Beautiful story, moonie.
*a single tear*

I've noticed that when I drink my Diet Green Tea out of a sports water bottle, it does have a similar color to beer. No one has ever said anything...so, I suppose I could drink beer at work, and nobody would notice.
10-06-03 11:38 PM
Some Guy What bar has New Castles on tap?
10-07-03 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Calm down Nanker! I never said that Newcastle Brown Ale was an ld mans drink. I said London Pride was an old mans drink!

Down in the South East of England, the majority are larger drinkers, like me. Up North it's different. The only people down here who drink bitters or real ale are OAP'S!

Alex
10-07-03 09:59 AM
nankerphelge I'm better now Alex.

You had me so worked up I jumped out of my chair and forgot my walker. I was so fatigued without it, I threw my back out. So damn sore this morning I couldn't get my Depends undergarments on without help. Gonna have to skip suffleboard today down at the park. I'm just gonna do some lite gardening around the home today before my afternoon nap!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
10-07-03 10:44 AM
telecaster Did anyone wish jb happy Yom Kippur?
10-07-03 11:27 AM
Joey " I'm just gonna do some lite gardening around the home today before my afternoon nap! "

Actually , that sounds pretty good !

JACKY !

10-07-03 11:29 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You thinkin' about stopping by Lugar's place for a couple?? I've kinda got a hankerin' for some male bondage...ah, bonding!

MUST GO TO LUUUUUUUGAR'S.....

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGAR.........
10-07-03 11:52 AM
Joey

Happy Birthday this Saturday Josh !

Jacky !
10-07-03 11:57 AM
gypsy It's okay, nanky. I'll help you button up your one-piece Dickies coverall...and we'll go to Shoney's for lunch. What's that? Oh, okay, Applebee's it is then. Huh? Yes, I know how their salisbury steak has gristle, and causes you to 'take diarrhea.' (<---something my grandma has acutally said.) She also takes photos of me inside old people restaurants such as Shoney's, Witmor Farms, et al.
I'm pretty sure that by posing for said photos, I have beat out my cousins for the inheritance.
10-07-03 12:06 PM
sirmoonie As I got up off the kitchen floor this morning and staggered to the refrigerator for something to kill the shakes, I thought to myself "Man, sure would be nice if I could at least remember what the hell it is that I'm trying to sleep off."

You just KNOW its not going to be a productive day when it starts like that.
10-07-03 12:06 PM
nankerphelge Early bird at Shoney's is a slice of heaven on Earth!!!
10-07-03 12:08 PM
Joey " As I got up off the kitchen floor this morning and staggered to the refrigerator for something to kill the shakes, I thought to myself "Man, sure would be nice if I could at least remember what the hell it is that I'm trying to sleep off."

Sure Beats waking up in a puddle of your own sick every morning .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. the Y !

10-07-03 12:10 PM
sirmoonie There is no dignity in that Joseph. No dignity at all.
Page: 1 2 3