ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Im the poor bugger who sold the german cd's for sacd Return to archive
10-12-02 06:28 AM
masoudi I was the poor bugger who battled with the dilema of selling of the german decca cd's for the new sacd's. I listened to beggars and LIB digipacks first and I swear I could pick up small sounds I hadnt heard before and the packaging was much better than the German london cd's which only had a booklet. Some have said it is minimal, but that was enough for me and I still havent heard them on SACD. Im saving that moment.

I would have prefered to have both but you know the old line from the song You cant...

Im interested that alot of posters have a real thing for the german deccas as I cant understand why people would choose these over the new ones. The difference may be marginal according to some ( I think much more than that)but Im interested to hear how something from 1986, with a poor booklet can compare to 2002 remastering with digipacks and the original look.

One positive here in New Zealand is that we can still pick up the german deccas quite easily at our second hand stores. I look forward to hearing opinions on this one, be gentle with me as the choice to sell wasn't an easy one but at this stage Im still confident the choice was right given the fact I had to choose one over the other. Believe me that was the only reason!!!
10-12-02 06:57 AM
gypsymofo60 Hey Masoudi! If you think the sound is even minimaly better on those SACDs that's great! I'm glad for you that you didn't lose out. I'm not completely dissing the new medium, I mean I haven't even been able to hear it as yet. I'm just always wary, as I said in the previous thread. What we were saying concerning The German Deccas, is that considering they are now so old, they were excellent for their time. God! You should hear my Australian pressing of 'Sticky Fingers', the dogs'bollocks! For those who are still single, and have money to burn on such new technology, well I was there once myself, but a wife, a child, and another in 3 weeks time, later, NO WAY JOSE! I'll be pulling the pension by the time I got 'round to up-dating to SACD completely. No this is where technology and I take one another slowly. Good luck with SACD!