ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is the song State of Shock any good?? Return to archive
10-10-02 07:58 PM
fna69 My girlfriend says its good. And i would download it but i got a virus and cant download shit. So just wondering if its a good tune or not. I know its a duet with Jagger and Jackson, and for some reason i really dont see those 2 singing good together, but who knows i could be wrong, and prolly am.
chris
10-10-02 10:26 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fna69 wrote:
My girlfriend says its good. And i would download it but i got a virus and cant download shit. So just wondering if its a good tune or not. I know its a duet with Jagger and Jackson, and for some reason i really dont see those 2 singing good together, but who knows i could be wrong, and prolly am.
chris

Micheal Jackson was quoted as saying something along the lines of, he didn't know what all the fuss about Jagger was after recording the song in '84. Said something along the lines of, Jagger can't really sing, which I thought was a bit rich coming from someone constantly in the process of metamorphosing from a human being, into a mannequin. Still, having said that, I think it's a good song. I can still remember when I first heard it, the week of it's Australian release. It got alot of airplay here on the strength of Jacksons unprecedented popularity at that time. I think it's more a Stones sound, than a Jackson's sound, which is why I like it. I'm always looking out to hear the 12" version, I've never heard it.
10-10-02 10:54 PM
no_cole_porter I think the original version is just a bit much for me. The version Mick did with Tina Turner at Live Aid was killer. She can really shriek...LOL
10-11-02 09:22 AM
F505 i think it's garbage... middle of the road-michael jackson-trash
10-11-02 09:36 AM
gypsy It's weak...And, Michael even had the nerve to complain about Mick's voice being 'flat.' Bet Michael wishes he had Mick's keen business sense about now. Freakin' weirdo!
10-11-02 09:40 AM
David pure shit. an embarrassment.
10-11-02 09:52 AM
Factory Girl I like the song, despite Michael Jackson. It is a nice pop ditty. Michael Jackson is a freak, yikes.
10-11-02 09:55 AM
full moon Fuck that child molesting piece of garbage..
10-11-02 10:30 AM
riffhard64 right on full moon...fuck that pedophile wacko!he should be in prison
10-11-02 11:41 AM
sirmoonie Strange what happened to Michael Jackson, because when he was a kid, he was one rocking little fucker! Every seen the vid for ABC, goddam that little dude is cool.

Now, of course, he is a detestable scumbag freak. Yikes is right!
10-11-02 12:15 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Strange what happened to Michael Jackson, because when he was a kid, he was one rocking little fucker!

he sure was sirmoonie, "abc" and "i want you back" are absolutley funkalicious

and what did happen?? ... that diana ross fixation didn't seem to help and from what i've read it sounds like his old man had a lot to answer for

10-11-02 12:22 PM
egon it's not bad, but very 80s sound.

gypsymofo; 12inch - check kazaa, it's floating around there

cheers.
10-11-02 12:26 PM
padre It sucks ass.