ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Username Pictures? Return to archive
10-10-02 07:17 PM
Street Fighting Man Quick question - how would I load a picture next to my username to appear with each post?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
10-10-02 08:00 PM
Highwire Rob Street Fighting Man, thanks for posting this question. I was just looking for an appropriate spot to try out my first avatar (picture). So if what we see to the left doesn't come out I guess I'm not a good person to advise on this graphic question. However, the first thing I know I did right was to get a free account on a free web hosting service (unless you already have file space on the web). I found totally free: http://freewebsites.com/

Veterans on this board may have some other suggested sites as well. I followed the prompts to get my username and password. Also I succesfully uploaded a concert picture from the No Security days from my C:/ drive. I then selected my account profile on the RS board we're on now and entered the complete path name for my image on the freewebsites.com site. Keep in mind that all web paths must have no spaces between characters. My concern is that my photo may be too complex (pixels) or need to be reduced with an editor. Well, let's see how it goes. . .
10-11-02 12:07 AM
CHIEFMOON For SFM and Highwire

An avatar is a small image which will be included with each post you make. You will need to
upload your image to a location, and enter the location in the text box, like
http://www.host.com/mysite/image.gif
Maximum resolution of the image is 100x100 pixels.

Highwire, the image you are using is 1197 x 1709 pixels
Here is the image resized

10-11-02 12:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Chief!

Yes, the picture will always look 100x100 pixels regardless of the actual size, so please do not use big pix as avatars as this only makes the reading of the board slower.

If you don't have a website to locate a picture, or if you don't know how to resize a picture just e-mail me your avatar and I will resize it and/or upload it. I will e-mail you the location of the avatar. Then you will be ready to update your profile.

This is the location of the avatar Chiefmoon made with your original, he not just reduced the size but centered

http://www.chief-moons-gallery.com/krns.jpg

This is how it looks

This is the image your are using... and see you avatar, that's the way it looks regardless of the big size

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-11-02 12:47 AM
Highwire Rob Wow! Thanks guys for all the help! (I'm keeping a transcript for future help ref.) The image looks great! and I appreciate you centering it for me.
10-11-02 11:11 AM
Mikey Testing my avatar based on your suggestions on how to do it.

Mikey
10-11-02 12:06 PM
Street Fighting Man Hello "Voodoo Chile In Wonderland,"

I don't have a website, but would like to send you a picture to post next to my username. What email address should I use to send you the avatar picture file?

Thanks!

P.s., Hirewire Rob + CHIEFMOON - many thanks as well!
10-11-02 07:55 PM
mandrack ,.