ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40 Licks Inlay Card Disgraceful Return to archive
10-10-02 03:02 AM
The Wick The new inlay card for 40 Licks is pathetic. I know it is only an inlay card, but they could have at least put some comments about each song like Jump Back. I know they have posted that on the website, but it would have been nice to have had something extra after paying $33. We have basically seen all the pictures, and the essay by Wild sounds like some 17 year old trying to put together a school paper. It was a cheap effort and they should have put some more effort in for the fans.

About the new songs (I know everyone has talked about them): Don't Stop would have been a classic if it had not been so slickly produced and without those subtle synthesizers in the background; it is still a superb song though. Keys is just a jewel. If it had been released on Black and Blue, Some Girls, Tattoo You, or Emotional Rescue everyone would love it-if they don't already. Stealing My Heart has those wonderful Keith Richards harmonies but of all this is far too overproduced and should have only been recorded with the drums, two guitars, the bass, and Jagger. It is the Stones taking a great song, and turning it into somethiing average- by their standards- yet it could have been fantastic. Losing My Touch is refreshing for its simplicity, but some of the lyrics are dodgy "...little cab fare." Keith Richards wrote Ruby Tuesday so we all know what he is capable of, but it is still wonderful to listen to. Whatever my or other peoples' opinions are, these songs are still better than anything that has come out since Bridges to Babylon since the Stones are better than anyone and any song they do is the best thing on the market.