ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones should be worried about their American fans Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-09-02 04:38 PM
cocksucker i read an alarming article in the papers: the big problem for the stones has nothing to do with their age. It's the state of their American fans they should be worrying about. Years of soft living has exacted a heavy toll. Nothing shifts them; they hunch over their plastic pots of beer. Perhaps they are in shock of seeing themselves en masse en being reminded of what they had once been and what they have become. Conclusion: the stones don't deserve this kind of audience!
Let the boys come to Europe! Here the fans are still enthusiastic. So roll over!
10-09-02 04:41 PM
sirmoonie I would like to piss in your sauna.
10-09-02 04:49 PM
Scottfree Uhh, ok...
10-09-02 04:50 PM
Mr T ah - so the screenname "cocksucker" isn't just a clever spur the moment thought you came up with....

your full of shit - I'm an American - I'm a bigger Stones fan than anyone you've ever seen
Scottfree Check that.. Uh..ok bloke!!
Moonisup hm well difficult to talk about, MSG is as crazy as in Holland, but Oslo is as dull as well Tampa? The only problem I have with us stonesconcerts is the chairs,
Well it's a cultural difference, in Japan, they just clap

the fucking point is, everybody has a great time at stonesconcerts!!

10-09-02 05:22 PM
Hand O Fate Your name says it all Cocksucker, nobody gives a fuck what you think, so you can take your opinions and stick them up your ass.
10-09-02 05:44 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah, I'm sure after the millions of dollars American fans are putting in the Stones' pockets, that dwarfs the rest of the world combined, the Stones are "worried" about their American fans.

Do yourself a favor you wooden shoe wearing mo', get your "reports" from some other source than Playgirl and for god's sake man, take a friggin' shower!
10-09-02 05:48 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Do yourself a favor you wooden shoe wearing mo', get your "reports" from some other source than Playgirl and for god's sake man, take a friggin' shower!

what's the problem! I deffened you here, and you are picking at me? that is strange. look at what some others said about you in your absence, an apology would be better

THE wooden shoe
10-09-02 05:57 PM
Mother baby
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
... Years of soft living has exacted a heavy toll...

On who? The Stones or the fans?

(thread is an absolutely ridiculous premise...yawn)

[Edited by Mother baby]
10-09-02 06:28 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
i read an alarming article in the papers: the big problem for the stones has nothing to do with their age. It's the state of their American fans they should be worrying about. Years of soft living has exacted a heavy toll. Nothing shifts them; they hunch over their plastic pots of beer. Perhaps they are in shock of seeing themselves en masse en being reminded of what they had once been and what they have become. Conclusion: the stones don't deserve this kind of audience!
Let the boys come to Europe! Here the fans are still enthusiastic. So roll over!

What the fuck are you doing?

That's pathetic man........pathetic. You should just shut it if nothing good is going to come out of your mouth.
10-09-02 06:33 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:

What the fuck are you doing?

That's pathetic man........pathetic. You should just shut it if nothing good is going to come out of your mouth.

he bashed me in a thread about someones tragic death, hey I can take that, but it stays sad!

rik

The orpheum show kicks ass!! I am listening to it now,
wow Brand new car
10-09-02 08:58 PM
Fiji Joe Moonisup...that comment was directed toward Cocksucker...I forgot about your whole wooden shoe thing.

By the way, people been talking smack behind my back? Your defense, whatever it was, is appreciated.

10-10-02 04:43 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Moonisup...that comment was directed toward Cocksucker...I forgot about your whole wooden shoe thing.

By the way, people been talking smack behind my back? Your defense, whatever it was, is appreciated.

hey, no thanks, it CS who talking bad!
10-10-02 04:47 AM
cocksucker i know almost all europeans agree with the article I mentioned but they've no guts to defend me...visiting a Stones concert in the States is as thrilling as going to The sound of music -and that has nothing to do with Mick and his boys! Chairs in a stadium - you must be fucking mad to put chairs on the pitch!!!! Moonisup, although he is the parrot of jb, is certainly right bout that....
10-10-02 04:59 AM
cocksucker quote moonisup:
what's the problem! I deffened you here, and you are picking at me? that is strange. look at what some others said about you in your absence, an apology would be better

(conversation between jb and moonisup) quote:
jb: I think (fiji joe) is having breast surgery
moonisup: haahhhahahahaha he has a big belly indeed

so fiji joe I'm NOT the person who insulted you....
10-10-02 05:52 AM
Moonisup "jb i understood that thanks to you fiji joe is in the hospital right now"

why do you offend people so often, can't we make a nice board of this??????
Well I am studid, I've lost a link to downloads from 5 concerts!! You can attack me on that

[Edited by Moonisup]
10-10-02 05:55 AM
cocksucker Have you ever asked jb why he offends people so often?
10-10-02 05:56 AM
Moonisup
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
i know almost all europeans agree with the article I mentioned but they've no guts to defend me...visiting a Stones concert in the States is as thrilling as going to The sound of music -and that has nothing to do with Mick and his boys! Chairs in a stadium - you must be fucking mad to put chairs on the pitch!!!! Moonisup, although he is the parrot of jb, is certainly right bout that....

well is that a compliment? Look I have never been to an US show, but the chairs, hmmmmm not my kind of stuff. Please explain how you can dance at a show, at least I give it a try,
10-10-02 06:07 AM
cocksucker Well if you dance on a plastic chair you end up in the hospital with two broken legs or if you are less lucky with a broken neck. I've been in Giants Stadium so I know where I'm talking about.... I've seen them fall
10-10-02 06:22 AM
Moonisup hmmm not good, a broken neck, hmmmmmm not good, 2 broken legs, hmmmmmm not good chairs at the ultimate Rock 'n' roll party,
How was Giants? Cool? I hope I can make it to most of the Dutch concerts, and hopefully paradiso!!

the parrot
10-10-02 08:34 AM
stonesmik However, the American Stonesfans have proved they are sick enough to pay $350 a seat while a real Stones concert can only be enjoyed to the full standing and dancing. If you can't get your ass up, stay at home. Hey, even most of the Stones won't sit down during their concerts, so how are we to sit? It's their majesty, you gotta stand up during their hymns.

I hope here in Europe the fans will just tear down the gates and break thru like they have done in the early times, would be cool. No pay. General admission. Free concert, hehe. Last time I heard about a breakthru on a Stones concert was in South America. Too mayn fans both in America and Europe have become lazy fatsos to which it is more important to get some beer or take a piss break than seeing the Rolling Stones. They should be whipped hard by Olga the brutal gym instructor. After she done that to the Stones which are asking way too much per ticket.
10-10-02 09:06 AM
cocksucker hahahahaha Stonesmik !
10-10-02 09:07 AM
Moonisup olga, mmmmm she turns me on, ahaha

Olga with the mustage?
10-10-02 10:05 AM
jb In all sincerity, American audiences, atleast at shows I have been to, are not able to sustain the excitement after the initial rush of the band coming on stage. I definitely think it has to do more with age than witha difference b/t American and European audiences..The average age has got to be around 40-45 yrs old . I do think, however, that american audiences , who do pay substantially more for tickets, do expect a certain level of comfort at the show...I think we all remember when their was general admission and we stood cramped next to each other for an entire show...The fact that the audience is so "civil" now makes the concert experience a bit less exciting , but you also do not have the peripheral bullshit that use to happen at most shows(fights, drunks, etc).
10-10-02 10:23 AM
Moonisup The worst fans all are the celebs and vips who don't give a damn about the stones and get invited by recordcompanies and just can say, hmmmmm the stones, oh I thought it was roseland, hm it was ok!

that is bad!!

rik
10-10-02 10:27 AM
jb Good evening(?) rik...got your e-mail....I am sending you something next week....I think I misplaced your address ...I will let you know. Did you see how emotional people became over the Lennon post...I told you! That's why I kept my mouth shut..nothing enrages people more than dead Lennon humour....Apparently, a large segment of the population felt connected to Lennon and feel a deep inner loss. I just felt that Chapman has spent 22 yrs in jail, has been very well behaved, and that lennon himself, a peace loving guy, would forgive him and wish him to be set free.
10-10-02 10:30 AM
Moonisup I do to! I'll mail you my home adress again, today, ore tomorrow ok!! Well John was not my friend, sad that he was killed, but I just don't miss him!
10-10-02 11:18 AM
cocksucker quote jb:
In all sincerity, American audiences, atleast at shows I have been to, are not able to sustain the excitement after the initial rush of the band coming on stage. I definitely think it has to do more with age than witha difference b/t American and European audiences..The average age has got to be around 40-45 yrs old . I do think, however, that american audiences , who do pay substantially more for tickets, do expect a certain level of comfort at the show...I think we all remember when their was general admission and we stood cramped next to each other for an entire show...The fact that the audience is so "civil" now makes the concert experience a bit less exciting , but you also do not have the peripheral bullshit that use to happen at most shows(fights, drunks, etc).

Very well spoken! I invite you to a show in Europe!
sincerely,
cocksucker
10-10-02 11:20 AM
jb Thank you Cock!
Page: 1 2