ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bbc radio 5, stones interview, Return to archive
10-09-02 02:06 PM
oska i caught the tale end of an announcement on bbc radio today, it seems the stones have recorded a new interview to be played tomorow evening on bbc radio 5. did anyone catch what time the programe is to be aired ? does anyone have info on the stones uk leg of tour, particuly any of the mentioned small theatre gigs ? any information is most welcome. thanks, oska.
10-09-02 03:29 PM
riccardo I would like to knowe about that too.But it's unlikely to be on BBC5 Live,which is mostly a live sport radio.I checked BBC6 and on Thrursday during Andrew Collins show(16.00-19.00 UK time)there is supposed to be a section called That'll be the day when they will explore 30 May 1972 when the Stones abandoned England for South of France.
About club shows I think it will be the Marquee.Reasons why? First of all the original marquee has been bought by Dave Stewart(Eurythmics and Jagger's friend)who has live bands on and is trying to re-sell the club past as well.Then after all the Stones started at the Marquee.
Just my guess.
10-09-02 04:06 PM
WahWahWoody But don't you think the Marquee is much too small for the Stones - even if it is supposed to be a "small" gig? I think they'll do Brixton Academy or Shepherd's Bush again...
10-10-02 01:26 AM
riccardo Not smaller than Double Door or Palais Royale!
10-10-02 12:16 PM
oska it was definatley bbc radio 5 live. this station is no longer predominatley sport [except weekends] , its weekday content is more current affairs, and newsworthy stories and features. so i'll be listning tonight ! just as an aside, i have just been informed that i have been allocated some tickets to the studio recording of one episode of 'later, with jools holland' for this autum, cant wait !
10-10-02 01:13 PM
BillyBoll Just Found this on the Radio 5 Website:The Rolling Stones... Growing Old Disgracefully
Sunday 13 October, 12.30pm

In their only radio interview this year, the band talk candidly about music, their relationships with one another, who punched who last, and of course the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll that make the Stones the most amazing band in the history of the world.

Listen to four preview clips before the programme is broadcast:

Keith Richards talks about his party animal past. Listen

Ronnie Wood says his music has got better since he quit drink and drugs. Listen

Mick Jagger tells Phil Williams about his brushes with the law over drugs. Listen

Charlie Watts compares the Stones with The Beatles. Listen

Hear the full interview on Radio Five Live at 12.30pm on Sunday, and here after the programme is broadcast.

Also UNCUT Magazine this month has an article on the sixties Stones and next month an interview with Keith and a cover CD with 24 R&B, soul and coutry classics picked by him.

10-10-02 01:26 PM
Moonisup could you provide us the link!
10-10-02 01:50 PM
BillyBoll Sorry, should have thought of that......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/documentaries/stones.shtml

10-10-02 01:50 PM
egon more important, can we listen to bbc 5 on the net?
10-10-02 01:53 PM
Moonisup ok thanks!!

rik
10-10-02 01:55 PM
egon and the answer is no!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

no online broadcast on sunday....
10-10-02 02:00 PM
egon my pc tell me to chose a programm to open the files.

any idea which one it is?
10-10-02 02:13 PM
BillyBoll Realplayer seems to do it, but they are only 30 second clips.
10-10-02 02:15 PM
Moonisup yes realplayer works fine, yeah only 30 secs
10-11-02 02:24 AM
riccardo Also on Saturday on BBC 2(TV) at 9.15 UK time there is a one hour special called Fame,Set and Match on the RS Women followed by TOTP2,half an hour devoted to the RS!