ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-10-02 03:25 PM
Moonisup well then should everyone who murdered someone else in rage and with mentally ilness get killed, at the chair

you'll save taxes, that's for sure
10-10-02 03:27 PM
jb Moon...the new wave of patriotism sometimes overrides civil liberties. Chapman should be rewarded for his time served and released to live a productive life. We can learn from him what triggers the type of behavior that caused him to committ such a terrible act.
10-10-02 03:33 PM
Moonisup well I think the problem goes deeper then this, but this is not the board to discuss it!

ok a glimmer:

no drinking under 21, but guns allowed
10-10-02 03:37 PM
sirmoonie In these most woefulistic times of sorrowness, I often turn to the words of my demi-god Hailie "Eck Master" Selassie (as told to Robert X. Marley). I would like to share them with you, if I may:

Old pirates yes they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Minutes after they took I from the
Bottom less pit
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the almighty
We forward in this generation triumphantly
All I ever had is songs of freedom
Won't you help to sing these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had redemption songs, redemption songs

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had, redemption songs, redemption songs, redemption songs
10-10-02 03:40 PM
Moonisup poetry in motion
10-10-02 03:40 PM
jb Moon..I feel sorry for Chapman..the man has served 22 years and was clinically insane when he killed Lennon. We have put so many mental patients in prison rather than help them. Lennon would be disgusted by the treatment of mark David Chapman!
[Edited by jb]
10-10-02 03:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Moon..I feel sorry for Chapman..the man has served 22 years and was clinically insane when he killed Lennon. We have put so many mental patients in prison rather than help them. Lennon would be disgusted by the treatment of mark David Chapman!
[Edited by jb]

indeed, although Saint moonie has a point in an earlier post!! He could kill keith!

rik
10-10-02 03:53 PM
jb I saw a documentry on Chapman and he is very remorseful for his mistake...the man deserves his freedom without delay. Don't worry about Keith..he is as they say "too tough to die".
10-10-02 03:57 PM
Moonisup Yeah that could be, hope he takes another one if Chapman get released!!

jb knows what I mean

rik

the wooden shoe and my aunt does dirty things with tulips
10-10-02 04:04 PM
Joey " I saw a documentry on Chapman and he is very remorseful for his mistake...the man deserves his freedom without delay. "

The man deserves letal injection on live Television .

.....only a matter of time
10-10-02 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, no freedom for Chapman. Where the system fucked up was by putting him in a correctional facility. He should have been put in an institution for the criminaly insane until his death. If prison was the answer he should have been put in the general population. Just like Dahmer.

Prison is too nice for that piece of shit.
10-10-02 04:46 PM
Martha
Thanks for summing it up SS..

I couldn't agree with you more.
10-10-02 04:50 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Prison is too nice for that piece of shit.

could I ask you 1 thing!

do you hate him for killing a person ore for killing John
would you think the same way if he'd killed a stray?

just curious, no offence
10-10-02 05:15 PM
Joey " think the same way if he'd killed a stray? "

A STRAY !!!! I like that ............we are all strays now .

Arf !!!!!!!

Arf !!!!!!!

Think I'll " Dog " somebody .
10-10-02 05:21 PM
Moonisup indeed we are all strays, rolling stones in a way, we all have 1 thing in common!!

NUZZLE
10-10-02 06:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
indeed we are all strays, rolling stones in a way, we all have 1 thing in common!!

With no direction home!

Just like a Rolling Stone!

I think this crime, MUppie, is special because this guy killed Lennon to gain noteriety. He was an LSD freakout who had some sort of 'divine vision' of kissing Yoko Ono which he interpreted as "Kill John Lennon and take his place." If it was some random joe off the street or even someone he held a grudge with at work or something it wouldn't be as bad as obsessing over killing a celebrity *because he was a celebrity* and going out and unloading a round into the guy with his wife watching.

I mean, alright, I don't like Yoko Ono's music, at all. I don't like the stringent way she handles Lennon's estate. But she must relive having her husband shot while she stood next to him every friggin' night. I feel really bad for her. I don't agree with a lot of what she does without him, and I think there's a lot more to their relationship then what's been released, but the poor lady! Having him just shot right there next to him!

Just sick. And no, I don't think Chapman's legally insane. I think he's damaged by drugs, unlike the guy who tried to kill George Harrison, who was just a nutcase.

And he's been released...

Anyone heard that Paul McCartney bootleg "Ono, Ono, Bag Her Away"? I didn't think Paul McCartney could be that cruel... holy shit, he just rips on her.

-tSYX --- Gotta slam the door!
10-10-02 06:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't care who he did in. The guy is a diseased killer and has no business being released back into society....ever.

What this guy did was premeditated...in other words, it was planned. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing. It was cold blooded murder, thought out in advance of the act.

You people who think he should be released....I hope he moves into YOUR neighborhood. I bet you'd whistle a different tune then. I'd love to see the look on your face when that human turd shows up on YOUR doorstep late at night to borrow a cup of sugar.

No. This is a case where I don't think rehabilitation is an issue.

He ain't getting out alive. Ever.
10-10-02 10:16 PM
gypsymofo60 Here's my idea for the COMPLETE rehabilitation of Mark David Chapman, and others of his ilk. The combined states of The U.S.A, and any other country for that matter, pay me to reside in their territories for a short period of time, and I will arrive with my cache of chemical goodies, and proceed directly to the appropriate correctional facilities. From whence I shall cordialy introduce myself as Mr. Nemesis, and proceed to rid the good folk of your country of the dregs of society. Quick, clean, and uncomplicated. From there your government can then proceed to spend that wasted money on the truly worth while production of; Minuteman, and Trident missiles designed to save decent boys going off to eliminate other such filth from this planet, which would be greatly improved by their sudden demise.......In the great words of Mr. Sonny Barger;"I aint no peace creep!"
10-10-02 11:05 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Have you ever heard of the concept of rehabilitation?

Yes. Ever hear of Jack Henry Abbott?
10-10-02 11:13 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Moon..I feel sorry for Chapman..the man has served 22 years and was clinically insane when he killed Lennon. We have put so many mental patients in prison rather than help them. Lennon would be disgusted by the treatment of mark David Chapman!
[Edited by jb]

I love to hear Yoko's take on that statment. Not her singing take on it though.
[Edited by JaggaRichards]
10-11-02 01:33 AM
gypsymofo60 Sir Stonesalot touches on a very poignant issue back there. Would people be so quick to have Chapstick released and others of his ilk if he was to be relocating to their neighbourhoods? I doubt it! Having had some experience with people who were incarcerated for similar acts of atrocity, (and I'm speaking outta school on this one), the truth that noone really wants to admit to is these type of offenders rarely ever truly rehabilitate. Oh! sure they're sorry, sorry that they are banged up, not sorry for the act of killing another human being. Chapman stalked Lennon, with a view to killing him for years, the killing itself was surrounded by all sorts of case-book symbolism, and was cooly, and calmly premeditated, that type of killer is rarely ever produced in an affluent, laid back society, that type of killer is born. Even he may not realise until he actually commits the act. Maybe 22 years seems like a long time, but hey! I was always taught about the sanctity of human life, I believe(in cases like this one), in an eye for an eye, or at the very least LIFE, and I mean LIFE! I really wonder, if there was a real deterent to murder across the board, whether you would have the type of situation you have at present(right now today), with the likes of that serial sniper. Do you think he(when he is caught), should be REWARDED when he's done 22 years? Premeditated murder is the same whether you kill one or one hundred and one.
10-11-02 04:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man If they killed Chapman it would be unjust i think. A lot of people would come out with things like "You only killed him because he killed Lennon!" It would not be fair on other murderd victims familys.

Alex
10-11-02 06:24 AM
Cant Catch Me If he's freed, he'll need a job to do if he's ever to be reintegrated into society and become a productive citizen. (OK, sure, just make sure it's not in Sir Stones A Lot's neighborhood.)
So let him go, give him Sir Paul's address and a picture in case he's forgotten what the guy looks like and give him a pistol, since he likely won't be able to buy one on his own. Suddenly he's got a purpose in life again, instead of drifting along aimlessly. It'd be better to promise him a bonus or something if he avoids hitting the crip, and to save some ammo for Yoko.
10-11-02 09:45 AM
Joey " No. This is a case where I don't think rehabilitation is an issue.
He ain't getting out alive. Ever."

<----- What he said !!!!!

Damn Straight little buddy ........... Sirhan Sirhan and Mark David Chapman can go straight to Hell or become Webmasters of a Britney Spears Web Site for all I care .......throw in James Earl Ray too -- That Scumbag ( Is he still alive ??????? )

Bunny
10-11-02 10:17 AM
Fiji Joe Not a big fan, or believer of rehabilitation. I won't say it's not possible, in fact, I'm sure it is. My point is that as a murderer, rapist, child molester, etc., you have already showed your ass to society. Thus, at that point, a criminal's rehabilitation and subsequent freedom is not, nor should it be, the ultimate concern of society. Rather, the ultimate concern of society should be its freedom from recidivism. It's a very utilitarian way of looking at things, I know. Society should be more concerned about the risk of repeat offenses of such terrible violent crimes and not whether some shit bag violent offender is ever released so that he may spend his old age watching Sanford and Son re-runs and playing bingo at the local VFW.

How does that tie into this post? Keep Chapman's sorry ass in jail before he kills a real Rock star like Jagger or Richards. Do we really want to risk losing either of these guys just so Chapman can clean up on the talk show circuit?
10-11-02 10:22 AM
jb Fiji..I did not know you were a lawyer....I have tried 1/2 dozen medical-malpractice cases and find them extremely difficult. I represented a woman who had liposuction and ended up looking much worse after the procedure. We settled for 40,000 dollars , as the doctor, and I use that term loosely, had no malpractice coverage....
10-11-02 10:45 AM
gypsymofo60 Surgeons the world over are going out of business because they cannot afford the RIDICULOUS insurance premiums they are expected to pay because the system has allowed the most nonsensicle claims from greedy, conniving scavengers to be rewarded. Bona-fide malpractice suits are one thing, but eventually everyone pays in a never ending follow on affects scenario. And this insurance situation will stultify our lives. Here's an Australian fairy story; A young, fit , and healthy guy goes to Manly Beach in Sydney. An off-limits area where shallow water, and craggy rocks mix, tempts this intrepid adventurer to DIVE????? 6 months, and one wheelchair later Greg Louganis is a paraplegic, who instructs his attornies to sue The Manly Council to the tune of several million dollars. Guess what? This tosser-wins! ON A COUNT OF THERE NOT BEING ENOUGH SIGNAGE????????? As I said, no wonder surgeons sometimes have no insurance. Maybe if liposuction woman ate accordingly, and exercised there wouldn't be a problem at all.
10-11-02 10:52 AM
jb This was no frivilous suit...the lady was left with huge scars ...Also, while I agree their are many frivilous suits, remember, major corporations make decisions regarding consumer safety based on how much money they will have to pay out in wrongful death suits, versus the cost of making the product safer....I think there is plenty of blame to go around.
[Edited by jb]
10-11-02 10:53 AM
Joey " Bona-fide malpractice suits are one thing, but eventually everyone pays in a never ending follow on affects scenario. And this insurance situation will stultify our lives. "

Truer words have never ever been spoken . A lot of politicians will be going down the next couple of years due to the spiraling cost of Health Care in this country ( circa 1991 / 1992 ) .

" Here's an Australian fairy story " -- literally !

Bunny

10-11-02 11:26 AM
sirmoonie Josh, isn't it strange how many lawyers are on the Stones boards? Even stranger is that I've never heard of one doctor being here. Not one. Probably all Eagles fans. Doctors suck. Talk about an overated profession. They are nothing more than used car salesmen with degrees. I wish I could sue doctors. It must be fun. Is it fun suing doctors Josh?
Page: 1 2 3 4