ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-09-02 08:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
scrotum c10 home wrote:
He should definitely be freed..Give peace a chance!!!

jb, if you don't have the courage to say it on your normal account, then don't say it at all.

-tSYX --- Woke up, fell outta bed, dragged a comb across my head...
10-09-02 08:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Whatever. This guy's a sicko. He killed Lennon for attention. He makes impassioned speeches saying "Keep me in here" for attention. He just likes the limelight. And he's a nutcase.

Not to mention if they let him out some equally crazed 50-year-old housewife would shoot him within 24 hours.

I don't like a lot of Lennon's solo stuff - some of it just hits the opposite end of McCartney's power pop and becomes so artistic it's just pretentious. Two Virgins, anyone? Some people, *just because the poor guy got killed*, won't hear anyone say anything other than "Wow. This guy was awesome." If I have to listen to "Imagine" or "Merry Xmas (War Is Over)" one more time I'll hurl. I like "Watching The Wheels", "Cold Turkey", and a few others.

Sorry, John. Crazy fans, you can't even talk rationally to some people about it without them saying "STFU U FAG LENNON SI GOD". What a terrible endnote for the legacy of a peacemaker to have.

-tSYX --- No longer riding on the merry-go-round...
10-09-02 08:20 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Look, the man committed murder and you think that he needs to be released? That's a fucking joke! People are doing more time for drugs and may never get to see the light of day again and you think this selfish prick deserves to be let out? If you take someone�s life intentionally, you get what's coming to you. You know the rap before you pull the trigger. This man needs to spend the rest of his natural life right where he is. I live by old hippie values and I will say, �Give peace a chance� any day, but I also believe an eye for an eye. How the hell can it be explained that some poor Deadhead is doing 25 years on a mandatory minimum sentence for selling LSD, but some cocksucker that premeditates murder walks? I just don�t get it.
10-09-02 09:01 PM
Mickjagger1963 AMEN Happy Motherfucker!!

Drug laws in the US suck!! I f we just legalized these drugs we wouldnt pay for their dealers to live behind bars, nor would we waste time of policmen, and the country and Deadheads could make some good money, legally!! As for that schumuck Chapman I say

give peace a chance..........

somewhere else........ let HIM rot in jail.........Hearing my mohter talk about that day is obviously the hardest thing for her to do in the world. (she was a mega-fan) Nobody should be allowed to take out an icon for no good reason and then be realeased.
10-09-02 09:19 PM
Fiji Joe Look guys, you need to put your emotions on hold and look at this more pragmatically...

How will we ever be rid of McCartney if Chapman stays in prison?

He is the great white (album) hope!

10-09-02 10:45 PM
BILL PERKS CHAPMAN SHOULD ROT IN PRISON FOR LIFE AND THAT'S COMING FROM A TRUE LIBERAL.RFK'S MURDER WAS THE DAY THIS COUNTRY JUMPED THE SHARK,AS THEY SAY,AS HE WAS THE LAST CHANCE A TRUE IDEALISTIC,MORAL MAN COULD LEAD THIS COUNTRY AWAY FROM THE MACHINE(OIL,GOVT DEFENSE CONTRACTS,OLD MONEY).HIS PRESIDENCY WOULD HAVE RESTORED A SENSE OF GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE.EVERY POLITICIAN SINCE IS A PUPPET TO EITHER BIG BUSINESS OR BENEFACTORS THAT HELP GET THEM ELECTED.
10-09-02 11:16 PM
Martha Someone mentioned that their Mother gets emotional whenever talking about Lennon's untimely and tragic death....and I wanted to say that I do too.

I am listening to his "HeartPlay" boot that I just got in trade from someone here...and it feels like he's with me in the other room of the house (great sounding boot..).if his studio happened to be located there anyway.. lol.

I keep a poster of him circa 1975 in my office and whenever I look over at it I smile. It reminds me to be grateful that I and my loved ones and friends etc., are alive and well. And it reminds me to strive towards love and peacefulness in my daily life. That's something I feel he passed on through his example.. And Yes I agree with you SS, he wouldn't be happy if one of his fans took his murder's life.

It still amazes me too that so many people say such hateful and ugly things about Yoko Ono, even people who claim to love John. I have always believed that had it been she that was shot and killed that night..in front of John's eyes..that he would have NEVER recovered from the affects of that. I don't think he could've withstood the pain it would have brought to him.

I'm not saying this to debate about their relationship and (please) I don't wish to hear more negative and ugly things about Mrs. Lennon. I only wanted to share my more personal thoughts on a very sad subject on the day of his birth. THANKS for respecting that.

Also, I got confused (like I said I get emotional on this topic) when I posted earlier, cause I know "Yer Blues" is spelled this way not like I wrote it earlier in this thread. Just spaced it out and didn't catch it until later.

Does anyone here get a head kickin' when listening to John, Clapton, Mitch Mitchell and Keef (on bass) rip out "Yer Blues" at the Rock and Roll Circus?

Gawd..it fuckin' kills me...great chops..wish they woulda' toured together!
10-09-02 11:20 PM
Gimme Shelter Wow, a Dirty Mac tour, that would have been something!!
10-09-02 11:34 PM
Martha I think it would have rocked to say the least ...of course I woulda been a bit too young to have seen it...but good boots and film would certainly be available today had it happened.

I just love watching Keef and seeing how totally into his bass playing he is....hell, they all seem to be in great spirits..

and what he hell is Clapton wearing??? It looks like his great Aunt crocheted his sweater..have you ever checked it out...it's a classic look...so dated...I laugh each time I see him wearing it in the film.

Then he kicks my head off with that great solo..
10-09-02 11:46 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
I think this guy certainly deserves to be paroled by now. We are, after all, a country of forgiveness, I dare say that Lennon would support his parole.

Typical liberal pap.
10-09-02 11:57 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey....Sirhan is an arab fuck who stole from us a man who would have made all our lives better!

Sure. The Kennedys. A real 'class' act.
Give us a break.
Go suck up to that other chump Clinton.
Yutz.....
10-10-02 12:33 AM
gypsymofo60 I posted this at Doug's board but they yanked it. Some people need to grow up! Aerosmith vs The Stones, Beatles vs The Stones, so fucking what! Do you have anything better in life to do than HATE Aerosmith, HATE Beatles, how pathetic! And accusing other users of disloyalty to The Stones, telling them to piss off to another board simply because they might enjoy a wider variation of music than your narrow minds is just about the richest thing I've come across on these boards. It'd be a really fucking interesting music collection that started with "The Rolling Stones"(1964), and ended with "40 Licks", and contained nothing in between don't you think? And now we're getting what very nearly amounts to Chapman did society a favour. You know I don't have much time for say Liam Gallagher as a person, but I wouldn't be surrepticiously giggling if some nutter topped him, that aint only fucking childish, it's really fucking sad!.....By the way, who else is on the HATE/ do not praise list? One, or two wankers bringing down the tone, I thought Stones fans were discerning, seems there's a few who classify as plain fucking ignorant. And just for the record Lennon was a genius, and if ya don't like them apples, too FUCKING BAD!
10-10-02 06:37 AM
Cant Catch Me Chapman deserves to stay in prison if simply for the crime of being so stupid the dumb M'er F'er shot the wrong damn Beatle! Fiji's right, though, his release could solve the world's McCartney problem.
10-10-02 06:42 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Yes...tell Chapman he is free......then stick him in one of those American chairs that you can plug in the wall. That's justice.
10-10-02 07:12 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Look guys, you need to put your emotions on hold and look at this more pragmatically...

How will we ever be rid of McCartney if Chapman stays in prison?

He is the great white (album) hope!

haaha yeah, that would be an option, actually, I'd rather see lennon living then that arrogant prick macca
10-10-02 07:23 AM
JaggaRichards You people are sick........Lennon murdered and now you wish the same on McCartney? Sure his music sucks, but wishing death on him? Get a f**king life!
10-10-02 07:26 AM
Moonisup I don't wish him death, I wish him to be with his friends John and George, you must know that we don't die, but go to another place!
10-10-02 07:55 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
You people are sick........Lennon murdered and now you wish the same on McCartney? Sure his music sucks, but wishing death on him? Get a f**king life!

It's a joke, man! Joke! I'm sure none of these guys... well, I don't know about Fiji, but I'm sure most of these guys wouldn't wish death on McCartney, even if they had to listen to Give My Regards To Broad Street and Press To Play in rapid sucession.

Yeah, that's my mother who remembers about John Lennon. She worked in the city at the time, lived downtown with my father. She says she's never forgotten it, because he had such a huge impact on her life growing up, he and those other Beatles, and because he was such a nice guy. People would see him in the city and wave and talk and he'd never turn them away - he was a celebrity, sure, but he just wanted to be a normal guy.

And a Dirty Mac tour woulda been awesome.

But then where would our Stones have been?

-tSYX --- Instant karma's gonna getchoo...
10-10-02 09:54 AM
jb Fiji Joe ...how are you?
10-10-02 10:24 AM
Joey
" He is the great white (album) hope! "

Fiji Joe .................Is that really you ????????

Welcome back ----- you never fail to goof on everyone .....even Macca .

Toby

10-10-02 12:20 PM
Martha Your Mother rocks Savage and Young.

The Dirty Mac coulda' done a brief 6 month tour perhaps while the Sotones were on hiatus. lol

I am hoping that Circus is relrelased on DVD soon and includes all the outtakes and other footage that got canned....I think the Mac performed at least one other song as they rehearsed for the Circus.

I consider that VHS tape my #1 prized possession thus far.

As far as making jokes and wishing people dead (whether we go to a better place or not) or suggesting they die...is VERY distasteful to say the least. It isn't EVER funny no matter.... even if I agree that the individual is a wanker.

It would be nice to eliminate such coments from this board. It's ugly.
10-10-02 01:03 PM
jb Mark chapman has spent 22 years in prison which is much longer than the average priosner spends in jail. He committed a horrible crime, but it's time to let him out and allow him the opportunity to do something positive for socirty. Those of you who loved Lennon know I speak the truth when I say that Lennon would surely be against locking this guy up for life....certainly we all deserve another chance, particularly, where this individual, under ordinary circumstances, would not pass the McNaughton test..he simply did not have the capacity to appreciate the nature and wrongdoing of his act.....same as to John Hinkley...these guys deserve to be freed immediately.
10-10-02 01:08 PM
Moonisup he is still in there cos the people don't want him out!! Is that justice??
I know people who served less and murdered more!
rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-10-02 01:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I know people who served less and murdered more!
rik

I think you need a new set of friends, Muppie!
----
From everything I've read, Chapman probably should have been found not guilty by reason of insanity and then locked up in the nut house instead of prison. The problem with ever letting him out of either place is that it is impossible to determine with any kind of reliability whether his particular brand of mental illness is cured, in remission, controllable, etc. You let him out, he forgets his medication one week, goes to Barnes and Noble, buys Old Gods Almost Dead, and then he hears a chipmunk in Central Park tell him that Keith is from Mars and must be shot. No thanks.

Until some miracle cure for his whackitality comes around, I think society AND Chapman (gets his meds, he can't hurt himself or anyone else, has something to do all day) are better off if he stays right where he is.
10-10-02 01:34 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I think you need a new set of friends, Muppie!

haha lol, just read the papers, hha it MUST be true then

hey cool Winston Churchill there!

Moonisup
10-10-02 02:26 PM
Joey " You let him out, he forgets his medication one week, goes to Barnes and Noble, buys Old Gods Almost Dead, and then he hears a chipmunk in Central Park tell him that Keith is from Mars and must be shot. No thanks. "

Moonie .................you make young Joey giggle .

10-10-02 02:51 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Mark chapman has spent 22 years in prison which is much longer than the average priosner spends in jail. He committed a horrible crime, but it's time to let him out and allow him the opportunity to do something positive for socirty.

Something positive for society? Chapman murdered someone-he should be locked up FOR LIFE WITH NO PAROLE!!
End of story!
10-10-02 03:16 PM
jb Have you ever heard of the concept of rehabilitation?
10-10-02 03:20 PM
Moonisup Justice for everyone, not ban guys from that, cos society doesn't aprove, I hate what he has done,that's clear, but if he behaved cool over 20 years, well let him out and watch him
10-10-02 03:21 PM
Joey " Something positive for society? Chapman murdered someone-he should be locked up FOR LIFE WITH NO PAROLE!!
End of story! "

Why waste our tax dollars keeping the guy alive .

I say give him the Death Penalty !!!!!!!!

Joey Bush ( Yech !!!! )
Page: 1 2 3 4