ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-09-02 12:47 PM
Martha
Entertainment
Full Story 10/09/2002��10:22:09�EST
Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again
By MICHAEL GORMLEY
Associated Press Writer

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - John Lennon's killer was denied parole for a second time, state officials said Wednesday.

Releasing Mark David Chapman after 22 years in prison would "deprecate the seriousness" of the crime, the parole board said in a statement released Wednesday morning. The board said Chapman had "acceptable" behavior in prison but that didn't guarantee he wouldn't pose a threat to society.

At his first parole hearing two years ago, Chapman said he did not deserve to go free. He will be up for parole again in 2004.

Chapman, 47, is serving 20 years to life for shooting Lennon outside his Manhattan apartment in 1980 as the former Beatle returned from a late-night recording session.

Transcripts of the latest hearing were not immediately available. At his parole hearing two years ago, Chapman said: "I believe once you take a person's life, there's no way you can make up for that. Period."

Chapman lives in a housing unit separate from the general population and works as a clerk in prison, said James Flateau, spokesman for the state Department of Correctional Services. He was involved in three "minor incidents" between 1989 and 1994 for delaying an inmate count and refusing to follow an order, but nothing since 1994, Flateau said.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press.
10-09-02 12:57 PM
jb I think this guy certainly deserves to be paroled by now. We are, after all, a country of forgiveness, I dare say that Lennon would support his parole.
10-09-02 01:07 PM
Moonisup indeed! well people make mistakes, we should forgive him
10-09-02 01:11 PM
Joey " The board said Chapman had "acceptable" behavior in prison but that didn't guarantee he wouldn't pose a threat to society. "

No , but society would pose a threat to him . Chapman would not last twenty four hours outside prison without getting whacked ...............same with RFK's killer Sirhan Sirhan .

J.
10-09-02 01:14 PM
jb Joey....Sirhan is an arab fuck who stole from us a man who would have made all our lives better! Chapman is just a mentally disturbed putz who was living in a delusional state.There is nothing served by keepeing him locked up.
10-09-02 01:25 PM
Joey " Joey....Sirhan is an arab fuck who stole from us a man who would have made all our lives better! "

<----- There is no way in Hell RFK could have pulled out of Vietnam without a right wing revolt !

Agreed !!!!! Only Nixon could have opened up the door to China , thus dividing the communist block and allowing us to sneak out of the ' Nam in one piece .

Hell , it was LBJ's justified fear of RFK that created something called " The ' 60's " in the first place . Ah , I remember it all now -- civil rights , voting rights , the war on poverty , the Great Society , Medicare , Medicaid ................a land war in Asia !

" This is not a time for timid souls and trembling spirits Ronnie "

Joey Cong

10-09-02 01:27 PM
jb You were a courageous fighter in a foreign land Joey!
10-09-02 01:27 PM
Moonisup maybe he should get a statue
10-09-02 01:30 PM
jb cHAPMAN..lol
10-09-02 01:31 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
cHAPMAN..lol

that is very risky to say that, some get the hint some don't

10-09-02 01:34 PM
jb Don't dare make fun of Lennon on Keno's board or StoneDougs..you will be thrown off and possibly banned for life...there are a large number of Beatle lovers and they really get pissed over dead lennon jokes....they have not sense of humour like us...
10-09-02 01:38 PM
Moonisup yeah, I have noticed that. well a joke should be allowed,
ore do I mean it

That is the question

rik

10-09-02 01:40 PM
jb This board, with the exception of the prick who threatned me and my family, has by far the most intelligent, sarcastic, good-natured stones fans on the net....Also, the administrators are very discreet if you go over the line..they will warn you privately instead of humiliating you ...by the way, whatever happened to Gazza? Apparently, no one has heard from him since New York..hopefully he is safe and resting in the lovley Irish countryside.
[Edited by jb]
10-09-02 01:44 PM
Moonisup Yeah, maybe he's still living in the 7th heaven, I can imagine that!! Yes this is the most coolest board!

A big hand to all the posters and JAXX, gazza and VCIWL

10-09-02 01:51 PM
Joey " You were a courageous fighter in a foreign land Joey! "

Thanks Josh .....................that damn Agent Orange though .........been eating my guts out something fierce lately ......probably a change in the weather or something .

Kunta Cong

{{{{ The Joey !!!!! }}}}}

10-09-02 01:52 PM
Martha Today is John Lennon's Birthday.

He would have been 62.

I too, believe if they release that bastard he won't last 24 hours.
10-09-02 01:54 PM
Moonisup Are you a veteran JoeY?

Respect for you man!!

Rik
10-09-02 02:02 PM
jb Moon..can you fucking believe we are #2 behind Elvis!!!Even a greatest hits package does not make it to #1...we never win!!! Always second fiddle to Beatles or now Elvis..why, why, did they release this at the same time!!! Now we will fall out of top 10 as Bon Jovi's new album is already #1 in England ahead of Elvis and Stones...we really needed a # 1 album and we just missed it...I am sick to my stomach...
10-09-02 02:03 PM
Martha JB,

Gazza is back home and doing well. He took a bit of a break after his trip and I'm sure he'll be back on the boards anyday now.

IMO there is nothing humorous about the murder of John Lennon. His murder affected my life more than any other single event to date has.

RIP
10/9/40-12/8/80
10-09-02 02:08 PM
jb I can respect that Martha...everybody is affected differently by tragedy......I was not a Beatle/Lennon fan so his unfortunate death had no impact on me. On the otherhand, when Ian Stewart died in 86, I was quite depressed for days.
10-09-02 02:20 PM
Moonisup yeah, it did not affect met, cos I wasn't born then, I remember the death of stu, that struck me!

yeah it's a bad thing, maybe they'll make it to number 1 after quited, that would be soooo sad!
rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-09-02 02:26 PM
jb I was in college when Lennon died and the guy next door comes running out of his dorm crying Lennon is dead!! I was not in the least interested as I was a loyal Stones fan even back then...When most losers were listening to Styx, REO Speedwagon, Loverboy, etc. I had Love You Live blasting on my panasonic turntable!!!
10-09-02 02:32 PM
Moonisup hahaa love you live, that album and Get yer, explains everything and has everything the beatles don't, John was always jealous at the stones, that is why he bashed them in the famous 1980 interview

the hand of fate?

(:
10-09-02 02:49 PM
jb Look, the Beatles are certainly the #1 POP group of all time...but to call what they played rock, is really a misnomer. They are up there with the likes of Michael Jackson, Elvis, Madonna, etc...exceedingly popular to the masses, but clearly inferior to the Stones.
10-09-02 03:24 PM
Martha What genre of music would you categorize "Your Blues" in JB?

I think the version that John, EC, Mitch Mitchell and Keef (on badass bass) did is one of the best rock and roll blues songs and performances in rock history.

Have you seen it on the Rocka nd Roll CIrcus...it's priceless. Blows my head off everytime.
10-09-02 03:24 PM
Moonisup yeah. but we know that, the masses don't!! hmmm strange, no great albums sales, but always the highest grossing tours, well the stones have always been more of a live band, not beats the energy from a stonesconcert

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-09-02 06:44 PM
~AzQb

TheMostEminentGazza appears to have made it back to the EmeraldIsle ok. He e-mailed about some discs upon his return so i take it he's just burning CD's in the Green ; )

~Bless Gazza,Gerardo,andJaxxForever!!!
10-09-02 07:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Isn't it odd.

A man who stood for peace, for love, for forgivness, for hope and understanding is murdered.

If his killer goes free, forgiven for his crime, one of the great man's fans will commit an act of violence against the killer, and snuff him out.

I doubt that John would approve.
10-09-02 07:55 PM
Gimme Shelter It is total bullshit if Chapman ever walks free.
10-09-02 07:57 PM
scrotum c10 home He should definitely be freed..Give peace a chance!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4