ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howard Stern at Giant's Stones gig ! Return to archive
10-09-02 11:25 AM
Joey Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters .......

I beleive it was either Nanky or Maxy who stated that they saw Howard Stern walk past them with his brand new girlfriend at the Giant's Stadium Rolling Stones concert .

Well , they had her on the Howard Stern " E " television show last evening and man , what a babe !!!! Her name is " Beth " , she has long blonde hair , long legs , a perfect face and seems like a real sweetheart ..........Oh , and she is twenty-three ..............good job Howard -- don't lose that lady , especially if she loves the Stones .

YES !!!!! WELL DONE !!!!!!

" Tie me up and call me Suzi Ronnie "

Kunta Joe

{{{{{ TOBY JOEY }}}}}

10-09-02 11:44 AM
jb Stern is a royal prick..has been making fun of the Stones for years...yet the jerk shows up at Giant Stadium and parades down the aisle with 25 security guards..a real pompous ass.
10-09-02 11:47 AM
Joey " Stern is a royal prick..has been making fun of the Stones for years..."

<----- He also was really hard on Mick Taylor for leaving the Stones .

That 's right little buddy , I forget about that day . Man , Howard really laid into Taylor for quitting the Greatest Rock and Roll Band ever -- Hmmmmmmm !

Perhaps I should rethink my love for Howard !

Developing .............

Kunta

10-09-02 11:51 AM
jb Yea...I heard Taylor on Stern a good 4 yrs ago and he just took Howard's shit very passively..that's MT's biggest problem..he is a fucking pushover..
10-09-02 11:54 AM
Joey " That's MT's biggest problem..he is a fucking pushover.."

<----- So you think he was right in quitting the Stones ?

Some Pushover !!!!!!
10-09-02 11:58 AM
jb Joey..we all know he did'nt quit...he was what we call in law "constructively terminated"...they made the conditions so unbearable, that no reasonable guitarist, let alone the great MT, could remain in such a hostile work envionment. I love Keith, but his jealousy of MT's playing, clearly was the catalyst for his premature and tragic departure.
10-09-02 12:10 PM
Joey " I love Keith, but his jealousy of MT's playing, clearly was the catalyst for his premature and tragic departure."

<----- I would like to nuzzle you Josh .

Me too little buddy ......" Constructively Terminated " ---outstanding , I just learned something .

Man , I can truly learn from you Josh -- would you please mentor young Joey .

Skittles

10-09-02 12:16 PM
Nellcote This is why I love this board.
Fiction always creeps in.

JB, please read this article, where Mick T talks of why he left the band:

Rolling Stone, 1/30/75...
Interviewer: Why did you quit?
MT: I'd worked with them in such a way, and for so long, that I didn't think I could go much further without some different musicians" Taylor said. Goes on to say, "There was no personal animosity in the split. There was no row, no quibbling or squabbling".

It's on rollingstone.com website.

Now, certainly, there was later problems with Taylor, related to his claim he was part of certain tracks (Waiting on a Friend), etc. later, there is no question.

Despite what you may think, why would the Stones want to place themselves in such creative turmoil, go thru a process of auditioning so many different guitarists, when they had a very capable one? Keith may have been in an admitted drug induced haze for at least a decade, however, he is no fool. Just because there is a certain love for the product that came out during the Taylor years, you should realize, he walked out on the band.

There is no dispute in this fact, I repeat, fact.
10-09-02 12:25 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Stern is a royal prick..has been making fun of the Stones for years...yet the jerk shows up at Giant Stadium and parades down the aisle with 25 security guards..a real pompous ass.

and walked out from behind stage area too. we were 3rd row keiths side and when he came out and fans yelled howard he was like james taylor at roseland didn't acknowledge a sole.

and rite you are he always made fun of stones!
10-09-02 12:35 PM
Nellcote Hey Chevy;

Y'all beat us fair & square! We were a flat team Sunday. See you in December, we'll have the snow plow operator waiting on the field for you!
10-09-02 01:05 PM
steel driving hammer Stern is trash.

Like Americas first black President - Bill Clinton.
10-09-02 01:11 PM
jb Steel...I am not going to defend the greatest President in my lifetime, but I can tell you this much:1) My portfolio was about 300k more than today, 2)We were not attacked in our own coutry by terrorists, 3)we were at peace 4)women's right to chose was still recognized as the law of the land and 5) we did not have Oil men determining our future.
Don't misunderstand me, I think Dubya handled the 9/11 tragedy exceptionally well and I am in agreement that Saddam must go-by force if necessary. However, do not be so partisan to ignore the great times we had under Clinton. The fact that he lied about a blowjob is simply not relevant..you and I would (have) done the same.
[Edited by jb]
10-09-02 01:16 PM
stonesmik Get that interview with Keith Richards bei Crackhead Bob if you really don't know what these people are talking about. I don't know either.

http://home.datacomm.ch/mik/crackheadbobandkeith.mp3

If Keith can make such an ass (not arse) of himself - I bet he'd like it.
10-09-02 01:17 PM
Joey " However, do not be so partisan to ignore the great times we had under Clinton. The fact that he lied about a blowjob is simply not relevant..you and I would (have) done the same. "

<----- What , lie ?????????? My Baby Steelie never lies about his blowjobs ............Never !!!!

Damn Straight little buddy .

It is absolutely amazing how rapidly the economic state of affairs in this nation have come to resemble the early ' 90's ......remember THAT state of the Union ?????? Soaring health car costs , huge budget deficits , a dead - in - the - water stock market and no growth whatsoever .

Al Gore WILL be the next President -- Bet the Ranch !!!!!

" Tie Me Up ans call me Steelie Ronnie "

Joe .......................................Fly

JoeFly

{{{{{ TOBY JOE }}}}}

10-09-02 01:18 PM
sonicrock i agree i agree in most of it with jb
10-09-02 01:21 PM
steel driving hammer YAWN.
10-09-02 01:25 PM
jb You won't be yawning when you very ability to post on this board is threatened by the likes of Ashcroft...you won't be yawning when you are held without probable cause , you won't be yawning when our kids are sent to war and are returned in a body bag.
P.S.-you won't be yawning when you right to drink alcohol is taken away....SDH
[Edited by jb]
10-09-02 01:46 PM
Joey "you won't be yawning when you right to drink alcohol is taken away....SDH "

Yeah .........you tell him Josh .

10-09-02 01:51 PM
steel driving hammer The 90's BOOM was called "Trickle Down Economics"

It Trickled down from the 80's.

Hence, Ronald Regan.

-

Your getting to off track when you say farce about loosing the right to drink.

It'l never happen.

To even think that, your being silly.
10-09-02 01:52 PM
jb Just trying to get your attention SDH!!!
10-09-02 02:02 PM
stonesmik There was a thing called "prohibition" way back in the nineteensomewhens. I guess it happened somewhere in the Americas. Terms like "bootleg" or "the real McCoy" stem from then. There are some US counties with laws that forbid drinking to this day. Cheers from Europe.
10-09-02 02:02 PM
Joey " Just trying to get your attention SDH!!! "

<------ Attention ???????? A man's right to drink is sacred .....like one holds the torah ...as sacred ...........like I hold Wyman's " Stone Alone I " ...as sacred .

Kunta

10-09-02 02:12 PM
jb Joey, are you a member of the tribe? Did'nt think there were too many of us in cornhusker country...Shalom!
10-09-02 03:48 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
Just trying to get your attention SDH!!!

YOU GOT IT! LOL!
10-09-02 03:56 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
Steel...I am not going to defend the greatest President in my lifetime, but I can tell you this much:1) My portfolio was about 300k more than today, 2)We were not attacked in our own coutry by terrorists, 3)we were at peace 4)women's right to chose was still recognized as the law of the land and 5) we did not have Oil men determining our future.
Don't misunderstand me, I think Dubya handled the 9/11 tragedy exceptionally well and I am in agreement that Saddam must go-by force if necessary. However, do not be so partisan to ignore the great times we had under Clinton. The fact that he lied about a blowjob is simply not relevant..you and I would (have) done the same.
[Edited by jb]

1. And why is that? It wouldn't have to do anything with people cooking their books would it? The economic downturn actually started with W.J. Clinton in office in July of 2000. What would have Willy done different or better to have changed it?

2. Why were we attacked at this point? Was it because GW was in office, or did it have more to do with the hamstrung intelligence? Who led the charge for depletion of the intlelligence? Two answers, 1) Liberal court system 2) W. J. Clinton

3. We were at peace? Really? As of today we are as well, depends on what your defining as peace.

4. A Womans right to choose death for their fetus/baby is still legal.

5. Oil men, lets see oil hmm well no oil isn't improtant to this country,, and for those that think "it's just about oil." Why didn't we take over some oil fields in 91 when we had prime opportunity?

Economically times were good under Clinton for about 6 years, I won't deny it, but can you tell me what he did to influence those good times? For the first time in 40 years there was a republican House and Senate, for the first time in 40 years there was a touch of fiscal responsibility, not enough however!
10-09-02 04:05 PM
Nellcote You know, I could add my 2cents, however, I have learned that political threads do not have a light at the end of the tunnel.

The only thing we could look forward to is if The Stones bring "Highwire" to the stage....

There, I've kept it a Stones topic....
10-09-02 04:07 PM
Scottfree Oh and back to the topic, Howard Stern is a jackass along with his crew, they have all ripped the Stones for years. All the while adorning Aerosmith, and a bunch of the new bands, and of course the Beatles. I remember, when the Stones were announcing their tour in May he commented "I wonder if they'll be playing Start me up," "I have no interest in seeing them." very snidely, I might add. Well than why did this no talent jackass see them?
10-09-02 10:00 PM
sarah Howard Stern is a Hypocrite that's why.
10-09-02 11:35 PM
Boomhauer A person who makes fun of disabled people and uses them as props for his show is a complete piece of shit.
I don't care if people say if they are the ones that want to go on the show; he uses disabled people for his show and it's just totally wrong and it's completely hilariously unfunny.

Let him go have his anal sex with men, since that's the only thing he seems interested in right now.