ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan covers Brown Sugar Return to archive
10-09-02 08:59 AM
OhJokerman hi ... I just registered to bring you this

http://www.pattikeegan.com/patti/brownsugar.mp3

if this link doesn't work try to get the MP3 through this board

http://pool.dylantree.com/phorum/list.php?f=2

[Edited by OhJokerman]
10-09-02 09:05 AM
stonedinaustralia woah!!

thanks jokerman dude!!

and i haven't even downloaded it yet

the whole idea of this is was mind boggling enough...now i'll get to hear it!!

thanks again
10-09-02 09:06 AM
Lazy Bones He's also covering some Zevon material. And, last night he covered Don Henley's End Of The Innocence and Neil's Old Man! Bob continues to keep the surprises coming.
10-09-02 12:07 PM
Nasty Habits Holy sweet St. Moonie on a fuckin' graham cracker with smoked gouda cheese and a spicy dill salsa topping was that hilarious! What a weirdo! "Hey, let's do Brown Sugah! Nah, I don't need to learn the words! You can never understand what Mick's sayin' anyway, no big deal!"

Thanks SO much for that link. That rocked. Made my morning.

10-09-02 12:17 PM
scope Wow, and I thought I knew the words to Brown Sugar. But obviously not Dylan's words! LOL. It's one thing to hear Bob mumble through his songs, cause that's part of what makes him who he is. But when you know the actual words that belong in a verse, it's quite the experience to hear something else. Thanks for this fun link.
10-09-02 01:29 PM
sirfito Jokerman: Thank you very much, really!
I'm gonna see the site.
I'm a Dylan's fan too. I have all his records (l.p. and cd's). I saw him singing with the Stones here (Argentina)"Like A Rolling Stone". Great version!.
Cheers,
Fito
10-09-02 02:05 PM
Child of the Moon Yeah, a friend of mine saw him this last weekened in Eugene, Oregon, and said that when Bob did "Brown Sugar," his first reaction was, "Steve would flip out if he were here!" (Steve is me, by the way.)

I probably would have, too.
10-09-02 02:29 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Yeah, a friend of mine saw him this last weekened in Eugene, Oregon, and said that when Bob did "Brown Sugar," his first reaction was, "Steve would flip out if he were here!" (Steve is me, by the way.)

I probably would have, too.

He also did Friend Of The Devil at that show. Covers galore!
10-09-02 02:42 PM
sirmoonie Damn, it always crashes my browser. Anyone know of another link to Dylan's Brown Sugar? Dying to hear this!

WTF with covering Henley? I know Dylan is beyond reproach, but Yikes! That ain't good. Nope, not good at all. Eagles = venal vermin.

"Have no fear for atomic energy, Ronnie!"
10-09-02 02:52 PM
jb Res Ipsur Loquitur
10-09-02 07:10 PM
Gimme Shelter I saw Bob last night in Sacramento, and Brown Sugar rocked. Biggest crowd reaction of the night.
10-10-02 10:21 AM
T&A Saw both Sacto shows - BS rocked the house down both nights. Unbeleivable. I can honestly say as a life-long Stones fanatic, that the Stones have never done this song better. Bob's band is beyond belief. Brown Sugar rocked the house like you couldn't imagine. Even did the yeah, yeah, yeah, WOO part...wonders never will cease.
10-10-02 04:56 PM
OhJokerman Glad you enjoyed it .

Let's all dream about a Dylan/stones joint tour !
10-10-02 05:34 PM
cleancutkid Brown Sugar (Dylan - Red Bluff and Stones Chicago) at cleancutkid.co.uk