ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what's special about limited edition 40 Licks Return to archive
10-09-02 08:12 AM
Mr T I was gonna get it last night - but they wanted way too much money for it (like $40) and I didn't ave enough money for that & the new Gov't Mule album(glad I made the choice I did) so I'm gonna try ordering it off amazon or something.

anyway - what does it have about the regular version? it come in a LP sized case with the mirrored tounge & a poster and what else? how about the sleeves of the CD's, different? I'm still mad that I haven't gotten mine yet, but things have been insane around here lately & I haven't been able to pick it up
10-09-02 09:43 AM
ShannonDC The "limited" edition box set includes a black and white poster of the group from the early 1960s, a large booklet (similar to the one in the CD but 12 x 12), and the two CDs. Unfortunately, the CDs are not in jewel cases - they are inserted in slots cut into the packaging. So, if you buy a copy like I did, you end up removing the CDs and putting them into your own jewel cases to carry them with you. Is it worth $40? I don't think so, but I was able to get it for $28 on Oct 1 at the Tower here in DC.
10-09-02 03:08 PM
riccardo Also,and more disturbing,the sticker advertising what's inside the box talks about a full colour poster.But it is b&w!
10-09-02 03:53 PM
gordonjh I paid $30 for the limited edition. The only downfall is how the CD's come, but I think it is worth the 10 bucks more for the big booklet and box and poster.
10-10-02 01:54 PM
SweetBlackAngel Hey Mr T--

I got the new Gov't Mule cd, too. It's really good!