ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger Donates $150G to Old School Return to archive
10-08-02 11:36 AM
Martha 10/08/2002��07:21:21�EST
Kamenko Pajic/AP Photo
Jagger Donates $150G to Old School

LONDON (AP) - Rolling Stone Mick Jagger hasn't forgotten where he got his start, donating 100,000 pounds ($150,000) to help youngsters at his old school.

Dartford Grammar School in Kent county, southern England, said Monday the 59-year-old singer wants the money to be used for programs that will encourage children to study music.

"I believe we should encourage children to sing and play instruments from an early age," Jagger said from the United States, where the Rolling Stones are on tour.

"It is so important that they have somewhere like this where they can share their musical ideas and vision and be able to practice for as long as they like," he said.

The school's music center, which opened two years ago, is named Red Rooster after the Rolling Stones' No. 1 British hit "Little Red Rooster."

The money will help provide free string and wind instrument training, run in conjunction with Kent Music School and Trinity College of Music.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press.
10-12-02 12:08 AM
Highwire Rob Wasn't it during these grammar school years that Mick made his first TV appearance? A physical education service announcement? (I remember seeing b&w footage of a young Jagger in his whites & plimsolls!) I forget which program I watched years ago that showed this footage. But phys. ed. for for youth makes sense since his Dad, Joe was a physical education instructor--senior lecturer, in fact, at Britain's largest college of physical education. Furthermore, Mick worked (at 18) as a sports instructor and counselor on a USA service base. Not to change Martha's original topic but can Martha or anyone clarify this?

I swear I'm not buzzing and not smoking!
"Tokyo, Let's rock these plimsolls to the max!"
[Edited by Highwire Rob]