ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones news from another land Return to archive
10-08-02 07:18 AM
corgi37 Its been a good week or 2 for Stones info down here in Oz. For a start, we are actually getting info on the tour. This is much more preferable to the info we got on the last 2 tours. b2b: All we got was the tour announcement and later, the st.loius gig on pay tv, then video/dvd. No security, we got know info at all. Still no confirmation on aussie dates, but Feb is widely touted as the likely time. Fucking McCartney is currently getting all the press, as he tours he next month. Some tickets rumoured to go for $500 (this could seriously stuff the Stones up, as some people in the boomer age demographic might not fork out huge bucks to see both acts). A great interview with Keith was in the papers last Sunday. He gave some great quotes. Generally, alot of the articles reprinted here were from NY. Most made references to their age and looks, which is getting not just annoying, but blood boring. 40 licks tv campaign has started, but reviews are mixed. I have been waiting to pounce on 1 prick who writes for a melbourne paper. The asshole is a beatles nut. Doesnt matter if he' reviewing bon jovi, he'll mention the beatles. Then, next sentence, slag the Stones. EG: Bon Jovi write ballads that almost equal the mastery of John and Paul, but when they rock, they out rock old fossils like the Stones, which is pretty easy to do. This fuckers name? Pete Best (i kid you not!). He's a failed Melbourne muso who had a Beatles cover band back in the 80's. His review of 40 licks had all he usual baitings of them being old and irrelevant. He slammed the inclusion of songs like Shattered, instead wondering why more off albums like Goats Head were not included. He absolutely ripped shit through the 4 new songs. That dog is going to get a letter from me. I fucking new back in May, when the tour and cd release were announced that he would write shit like he did. Other reviews of 40 licks have been really positive. Still, the re-mastered cd's are not available here, which is a pain, as i am so jealous of my Yank mates who have them. They should be released within a month. Alas, Elvis is getting most of the publicity, so 40 licks might not exactly set the world on fire here. Though, it is selling at the same price as a single cd, which will help.
10-08-02 10:07 AM
jb Corgi...I find you to be one of the best posters since Joey and Moonisup!!!
10-09-02 06:04 AM
gypsymofo60 Hey Corgi! When you write that letter to Pete Best put a rude word or two in for me. A total non-entity! Tried to make a name for himself on the strength of another much more famous Pete Best. Even had the audacity to call his toy band "Pete Best's Beatles", tosser! They were the worst fucking band on the Melbourne circuit, that's why we threw empty beer jugs at the fuckers. By the way! There's a rumour floating around at the moment that The Stones are planning a warm up gig at The Sydney Metro come February, no dates sorry!
10-10-02 08:51 AM
fmk438j
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
There's a rumour floating around at the moment that The Stones are planning a warm up gig at The Sydney Metro come February, no dates sorry!

Where did you here that?
10-10-02 10:56 PM
gypsymofo60 On Triple M last week, I think it was on The Timbo&Bedders show, but I can't be sure of that. Some INTHEKNOWTOSSPOT came on and said "here's something for all the golden oldies, it has been rumoured that The Rolling Stones, who are due to tour Australia sometime in the New Year, are planning a once only warm up gig at Sydney's Metro". But no other info was given. I'm keeping my ear to the ground, and my nose to the wind, I'll let you know.
10-10-02 11:47 PM
fmk438j
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
I'm keeping my ear to the ground, and my nose to the wind, I'll let you know.

I would appreciate that, obviously. I'll do the same.

I'm a uni bum, so my holidays that start in mid November and go through to early march will allow me to be on the job full time.