ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones TOTP 2 Special in November Return to archive
10-04-02 06:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man The Daily Maily reported yesterday that there will be a Top Of The Pops 2 Rolling Stones Special to be broadcasted in November. It says the programe will feature performances from the New Tour.

It also reports the Stones will anounce dates for the UK/Europeon leg of the tour later this month. Of course IORR got there first!

Its all hotting up!

Alex
10-04-02 07:00 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The Daily Maily reported yesterday that there will be a Top Of The Pops 2 Rolling Stones Special to be broadcasted in November. It says the programe will feature performances from the New Tour.

It also reports the Stones will anounce dates for the UK/Europeon leg of the tour later this month. Of course IORR got there first!

Its all hotting up!

Alex

Does that fucking clot Jamie Theakston still do TOTPS? He is an absolute knob! When I was last in The UK I watched a show called The Priory, AAAAAArrrrrrrrrgggggggg! Zoe Ball, and Jamie Theakston what a pair!
10-04-02 07:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think he still presents the show. I dont usually watch it. But this is TOTP 2 the Stones will be on. This is usually quite a bad programe. Steve Wright the Presenter just shows clips of awful 80s bands. You might get the odd Stones clip here and there, but nothing you have'nt seen before. Thats what this special is going to be. A load of boring clips of them doing "Lets Spend The Night Together" which you have seen a million times. Theres an intresting performance of them doing "Heart Of Stone" from a TOTP Special they did in 1965. Apart from that clip, the bloody BBC has lost the rest of the tape. I remeber Brian wearing a David Crosby Byrds style jacket. Very trendy. lol

At least they are talking about showing some clips from the tour though. Its going to be worth watching.

The Priory was an AWFUL AWFIL Programme. Thank god its over

Alex
10-04-02 07:21 AM
gypsymofo60 It amazes me that no-one has ever given us a comprehensive VHS, or DVD collection of Stones clips, even though much of the old TV studio stuff can be leased. Have you ever seen the TOTPS version of 'Brown Sugar'? - An absolute fucking classic. The 'Priory's dead'!.....Ohhhhhhh! Shame! Good fucking riddance!
10-04-02 08:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yes i think i have seen that clip. Though not all of it. The best stuff are the clips off "Ready Steady Go" They are all still around. I have some on video. Of course the Ed Sullivan stuff is still available too.
10-04-02 11:38 AM
Scot Rocks The only Stones performance I have seen on TOTP2 was The Last Time 1965 I think, when that weird guy lol Jimmy Saville was presenting it, I think it was the first ever TOTP that one actually, maybe that is was a special programme that I saw it on.

Mark
10-05-02 03:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man Its not the first ever TOTP, however it could be the earliest surviving episode. The BBC lost the first episode. Suprise Suprise! In fact, the Stones were on the first episode along with the Hollies. It was broadcast in late 1964

Alex
10-05-02 04:50 PM
Miss U. the TOTPS version of 'Brown Sugar'.....yes it's wicked.
10-05-02 08:03 PM
sonicrock he is the version with jagger got a hat on?? great on the best for me is gimme shelter on i don t know what show when he s dressed like in the 69 us tour with his black and red shirt
10-07-02 06:54 AM
ray This should air 12 October on BBC 2, 23:15 or 22:15 depending where you live.
10-07-02 11:36 AM
jb Elivs #1 in Engalnd ..Stones #2...Sorry HTM...some things never change.
10-08-02 08:02 AM
corgi37 Right on sonicrock, that version of gimme shelter is killer. I maybe wrong, but that maybe from the old grey whistle test. I have only saw the clip once on aussie tv, back during the 81-82 tour. And, surely in this 40th year, a dvd of ALL their clips, or at least, ALL the singles could be released, digitally remastered of course. Of course, where there is no official clip for a song (Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women etc), we can get previously unreleased live versions. And when is ladies and gentlemen and Lets spend the night together (funnily title Time is on our side here in oz) gonna get a dvd release? Not to mention Cocksucker BLues. Surely that can be released. Fuck, it only 30 years. I dont think Truman Copote is in any state to complain about it.
10-08-02 08:17 AM
Chico First ever TOTP. Was taht not when The Swinging Blue Jeans got a kickin' from Mick and Keef for stealing Keiths tomato sauce behind in the BBC canteens.Haha! There was supposidely a big free for all with the boys coming out on top
10-11-02 04:03 AM
padre Anybody know if it's coming from BBC Prime this saturday too?
10-11-02 02:55 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Sat 12 Oct, 10:15 pm - 10:45 pm 30mins (UK time)

Mick Jagger and the lads introduce footage of some of The Rolling Stones' greatest hits, including Let's Spend The Night Together, in a special programme for TOTP2. W/S.

Stereo Widescreen

The TV mags say it is a series of interviews during current tour.......BUT the above is taken from BBC website.