ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Babs - No Class (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10th October 2006 06:54 AM
Jumping Jack Regardless of your political views, Babs has once again proven to be a NO CLASS act. Political dissent and discussion are essential in our system, but this behavior is not constructive, quite boorish, and does her side more harm than good.

VULGAR BABS RIPS BUSH - AND FAN - AT MSG
By BRIGITTE WILLIAMS

October 10, 2006 -- Liberal diva Barbra Streisand gave fans an earful of Bush-bashing last night at Madison Square Garden - then told a man in the audience to "shut the f- - - up" after he heckled her for poking fun at the president.

After serenading fans with some of her greatest hits, Streisand mocked President Bush.

A few dozen people began to heckle her with one man shouting, "What is this, a fund-raiser?"

An incensed Streisand shot back, "Why don't you shut the f- - - up. If you can't take a joke, why don't you leave and get your money back."

The man got up and left.

Stunned fans - many of whom did not hear what started the obscenity-laced outburst - got an apology from Streisand.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost it," the Brooklyn-born singer told the crowd.

The show continued, but Streisand's tirade dominated talk among fans afterwards

"I was surprised," said Nancy Heller, 58, of Westchester. "She yelled at the guy. She actually said the f-word."

10th October 2006 07:11 AM
SweetVirginia
Barbra...please. Shut up and sing.

10th October 2006 07:19 AM
Zeeta Are you what is referred to as a "bush geek"?
10th October 2006 07:52 AM
SweetVirginia
I wouldn't say "bush geek" but I do like to get my political information from sources other than singers.

I saw her on her previous "final" tour 5 or 6 years ago. When she started bashing Bush at that concert (also at MSG) some people in the crowd started booing. That night she didn't snap. She just laughed and said, "Damn, I told the promoter that if we charged $1500 per ticket we'd get a bunch of Republicans in the auidence!"

10th October 2006 09:20 AM
rasputin56 Remember the good ol' days when people used to tell Ronnie to shut up and act? Well, he couldn't do that either but he was much better with that monkey.
10th October 2006 09:40 AM
jb Babs=#1!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply the best !!!!
10th October 2006 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Babs=#1!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply the best !!!!

Amen !

Nanky ?!

10th October 2006 10:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Babs is a big bore. I can't think of a more boring celebrity....well apart from Don Henley maybe.
10th October 2006 10:25 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Babs is a big bore. I can't think of a more boring celebrity....well apart from Don Henley maybe.

She is a dynamic, smart, attreactive, and powerful woman whom many men are intimidated by. Like the fanatics on the right,m she provides us liberals( a term I am proud of) with a voice that will never be silenced....Boruch hashem Babs!!!
10th October 2006 10:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Babs=#1!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply the best !!!!

Young Jake needs to take hold of the reigns on that tour....Michael is too busy trying to paper the stones tour and is allowing his client to attack the "big spenders"

I am sorry you have to see this jb, I know that Babs (both acting and singing) are what really gets your engine going!!!
10th October 2006 10:29 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Young Jake needs to take hold of the reigns on that tour....Michael is too busy trying to paper the stones tour and is allowing his client to attack the "big spenders"

I am sorry you have to see this jb, I know that Babs (both acting and singing) are what really gets your engine going!!!

With little over 20 dates, her tour will easily break 50 million......we are doing a great job. Average prices over $250 per tiucket...all we need is 10-12k.
10th October 2006 10:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

She is a dynamic, smart, attreactive, and powerful woman whom many men are intimidated by. Like the fanatics on the right,m she provides us liberals( a term I am proud of) with a voice that will never be silenced....Boruch hashem Babs!!!

I've got no problem with her politics or her expressing them on stage.
10th October 2006 10:30 AM
jb
quote:

I've got no problem with her politics or her expressing them on stage.

She is also married to handsome James Brolin of Marcus Welby M.D. and Hotel fame.
10th October 2006 10:34 AM
Jumping Jack Rich 70-year old Jews are aghast at her behavior and demanding refunds. The bottom line will be negatively impacted and her gross will suffer. Future show may be wide open!!!
10th October 2006 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Rich 70-year old Jews are aghast at her behavior and demanding refunds. The bottom line will be negatively impacted and her gross will suffer. Future show may be wide open!!!

Never....Atlanta will be a huge success. We hope to see you all !!!
10th October 2006 10:36 AM
F505 Babs: big old bore.
10th October 2006 10:36 AM
Jumping Jack I will still be hungover in New York, LOL!
10th October 2006 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Did Babs ever pose for a Playboy spread?
10th October 2006 10:41 AM
F505
quote:
Did Babs ever pose for a Playboy spread?

Let's hope not.
10th October 2006 10:42 AM
rasputin56 Further proof that Republicans and their ilk aren't that bright. Babs? The unabashed liberal? Speaking out politically on stage? Whoda thunk? The horror...the horror...

That and spending upwards of $1000 to see her. Very humorous.
10th October 2006 10:45 AM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Further proof that Republicans and their ilk aren't that bright. Babs? The unabashed liberal? Speaking out politically on stage? Whoda thunk? The horror...the horror...

That and spending upwards of $1000 to see her. Very humorous.

She will never back down from the righties.....Unlike the democrats, she has a spine. We should win this election with ease, but our pitiful leaders have no fucking spine whatsoever....Bush's own party, by and large, has abandoned him, yet, we can't ghet a coherent mesaage out. Very pitiful.
10th October 2006 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
Did Babs ever pose for a Playboy spread?

Yes , in 1981 ( Huge Wolf Puss )

Wolfy !
10th October 2006 10:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

She will never back down from the righties.....Unlike the democrats, she has a spine. We should win this election with ease, but our pitiful leaders have no fucking spine whatsoever....Bush's own party, by and large, has abandoned him, yet, we can't ghet a coherent mesaage out. Very pitiful.

Sadly, Babs is not the person to get that message out!
10th October 2006 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, Babs is not the person to get that message out!

Oh-I guess you are . Someone featured as a "human interest story" certainly has street credibility.
10th October 2006 10:48 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes , in 1981 ( Huge Wolf Puss )

Wolfy !

How do you know?
10th October 2006 10:49 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Oh-I guess you are . Someone featured as a "human interest story" certainly has street credibility.

Sadly , Barbra will NOT be performing at the QWEST CENTER
10th October 2006 10:49 AM
Some Guy eh.
10th October 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway Lets all show some respect and keep in mind that this is Bab's final farewell tour.

Until her next one.
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

How do you know?

Because .......... I KNOW my WOLF PUSS .

" 1978 was Vintage Wolf Ronnie "

Kins
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Sadly , Barbra will NOT be performing at the QWEST CENTER

I have ordered my new car as well as Who tickets at Sunrise.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)