ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Coming To Solider Field-Need Advice/Info Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th October 2006 02:52 AM
KWarner Hi, Coming from St. Louis to Solider Field. Can anyone familiar with Solider Field tell me if I will be under cover from the predicted bad weather in Sec 320? I don't really care but my 13 yr. old daughter will. Also, If tickets are not selling well what are the chances of moving down to a better seat? How's the view from 320? Iv'e had excellent seats in Milwaukee and St. Louis. But these Chicago seats are pretty high up there! I would like for my daughter to at least be able to see the band. Finally, If we will be there early, whats the best lot to park on, get the hell out and back on 55 in a timely manner? I have been all around Solider Field many times, Aquarium, Planetarium, etc. But have never had to park or been to a large event. I realize this is a lot of questions. Are there any Chicago natives or veteran Chicago concert goers that can help me? THANKS!!
10th October 2006 09:51 AM
nanatod I'd consider parking downtown, in the Loop's business district, at any of its various parking garages, and then cabbing it to Soldier Field, and taking a cab (if you can get one) or a bus back to your car after the show.

During the World Cup in 1994, I know that many of the European tourists actually walked the twelve blocks from downtown hotels like the (then) Bismark to Soldier Field, but due to the expected inclement weather tomorrow, you and your daughter may not want to do that.
10th October 2006 09:55 AM
KWarner Thanks for the advice.
10th October 2006 10:42 AM
KWarner Does anyone know if I will be able to park on Solider Field lots or close by if I get there early? I should be there by early afternoon. My fear is that they will kick people off the lots after "business" day and start over for the concert. I would not be this concerned, but I will have my daughter and when you factor in the weather, this could be a big problem ie: cabs, buses, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
10th October 2006 11:04 AM
Saint Sway best thing you can do is scalp a ticket on the cheap. This show is wide open. Shouldnt be a problem upgrading to a better seat once you're in the stadium

a few things that you should do at the show:

• Look for the WGN News truck. Introduce yourself and tell them a good human interest story about yourself. Make one up even. Like how you have a wooden leg, survived a terrible bout with flank pain or have a large cape collection.

• pre-party at a local tavern before the show. Call the local bars to see who has a U2 cover band. This is where the happening party will be. Walk in and introduce yourself as "one of the Lotus people"

• wear a Packers jersey

• crank Journey on your car stereo and sing loudly. Don't worry Pug will find you and you will be greeted!

• ask him why he wears a ring around his neck and what High School he goes to?

• at the souvenier stand, hold up your concert ticket and say: "I'm here for my free t-shirt!"

• when you settle into your seats ask the folks around you: "Anyone else just here for Kanye?"

• ask anyone you bump into with a Jew fro: "Hey are you JB?"

• at the start of each song, shout out "OH SHIT! We're gettin Louisville'd!!! DAMN YOU PUG! DAMN YOU!!"

good luck and have a great time!
10th October 2006 11:14 AM
voodoopug
quote:
KWarner wrote:
Does anyone know if I will be able to park on Solider Field lots or close by if I get there early? I should be there by early afternoon. My fear is that they will kick people off the lots after "business" day and start over for the concert. I would not be this concerned, but I will have my daughter and when you factor in the weather, this could be a big problem ie: cabs, buses, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

You can park near Soldier, but getting there will be a total bitch, The Dan Ryan is completely torn up and traffic in and out is a nightmare anytime after 3. The easiest way is to park in the Loop and then take a cab, or walk. I usually park on Michigan Ave south of 2nd street and as close to Roosevelt as possible as there is a walking path directly into the stadium from there. Cabs are a plenty on Michigan after Bears games, and this will be a smaller crowd. Cabs directly outside the stadium are tough, but if you walk the 10 minutes East to Michigan, Cabbies will basically run each other off the road to pick you up as there is always tons of them.

Dress warm and in layers.

If you see Saint Sway, give him a dollar and ask him to pass it on to Chris Robinson as he has lost his "sugar mama". He will be easy to find, he will be hanging out at "The Loving Cup"

One more tip....taking his advice and wearing a Packer Jersey in the south loop will alleviate any concerns you have about transportation, but sadly, the ambulances are not comfortable for everyone inside. There are too many "Saint Sway's" in Chicago that take the Bears-Packers stuff a little too far.
10th October 2006 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
best thing you can do is scalp a ticket on the cheap. This show is wide open. Shouldnt be a problem upgrading to a better seat once you're in the stadium

a few things that you should do at the show:

• Look for the WGN News truck. Introduce yourself and tell them a good human interest story about yourself. Make one up even. Like how you have a wooden leg, survived a terrible bout with flank pain or have a large cape collection.

• pre-party at a local tavern before the show. Call the local bars to see who has a U2 cover band. This is where the happening party will be. Walk in and introduce yourself as "one of the Lotus people"

• wear a Packers jersey

• crank Journey on your car stereo and sing loudly. Don't worry Pug will find you and you will be greeted!

• ask him why he wears a ring around his neck and what High School he goes to?

• at the souvenier stand, hold up your concert ticket and say: "I'm here for my free t-shirt!"

• when you settle into your seats ask the folks around you: "Anyone else just here for Kanye?"

• ask anyone you bump into with a Jew fro: "Hey are you JB?"

• at the start of each song, shout out "OH SHIT! We're gettin Louisville'd!!! DAMN YOU PUG! DAMN YOU!!"

good luck and have a great time!

You play Hardball !!!!
10th October 2006 11:28 AM
jb Good post.
10th October 2006 11:31 AM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

We don't even get Kanye. Because the show is so "wide open" we get XRT artist Elvis Costello, so Norm Winer has something to promote to his aging radio listenership.
10th October 2006 11:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

We don't even get Kanye. Because the show is so "wide open" we get XRT artist Elvis Costello, so Norm Winer has something to promote to his aging radio listenership.

I will probably not be greeting anyone who is heading towards the stadium to see Elvis's set!
10th October 2006 11:41 AM
nanatod
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I will probably not be greeting anyone who is heading towards the stadium to see Elvis's set!

It could be worse, voodoopug.

In return for the use of its promotional machine, WXRT could have demanded that one of its other "XRT artists" be the opener -- imagine (or don't) the BoDeans or Poi Dog opening, with smarmy Lin Brehmer introducing them.
10th October 2006 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Show is very open ..only 26k asof last week, We are working hard to get 40k by game time. Much like Boston, one too many shows for this oversaturated market.
[Edited by jb]
10th October 2006 11:45 AM
KWarner Thank all of you for the quality and not so quality advice. It will come in handy. A few points:

1. I hate the Packers

2. I will not wear a Packers jersey, but likely will wear a Cardinals hat as I am from St. Louis and they are still in the playoffs.

3. I like Elvis Costello

4. Im REALLY hoping for a alternate setlist

5. In my younger days, it would have been nice to meet some of you and hang out. But, Im now old, sober and traveling with a 13 yr. old daughter who realizes Im just not too cool anymore!!!

Thanks again
10th October 2006 11:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Show is very open ..only 26k asof last week, We are working hard to get 40k by game time. Much like Boston, one too many shows for this oversaturated market.
[Edited by jb]

is the money guaranteed up front? Or will they wind up oweing the place money after the gig like what happened with The Voodoo Pugs?
10th October 2006 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

is the money guaranteed up front? Or will they wind up oweing the place money after the gig like what happened with The Voodoo Pugs?

Guaranteed..Cohl is no Vodoopug.
10th October 2006 11:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

OUCH !!!!!

Tough Crowd Today .
10th October 2006 11:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Guaranteed..Cohl is no Vodoopug.

Sadly, I am not to thank for that horrendous negotiation!
10th October 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I am not to thank for that horrendous negotiation!

This is one that just won't go away. It was the first time I was actually embarrassed for you as a friend. I am glad you have taken steps to avoid anything like this in the future.
10th October 2006 12:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

This is one that just won't go away. It was the first time I was actually embarrassed for you as a friend. I am glad you have taken steps to avoid anything like this in the future.

JB, you need to loosen the bandana as your memory is clearly slipping.

have you already forgotten Louisville?

do I have to post the Wildwood photos?
10th October 2006 12:09 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
KWarner wrote:

5. In my younger days, it would have been nice to meet some of you and hang out. But, Im now old, sober and traveling with a 13 yr. old daughter who realizes Im just not too cool anymore!!!

Is this her first Stones concert? I took my 16-year-old to Radio City in March and Foxboro in September. Even jaded emo kids love the Stones live!

Have a great time....hope you don't get too cold. Maybe you got some decent advice through this thread along with all the silliness. As you can see, this is an asylum.

Enjoy the show!

SV

10th October 2006 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

JB, you need to loosen the bandana as your memory is clearly slipping.

have you already forgotten Louisville?

do I have to post the Wildwood photos?

Wildwood was another low...the black dew rag on his head and the painful playing were too much to bear as well. Louisville was a joint mistake...it did, however, sell well.
10th October 2006 12:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Wildwood was another low...the black dew rag on his head and the painful playing were too much to bear as well.

does it pain you that he drives all over God's country in a Dodge Durango?
10th October 2006 12:46 PM
jb Not a vehicle I would voluntarily drive, but better than a mini van.
10th October 2006 12:51 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Good I didn't want to meet you again anyway!
10th October 2006 12:52 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good I didn't want to meet you again anyway!

Funnny-and probably true!!!!
10th October 2006 12:53 PM
Saint Sway by using Pug's ADADOODADADAY method, I have safely decided to avoid this show at all costs as it will be nothing short of a train wreck. This has all the makings to be the worst show of the tour. Lowest attendance, horrible weather conditions, lame pre-show party, European set list, 18 songs and out... plus Pug in attendance - he has proven, so far, to be the "jinx" factor (see: Fenway, Louisville, Bono guest spot in Chicago...)
10th October 2006 12:53 PM
glencar
quote:
KWarner wrote:
Thank all of you for the quality and not so quality advice. It will come in handy. A few points:

1. I hate the Packers

2. I will not wear a Packers jersey, but likely will wear a Cardinals hat as I am from St. Louis and they are still in the playoffs.

3. I like Elvis Costello

4. Im REALLY hoping for a alternate setlist

Thanks again

Are you raelly football semi-star Kurt warner? And are you really sober????
10th October 2006 12:55 PM
jb Sandy Patti-the Christian singer?
10th October 2006 12:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you raelly football semi-star Kurt warner?

Yes. Obviously. Kurt Warner can only afford level 300 tickets.

10th October 2006 12:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes. Obviously. Kurt Warner can only afford level 300 tickets.

It happens to everyone at some point in their life. Maybe if he sidled up to Sideshow Bob aka Blondie C...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)