ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago - NO FIRE SALE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th October 2006 03:24 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Total B.S.

And can someone please tell Joey the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in Lake Superior NOT Lake Michigan

That is all for now

Carry on

Oh , Pick ... Pick ... Pick !

Where is me Dope ?!

[kins]
[Edited by Joey]
9th October 2006 03:27 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
26k..lmao!!!! I feel bad for LJ, Parmeda, Pug ...this is a true embarassment on par with Buffalo 97....Chicago is not remotely a Stones city anymore....this show needs to be cancelled post haste.

Don't go there birthday boy...

All of the REAL men...(yeah, the ones that aren't afraid of a little snow) will no doubt be attending! The ones that have ran south to no longer endure temps under 75 degrees, nor (god forbid) withstand a wet spot on their leather

...CAN STAY THERE!!!

A blizzard could descend upon our city...we ain't running anywhere, jb

[Edited by parmeda]
9th October 2006 03:27 PM
GotToRollMe It is not gonna snow for the show.
I will it not to.
9th October 2006 03:42 PM
Joey

Tele ?!

9th October 2006 03:53 PM
SweetVirginia Fans arriving at Soldier Field:

9th October 2006 03:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Tele ?!

9th October 2006 03:54 PM
SweetVirginia Official T-shirt for Chicago concert:

9th October 2006 04:00 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I read on Shidoobee that Dunkin Donuts is giving away free Stones tix!!!!!!!!

I am not kidding.

I blame COHL for this!!!!!!!!!!

And jb.....YOU went to Louisville....you cannot comment.

LJ.

A radio station, The Drive, is giving away 8 (eight tickets) at a Dunkin Donuts

2 tickets every 15 min for 1 hr

Whoopie shit
9th October 2006 04:00 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Whoopie shit

http://www.iglesiaeste.com/Imagenes/Musica/Sandy_Patty/11.jpg
9th October 2006 04:03 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

http://www.iglesiaeste.com/Imagenes/Musica/Sandy_Patty/11.jpg

I didn't know Tipper Gore sang jb
9th October 2006 04:05 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

It is a beautiful stadium .

Well Done Chicago .
9th October 2006 04:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
It is not gonna snow for the show.
I will it not to.

..ironically enough, they have been rehearsing "She was hot" again recently. The "cold Chicago night" line and the prediction of inclement weather would suggest that if theyre finally going to dust this one off and premiere it, it'll be at this show.
9th October 2006 04:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:

..ironically enough, they have been rehearsing "She was hot" again recently. The "cold Chicago night" line and the prediction of inclement weather would suggest that if theyre finally going to dust this one off and premiere it, it'll be at this show.

Hopefully

I saw them in Chicago in January a couple of yrs ago and it was 20 below

Mick came out and said "I froze my fucking balls off coming over here"
9th October 2006 04:11 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

I didn't know Tipper Gore sang jb

Sandy Patti-great christian singer. Many prayers needed to fill up Soldiers.............
9th October 2006 04:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Hopefully

I saw them in Chicago in January a couple of yrs ago and it was 20 below

Mick came out and said "I froze my fucking balls off coming over here"

It must have been mighty cold in his limo and suite!
9th October 2006 04:14 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It must have been mighty cold in his limo and suite!

Chicago's human interest story is , sadly, losing interest.
9th October 2006 04:20 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

solid postin.
9th October 2006 04:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

you have turned your back on children with diabetes.....Sadly, you will be rewarded with no spot near the stage in Texas!
9th October 2006 04:22 PM
telecaster
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

solid postin.

Dudes gettin old
9th October 2006 04:24 PM
Joey " Dudes gettin old"

9th October 2006 04:39 PM
Michael Cohl The following products will be for sale at all merchandise tables at the Chicago show

9th October 2006 04:40 PM
nanatod
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Telecaster, I'd like to win those tickets, as I have not yet purchased tickets for the Stones show Wednesday, as I had unforeseen expenses arise like getting my car's electrical system fixed again.

However, as much as I love the Stones, and would love to see them again in inclement weather (only other time seeing them in concert was in the mud of the lawn of Alpine Valley during Steel Wheels), there is no way I can ever listen to what you identify as "The Drive," and what I refer to as "The Drivel."

I don't think I've ever heard a more wussy radio station than "the Drivel."

Maybe by Wednesday morning, there will be some good deals on craigslist, or else maybe someone will have some affordable extras at Grace O'Malleys.

9th October 2006 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:
The following products will be for sale at all merchandise tables at the Chicago show

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

9th October 2006 05:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Telecaster, I'd like to win those tickets, as I have not yet purchased tickets for the Stones show Wednesday, as I had unforeseen expenses arise like getting my car's electrical system fixed again.

However, as much as I love the Stones, and would love to see them again in inclement weather (only other time seeing them in concert was in the mud of the lawn of Alpine Valley during Steel Wheels), there is no way I can ever listen to what you identify as "The Drive," and what I refer to as "The Drivel."

I don't think I've ever heard a more wussy radio station than "the Drivel."

Maybe by Wednesday morning, there will be some good deals on craigslist, or else maybe someone will have some affordable extras at Grace O'Malleys.

i was in the lawn section in 89 at Alpine...it was almost like a "mudslide" If I recall...I particularly enjoyed "dead flowers" and "Play With Fire" those nights! Sadly, I was only 12 at the time though, and my memory has since been altered with visions of middle of the night diaper changes and looking up on the internet how to get play doh from a pugs fur.
9th October 2006 05:31 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i was in the lawn section in 89 at Alpine...it was almost like a "mudslide" If I recall...I particularly enjoyed "dead flowers" and "Play With Fire" those nights! Sadly, I was only 12 at the time though, and my memory has since been altered with visions of middle of the night diaper changes and looking up on the internet how to get play doh from a pugs fur.

The National Weather Service is now forecasting ' Blizzard Conditions ' for Wednesday Evening in Chicago .

May I recommend a snow shovel for the gig .
9th October 2006 05:33 PM
telecaster If anyone sees Michael Cohl can you kick him in the balls about 50 times for me

Thanks in advance

RECORD COLD FOR MID WEEK

Tom Skilling, WGN-TV chief meteorologist
Chicagoans flirt with record cold later this week

Published October 9, 2006

Columbus Day will be cooler than this past weekend, but nothing like the cold expected later this week. Today's slightly below-normal highs will probably be the warmest readings Chicagoans will experience until perhaps the middle of next week. The upper-air pattern is forecast to change drastically in the next 36 hours.

Presently, winds at 30,000 feet over Chicago are southwest around 40 m.p.h. with the 100 m.p.h.-plus core of the jet stream situated along the U.S./Canada border. By Wednesday, the jet stream flow will shift north-south with a core of 150 m.p.h.-plus winds just to the west through the Dakotas and western Iowa. An Arctic-source high pressure air mass will be steered directly south through Canada into the western Great Lakes and Midwest. By Thursday, there's a good chance snow will blanket northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan, while the Chicago area is hit with record cold (highs in the 30s Thursday) and snow flurries.
9th October 2006 05:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
telecaster wrote:
If anyone sees Michael Cohl can you kick him in the balls about 50 times for me

Thanks in advance

RECORD COLD FOR MID WEEK

Columbus Day will be cooler than this past weekend, but nothing like the cold expected later this week. Today's slightly below-normal highs will probably be the warmest readings Chicagoans will experience until perhaps the middle of next week. The upper-air pattern is forecast to change drastically in the next 36 hours.

Presently, winds at 30,000 feet over Chicago are southwest around 40 m.p.h. with the 100 m.p.h.-plus core of the jet stream situated along the U.S./Canada border. By Wednesday, the jet stream flow will shift north-south with a core of 150 m.p.h.-plus winds just to the west through the Dakotas and western Iowa. An Arctic-source high pressure air mass will be steered directly south through Canada into the western Great Lakes and Midwest. By Thursday, there's a good chance snow will blanket northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan, while the Chicago area is hit with record cold (highs in the 30s Thursday) and snow flurries.

dudes getting cold.
9th October 2006 05:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

The National Weather Service is now forecasting ' Blizzard Conditions ' for Wednesday Evening in Chicago .

May I recommend a snow shovel for the gig .

Per Chicago Park District (They operate Soldier Field):

Prohibited Items
The following items are NOT permitted to be brought into the stadium:

* Alcoholic beverages
* Backpacks
* Bags and purses larger than 8"x11"x12"
* Balloons and beach balls
* Cans, bottles or other beverage containers
* Confetti
* Coolers
* Fireworks, smoke bombs
* Ice chests
* Illegal drugs
* Laser pens and pointers
* Noise-making devices (ie/horns, whistles, etc.)
* Poles to display banners or flags
* Umbrellas
* Video or movie cameras
* Weapons
* Stroller
* Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate

Sadly, I fear they will consider snow shovels "Dangerous and inappropriate"
9th October 2006 05:37 PM
LadyJane OH....FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!

Think of this as an adventure.

We aren't going into this unprepared.

I don't care what I need to bring, I'm NOT going to let the elements prevent me from having a great time.

WE are die hard fans.

WE can do this.

I accept the challenge of Mother Nature.

Word.

LJ.
9th October 2006 05:40 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
telecaster wrote:
If anyone sees Michael Cohl can you kick him in the balls about 50 times for me

Thanks in advance

RECORD COLD FOR MID WEEK

Oh Please stop!! If I can withstand being drenched to the bone in Louisville( and it was not warm then either), I can take a "little" cold breeze off the Lake for a 2 hour concert. Lets just hope those skinny musicians can take it!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)