ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: North Korea goes nuclear(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10th October 2006 07:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Me thinks the next military engagement is about to begin. . . and it's not going to be North Korea. Are you listening Iran?

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,116005,00.html?ESRC=navynews.RSS

Well I read that as a standard deployment,but there is no doubt that Iran is becoming very ballsy with their rehetoric. So who knows? As for NK,I think we should just arm Taiwan to the teeth,and give Japan a greenlight to rearm and change their constitution. That will light a fire under China's ass and get them to strong arm this freak Kim Il Jong.

Riffy
10th October 2006 07:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Two months ago the US conducted the largest naval operations since WWII
in the Pacific

In addition, Bush months ago transferred 6 additional submarines with 900
"Deep Strike" cruise missles off the coast of NK

They are sitting there now and have been for some time

There is a reporter from The Nation claiming that this carrier groups destination is the Persian Gulf for action with Iran. I didn't find it sourced anywhere else so I posted what the military has confirmed.

BTW cool story about last night!
10th October 2006 08:22 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I too think it's time to get out of Iraq. Throw another election, declare victory & head for home.

Ditto.

I think the concern over N. Korean nukes is as moonie stated. Remember that N. Korea is nearly completely non-integrated into the world economy, much as China was 40 years ago. The are very small, though, and may think they have little to lose in a nuclear exchange. By contrast, China has every reason to want to avoid trouble and is probably the best hope of reining Kim in.
10th October 2006 09:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Ditto.

I think the concern over N. Korean nukes is as moonie stated. Remember that N. Korea is nearly completely non-integrated into the world economy, much as China was 40 years ago. The are very small, though, and may think they have little to lose in a nuclear exchange. By contrast, China has every reason to want to avoid trouble and is probably the best hope of reining Kim in.

Neither Iran nor North Korea are capable of understanding or caring with respect to MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)...such kept the USA and USSR in check during the cold war...and keeps Pakistan and India in check now...these mofos is straight up crazy...both part of the dictactor contingent....kill a commie...boycott Wal-Mart

But to date I applaud the left wing fringe...no one has yet suggested that this is all a ruse concocted by Rove to distract Americans from the Foley matter
10th October 2006 09:18 PM
Fiji Joe And does anyone get the feeling that Japan, South Korea and the USA are trying awful hard to explain this as a dud or non-detonation....why?..I can see some logic in denying it is the case...even if it happened...I mean Il must be going nuts he can't get credit for his insanity
10th October 2006 09:23 PM
rasputin56 Well, is he nuts or is he going nuts? Typical, always wanting it both ways.
10th October 2006 09:27 PM
rasputin56
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

There is a reporter from The Nation claiming that this carrier groups destination is the Persian Gulf for action with Iran. I didn't find it sourced anywhere else so I posted what the military has confirmed.

BTW cool story about last night!

Actually, the Navy Times confirmed in response to the Nation article that the Eisenhower group was on it's way there but they described the deployment as "normal".
[Edited by rasputin56]
10th October 2006 09:29 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
And does anyone get the feeling that Japan, South Korea and the USA are trying awful hard to explain this as a dud or non-detonation....why?..I can see some logic in denying it is the case...even if it happened...I mean Il must be going nuts he can't get credit for his insanity

Even stranger, look at the most recent conflicting reports:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061011/pl_afp/nkoreanuclearweapons_061011004946;_ylt=AtG04eyt5vv8VVk0H4Jn2fWCscEA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/North_Korea
10th October 2006 09:32 PM
telecaster They wouldn't use Navy aircraft to attack NK

Cruise missles and B-2's
10th October 2006 09:32 PM
telecaster Where is the UN in all this???

Worthless
10th October 2006 09:33 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Well, is he nuts or is he going nuts? Typical, always wanting it both ways.

Not exactly a think tank are ya?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
10th October 2006 09:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Neither Iran nor North Korea are capable of understanding or caring with respect to MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)...such kept the USA and USSR in check during the cold war...and keeps Pakistan and India in check now...these mofos is straight up crazy...both part of the dictactor contingent....kill a commie...boycott Wal-Mart

But to date I applaud the left wing fringe...no one has yet suggested that this is all a ruse concocted by Rove to distract Americans from the Foley matter

I agree with you Feej with one exception. It's true that both the Imams and Amniwhatshisfuck of Iran are radical Islamofacists and would use a nuke just out of respect for Allah. They are crazy bastards to be sure.

North Korea's Kim "Dear Leader" Jong Il is just plain nuts. No religious conviction at all with this freak. Other than the fact that he promotes himself as of devine birth. However,the difference is that with NK there is real presure that could be brought to bear by China.

China uses NK as a sock puppet in the region. They could cut off that North Korea's power overnight. So I think that just the threat of the US arming Taiwan,South Korea,and Japan would prompt China to reel this bastard in. That and majors tariffs and trade sanctions and China will be forced to capitulate.

Right?

Riffy
10th October 2006 09:39 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I agree with you Feej with one exception. It's true that both the Imams and Amniwhatshisfuck of Iran are radical Islamofacists and would use a nuke just out of respect for Allah. They are crazy bastards to be sure.

North Korea's Kim "Dear Leader" Jong Il is just plain nuts. No religious conviction at all with this freak. Other than the fact that he promotes himself as of devine birth. However,the difference is that with NK there is real presure that could be brought to bear by China.

China uses NK as a sock puppet in the region. They could cut off that North Korea's power overnight. So I think that just the threat of the US arming Taiwan,South Korea,and Japan would prompt China to reel this bastard in. That and majors tariffs and trade sanctions and China will be forced to capitulate.

Right?

Riffy

I agree with most all of that...don't overlook China's cock-blocking with respect to UN sanctions against Iran...It's time we played some cards in Asia
10th October 2006 09:44 PM
Poplar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

don't overlook China's cock-blocking

many centuries of cock-blocking over there.
10th October 2006 09:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I agree with most all of that...don't overlook China's cock-blocking with respect to UN sanctions against Iran...It's time we played some cards in Asia

For sure. China has been playing the UN Security Council like a drum. It's high time that we start making some serious chess moves in South East Asia. We had better get some allies up to speed on the military option. With hopes,of course,that the threat alone could help force China's hand.

Riffy
10th October 2006 10:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

For sure. China has been playing the UN Security Council like a drum. It's high time that we start making some serious chess moves in South East Asia. We had better get some allies up to speed on the military option. With hopes,of course,that the threat alone could help force China's hand.

Riffy

It's funny...but our best hopes in that regard are the two nations that took so many of our lives last century...think about it
11th October 2006 09:29 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You're not all there today...you didn't answer a single question I asked...yet I answered all of yours...but you did manage to imply I'm a nazi...how very flea of you...
your intellectual inferiority has been shown...for all to see...thanks for playing...next!

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

HA! Great stuff! Marxist/Commies/Nazis whatever. Talk about intellectual inferiority, can't even recognize your own hypocrisy. Too funny. As a devotee of Bush, I'm guessing you know a little bit about both, though. But then again, isn't intellectual inferiority something to be praised amongst the Republican set? After all, anyone with long-winded, over-analysed policies that may appear to be nuanced, can't be seen in strict black or white terms, and/or can't be summed up in a short, moronic, easily-chanted phrase is treated as an aloof, intellectual egghead, right? That would be bad.

Considering the audience: Diplomacy-Sanctions-Military. My more detailed analysis will be appearing in "Foreign Affairs" in the months to come. I doubt any of you will read it, nor should any of you care what my "plan" is.

Now, can I dare question our worthy of worship Dubya? Although, not that having a plan hasn't hindered Republicans for ignoring their own non-plans by criticizing Clinton who has been out of office for quite awhile now.

I'm still trying to figure out how inaction is considered a "plan" and why everyone is getting so uptight about this. If we really didn't want them to get the bomb, wouldn't we have tried to do something about it over the past 5+ years? If no one was willing to "correct" Clinton's "failures" as Bush's Bitch With No Plan McCain is sqwacking about, why should we get so bent or even surprised about them actually going nuclear? Then again the only two groups happy about this so-called test are the North Koreans and the Republicans.

In other news and another example of how well the no plan plan works, 650,000 Iraqis are claimed to have been killed and have been liberated permanently. Yes, I'm sure that number is extremely high but is the real number even remotely close? Half? 1/3?
11th October 2006 09:45 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

HA! Great stuff! Marxist/Commies/Nazis whatever. Talk about intellectual inferiority, can't even recognize your own hypocrisy. Too funny. As a devotee of Bush, I'm guessing you know a little bit about both, though. But then again, isn't intellectual inferiority something to be praised amongst the Republican set? After all, anyone with long-winded, over-analysed policies that may appear to be nuanced, can't be seen in strict black or white terms, and/or can't be summed up in a short, moronic, easily-chanted phrase is treated as an aloof, intellectual egghead, right? That would be bad.

Considering the audience: Diplomacy-Sanctions-Military. My more detailed analysis will be appearing in "Foreign Affairs" in the months to come. I doubt any of you will read it, nor should any of you care what my "plan" is.

Now, can I dare question our worthy of worship Dubya? Although, not that having a plan hasn't hindered Republicans for ignoring their own non-plans by criticizing Clinton who has been out of office for quite awhile now.

I'm still trying to figure out how inaction is considered a "plan" and why everyone is getting so uptight about this. If we really didn't want them to get the bomb, wouldn't we have tried to do something about it over the past 5+ years? If no one was willing to "correct" Clinton's "failures" as Bush's Bitch With No Plan McCain is sqwacking about, why should we get so bent or even surprised about them actually going nuclear? Then again the only two groups happy about this so-called test are the North Koreans and the Republicans.

In other news and another example of how well the no plan plan works, 650,000 Iraqis are claimed to have been killed and have been liberated permanently. Yes, I'm sure that number is extremely high but is the real number even remotely close? Half? 1/3?

No see...you ask a question I answer...I ask a question, you're supposed to answer...that's how civil discussions take place...you don't take 24 hours and come back with another lame ass, long winded, off topic, babbling, name calling...it shouldn't take you that long...unless you're an imbecile...and I don't even mind the name calling if there is an articulated point in there somewhere...but I just wasted my time reading 5 paragraphs of dribble indicative of a man who is off his medication and who was beaten as a child...you suck at this...and everyone here sees that...I know it kills you to be a non-factor, but, that is exactly what you are...you're like Chuck, except with all the bells and whistles

11th October 2006 10:02 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

No see...you ask a question I answer...I ask a question, you're supposed to answer...that's how civil discussions take place...you don't take 24 hours and come back with another lame ass, long winded, off topic, babbling, name calling...it shouldn't take you that long...unless you're an imbecile...and I don't even mind the name calling if there is an articulated point in there somewhere...but I just wasted my time reading 5 paragraphs of dribble indicative of a man who is off his medication and who was beaten as a child...you suck at this...and everyone here sees that...I know it kills you to be a non-factor, but, that is exactly what you are...you're like Chuck, except with all the bells and whistles

"Civil" discussions? Fiji talks about a "civil" discussion and how it should be held?!

I haven't read this thread throughout, so I won't comment on this in particular, but from my personal experience Fiji, what you tend to do when someone disagrees with you is start calling him / her names. You don't present your side of the story, you don't have any facts to support it (mostly just supporting your own interpretation of them as the one and holy truth) and you don't even agree to disagree. You're being downright rude to people who don't share your opinion and I've seen it hapenning plenty of times. You turn discussions into fights.

I don't know why you do this, if it's just part of your internet persona or a way to let off steam... But perhaps you should think twice before going off at people for no reason.

I don't mean to start another fight, it's just that this comment on holding a "civil" discussion was just too hard to ignore.
11th October 2006 10:14 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
This is a very bad thing. Instead of go after the real threats, like N. Korea and Iran, we are stuck in Iraq .

Have to say you've got a point there JB.

I wish the blame for N. Korea having this capability in the first place, though, would be placed where it belongs: the dynamic duo of Clinton and Albright, who gave them nuclear technology in exchange for simple empty promises that it would only be used for nuclear power.

The idiots who blame the N. Korea situation on Bush (I don't think this includes you) lack even a basic understanding of the last 10 years of history.
11th October 2006 10:24 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Too frickin' funny! I've asked countless questions of the right-wing brain trust here only to be told that Clinton was a perverted traitor while ignoring the fact that Dubya has been president for the past 5+ years. (I can't blame them for trying to forget that miserable failure) Oh, and lately that no plan is the plan? That's it. I'm begging you, stop.

As far as civil discourse, name calling, etc., again, does your hypocrisy know no bounds? Do you actually read what you post? Too funny! Have you ever had your chromosomes counted? Right now there are maybe two of your like minded proteges that are giggling over your spew but that's about it. Good luck with that.

But that's OK, 650,000 dead Iraqis, North Korea has the bomb and Iran soon will. I blame Clinton.

And Carter and maybe the Chinese.

Did I forget Poland?

Great stuff. Keep up the good work.
11th October 2006 10:27 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

"Civil" discussions? Fiji talks about a "civil" discussion and how it should be held?!

I haven't read this thread throughout, so I won't comment on this in particular, but from my personal experience Fiji, what you tend to do when someone disagrees with you is start calling him / her names. You don't present your side of the story, you don't have any facts to support it (mostly just supporting your own interpretation of them as the one and holy truth) and you don't even agree to disagree. You're being downright rude to people who don't share your opinion and I've seen it hapenning plenty of times. You turn discussions into fights.

I don't know why you do this, if it's just part of your internet persona or a way to let off steam... But perhaps you should think twice before going off at people for no reason.

I don't mean to start another fight, it's just that this comment on holding a "civil" discussion was just too hard to ignore.

My experience with you, as long as we're talking that, is that you have zero ability to form complex thought and just like to hear you're own over-emotional dribble...and that you get really angry when someone does not share your tears...then you accuse them of attacking you...you're not cut out for this stuff and you should leave it alone...not trying to start a fight...just an observation
11th October 2006 10:30 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

My experience with you, as long as we're talking that, is that you have zero ability to form complex thought and just like to hear you're own over-emotional dribble...and that you get really angry when someone does not share your tears...then you accuse them of attacking you...you're not cut out for this stuff and you should leave it alone...not trying to start a fight...just an observation

Well, I'm glad you responded that way. Just proves my previous post.

Glad you also know who I am and if I have the ability to form complex thought by some posts on a message board.

I didn't offend you, I just pointed out what I find is a very rude and negative behavior on board. I've experienced it first-hand. In our previous "discussions" I presented my views and the only time I got "angry" was when you started your attacks and name-calling.

Over-emotional, ha!

You're right about one one thing though. I'm not cut out for this stuff. I got better things to do.

Ciao.
11th October 2006 10:32 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Too frickin' funny! I've asked countless questions of the right-wing brain trust here only to be told that Clinton was a perverted traitor while ignoring the fact that Dubya has been president for the past 5+ years. (I can't blame them for trying to forget that miserable failure) Oh, and lately that no plan is the plan? That's it. I'm begging you, stop.

As far as civil discourse, name calling, etc., again, does your hypocrisy know no bounds? Do you actually read what you post? Too funny! Have you ever had your chromosomes counted? Right now there are maybe two of your like minded proteges that are giggling over your spew but that's about it. Good luck with that.

But that's OK, 650,000 dead Iraqis, North Korea has the bomb and Iran soon will. I blame Clinton.

And Carter and maybe the Chinese.

Did I forget Poland?

Great stuff. Keep up the good work.

I sense a flea-like meltdown in your future...the pool has been started...bets are being taken
11th October 2006 10:33 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

You're right about one one thing though. I'm not cut out for this stuff. I got better things to do.

Ciao.

Glad I could help...that's what I do
11th October 2006 10:39 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Have to say you've got a point there JB.

I wish the blame for N. Korea having this capability in the first place, though, would be placed where it belongs: the dynamic duo of Clinton and Albright, who gave them nuclear technology in exchange for simple empty promises that it would only be used for nuclear power.

The idiots who blame the N. Korea situation on Bush (I don't think this includes you) lack even a basic understanding of the last 10 years of history.

That's right. They only had nuke plants before Clinton got into office and as early as 1983 when the Cowboy was in the saddle. But that's OK, don't let facts get in the way. Let's zoom to 2002 because it is now well documented that Clinton drew them maps, plans, hookers, fully supplied them and threw in a concert by his brother. So, when it was discovered that they were sneaking around on the Agreed Framework by trying to enrich uranium, which was a slow process, Dubya too stopped all compliance with the agreement and offered no consequences for North Korea's actions. Just took his ball and went home. With the agreement now broken, the N. Koreans kicked out the international inspectors who had guarded the spent fuel rods that they successfully kept out of Kim's hands for 8 years. With those spent fuel rods, Kim could quickly reprocess them into weapons grade plutonium, much quicker than going the uranium route. Meanwhile, for the past 5 years all we get is "Axis of Evil" and tough talk, no diplomacy not even threats of any kind of action. Now, they may have successfully tested a nuke. Yeah, Clinton needs to face the music.
11th October 2006 10:44 AM
Lethargy
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

That's right. They only had nuke plants before Clinton got into office and as early as 1983 when the Cowboy was in the saddle. But that's OK, don't let facts get in the way. Let's zoom to 2002 because it is now well documented that Clinton drew them maps, plans, hookers, fully supplied them and threw in a concert by his brother. So, when it was discovered that they were sneaking around on the Agreed Framework by trying to enrich uranium, which was a slow process, Dubya too stopped all compliance with the agreement and offered no consequences for North Korea's actions. Just took his ball and went home. With the agreement now broken, the N. Koreans kicked out the international inspectors who had guarded the spent fuel rods that they successfully kept out of Kim's hands for 8 years. With those spent fuel rods, Kim could quickly reprocess them into weapons grade plutonium, much quicker than going the uranium route. Meanwhile, for the past 5 years all we get is "Axis of Evil" and tough talk, no diplomacy not even threats of any kind of action. Now, they may have successfully tested a nuke. Yeah, Clinton needs to face the music.

Your blind partisan devotion, and ignorance, are astounding. There's no point engaging you in logical argument.
11th October 2006 10:46 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I sense a flea-like meltdown in your future...the pool has been started...bets are being taken

Meltdown? Do you mean like Tele's sheep fucking post? Nah, see I realize this is an internet message board. Why would I take anything you or anyone else has to "say" to heart? Obviously, this is the big time for you but that's OK, we've all got to have something. Be all that you can be.
11th October 2006 10:48 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Your blind partisan devotion, and ignorance, are astounding. There's no point engaging you in logical argument.

He remains one of the few who cannot step outside himself and his Al Franken talking points in these debates...most of the others who engage in these discussions have evolved to the point of ideas, instead of platitudes...it's just takes a little effort...my opinion, if you're going to take the time to discuss politics on a Rolling Stones message board, at least make the effort to offer an original idea here or there...I respect that...even when the idea is one I may totally disagree with...
11th October 2006 10:49 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Meltdown? Do you mean like Tele's sheep fucking post? Nah, see I realize this is an internet message board. Why would I take anything you or anyone else has to "say" to heart? Obviously, this is the big time for you but that's OK, we've all got to have something. Be all that you can be.

Read my post below...as I say...if all you're going to do is regurgitate the same name calling over and over (and you're as bad as the worst of them)....why bother?..on a Rolling Stones message board?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)