ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young:Heart of gold DVD? Return to archive
9th October 2006 07:05 AM
marko Whats on it actually? any worth of buying?
9th October 2006 07:26 AM
PartyDoll MEG My two cents worth.....
He performs his album "Prairie Wind" in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Excellent movie, even if you aren't a Neil Young fan. I am, so I loved it. I place it right up there with the best Rock movies, like Gimme Shelter.
9th October 2006 08:07 AM
marko Is it all acoustic? If so,not my cup of tea,i like neils
acoustic songs,i´m fine when he does few songs,like 2-5 is
still ok,but an entire show,its too much for me.
9th October 2006 08:17 AM
PartyDoll MEG It is not entirely acoustic....but it IS pretty "mellow Neil." Still an excellent movie-it is more than just the music...
9th October 2006 01:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot Agreed Meg.

Marko...you need to get it.

Those songs...taken in the context of a man facing brain surgery and an uncertain outcome...is VERY powerful and moving.

It's worth every dollar spent and then some.
9th October 2006 07:13 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Must have, imo.

World premiere of Prairie Wind in it's entirety, and a sublime second set: I Am A Child, Harvest Moon, Heart of Gold, Old Man, Needle & The Damage Done, Old King, Comes A Time, Four Strong Winds, One Of These Days and The Old Laughing Lady.

Beautifully filmed, historic venue, great band, Emmylou ...
What's not to love?

Essential NY.
Buy it tomorrow, and enjoy it forever.

9th October 2006 08:47 PM
Daethgod yep i got it too
i ain't a huge fan, but it farken blew me away

sat down to 'have a quick squiz' at it - and ended up watching the whole thing.

: )
9th October 2006 10:51 PM
Prodigal Son I look forward to picking this up. Listening to Neil on some loing car rides recently (stuff from 69-79, his prime) is just mesmerizing. The man has had an extraordinary career and was the best artist to hit the scene in the 70s. He's like an idol of mine and I think his reputation should be grander than it is right now. Just because he started out after most of the major events that shaped rock and didn't fit into a certain category (maybe singer-songwriter or country rock would include him), he gets overlooked. Neil rules!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)