ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, MT - 4th October 2006 - Setlist, pix and review Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th October 2006 04:22 PM
rocket Sorry about that. If you go to flymissoula.com and click on the webcam, you can watch your boys live. They are loading the plane for Regina. Scheduled departure at around 4:00 p.m. I think. Not sure whether the band is there yet. Cheers.
5th October 2006 04:39 PM
glencar Nice! Looks like Air Canada's about to leave.
5th October 2006 09:32 PM
Gazza Tim from Little Big Horn, Montana (who along with his daughter Nicole texted in the setlist last night) e-mailed me his own review of the show :

Review by timbernardis (Tim from Montana)

This will not really be a “review” so much as a set of comments and observations. First, it should be noted that all of Missoula and much of the state of Montana was captivated by the first EVER appearance of the boys in our geographically huge but population small state. It was truly an Event. The Missoulian had articles for days if not weeks. Television and radio stations across the state featured news segments on the concert.

The concert itself was excellent. I would say that of the now 13 shows I have seen on the A Bigger Bang tour, this was one of the better ones along with Denver, both Madison Square Garden shows in January, and both Twickenham shows. Twickenham I is still the best I have seen on this tour.

At this show, Mick was the most physically animated I have seen on this tour and possibly going back to Steel Wheels. Why I do not know. He was jumping, running, twirling even more than usual. The crowd really responded to him. Several times he mentioned Montana and this being the first show of the band in the state, etc.

The crowd was very into it. I looked around 360 degrees several times and from what I could tell, the entire mass of people both on the floor (pitch) and in the stands (tiers) stood for the entire show or near to that. This includes those sitting the furthest back and highest up away from the stage.

Keith looked more rugged than I have ever seen him. Long plain black jacket, wide red headband, and hair flopping in every direction. But he had the quote of the night, “this is new territory to me, and I’ve been around” (with emphasis on the last three words).

Ronnie had an excellent solo on All Down the Line, basically the same as the original but a bit slower and more choppy. Towards the end of the show, he wore a long tee shirt emblazoned with a large Cassius Clay (for anyone too young to know, that was the birth name of Muhammad Ali).

Charlie was as solid as ever.

The band was really playing hard and I see no reason why they should quit as long as they can keep playing at this level.

5th October 2006 10:35 PM
mark I
5th October 2006 10:35 PM
mark I
5th October 2006 10:51 PM
mark The show was great. I can't complain about setlists. It was a good representation of most all phases of their career. Mick was a bit pissed off on early on as Keith and Ron blew cues and he rifled his harp back across the floor of the stage after Ronnie played over his harp solo during Rambler. I caught Chuck mouthing the words "not yet" to Ronnie during one song, and of course, Keith clanked the intro to Brown Sugar, but stuff like that is a given. Woody really stepped up and did some great solos and fills, Mick is rock's greatest frontman and Keith endeared himself to every person in that stadium just by being himself. Charlie Watts drove the fuckin' bus last night.
6th October 2006 02:40 AM
danielharris627 Awesome.
Any pics??
6th October 2006 01:02 PM
rocket There are some pics at the link below from egriz (scroll to bottom). Also a good review in the Regina newspaper from a couple of media folks here in Missoula. The town is still abuzz.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/index.php

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/story.html?id=e975024c-4c17-4f9b-a9c9-a05be6aa962c
6th October 2006 01:21 PM
Some Guy That is so cool to hear.
6th October 2006 05:54 PM
polytoxic Pretty cool to hear the reports from Montana.
Mick must be loving the energy coming from a first time Stones crowd.
And it's a nice bit of perspective to some of us jaded posters.
Gotta say, though, I've always considered myself a "Keith" guy, but Mick is my new hero. If Keith and Ronnie had the dedication that Mick and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Chuck have to the cause, these shows would be the stuff of all time rock legend.
7th October 2006 06:31 AM
corgi37 I just cant believe its called Grizzly Stadium!
7th October 2006 04:16 PM
Bitch Thanks for the review rocket! The STONES are still on top of thier game! Let it rock!
9th October 2006 12:10 AM
Mandela A word on the concert itself. I did do full frontal body paint of the famous tongue and lips, and I had one of my mate's draw a smashing portrait of each of the boys on my back. At Griz Stadium when the opening act was preforming (BLMC) they shot two 500' images of me with my body paint and everything on the two screens. During the concert I was sitting right next to the catwalk, and this gave me the chance to talk to the roadies I made friends with when building the stage with them a week prior. These cats have been touring around with the Stones since 'Bridges' (it's something special to take home when you know exactly how a Stones stage is constructed). On top of that, the stage crew in New York built the stage in 36 hours, and the crew in Montana set the new record @ 34 hours!

All this aside, let's get to the meat of my story. During the preformance, a man came up to me and asked, "Are you the girl on the cover of the newspaper today?" I responded, "Yes, that's me." He then introduced himself as Keith Richards personal assistant. He told me that they read the article, and they were very impressed and thankful. He said, "We were looking for you, and I found you," he continues, "Ronnie is very impressed, and wanted me to thank you personally, did you know that Blondie Chaplin is also from South Afrika?" I then asked him where in South Africa Blondie is from. He did say that Mick was a little pissed off that I said he was my least favorite (I told that reporter not to put that in the article). He told me that Keith is even more ticked because he wasn't mentioned in the article at all (he was kidding of course). He ended with, "Well, they're looking for you." I said, "Well, I'm right here." He came back 1 minute later before the stage started moving forward towards the B-Stage and said, "Are you alone? Where's your father?" Then he opened the security gate and had me follow him to the B-Stage. He said, "You're in a skirt, would you have trouble climbing up onto something?" I said no and continued following him, smiling at fellow fans behind the security fence. When we got to the B-Stage he said, "I want you on Keith's side, come sit right fucking here..." I responded, "Here, sit here on the stage?" And he ended with, "Yes, sit right fucking here, I want them to see you, they want to see you, and here, take these." He then handed me a handful of 7 of Keith's old guitar picks and the set list from the concert. He then told me to calm down and enjoy.

When the stage 'landed' they all saw me and smiled and played around me. Ronnie was so happy and grateful. Mick gave me a funny look and smiled and laughed, but Keith was the funniest because he just kept laughing at my body paint and was trying to say something but I couldn't understand him.

The stage picked up, and Keith's personal assistant walked me back following the stage. I thanked him, and found my spot and danced all night. I could pay for my college tuition with the guitar picks he gave me... I know this because one of the guys there who told me he had been to 32 concert offered me $600.00 for one guitar pick. I am not a person who sells a gift, and especially not one given to me from Keith personally.
11th October 2006 05:15 AM
corgi37 Greatest bloody post i have ever read. You lucky, lucky, lovely lady.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)