ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman to re-join Stones for a final gig!?! Return to archive
October 9th, 2004 09:46 AM
Back Street Girl WYMAN QUITS LIFE ON ROAD Oct 9 2004

[www.mirror.co.uk]

BILL Wyman said last night he is quitting touring with his band - at the age of 67.

The former Rolling Stone will say farewell to fans on the current Rhythm Kings tour.

On his website Wyman said: "I have a young family... I am missing out on so much of their growing up.

"I'm a musician and I still get off on that. I have learned though that there's a lot more to life than just music."

The former rock bad boy quit the Rolling Stones in 1993.

This week he said he would rejoin them for a final gig - and has not ruled out one-off live appearances.

October 9th, 2004 11:10 AM
Bob Tamp maybe i am reading this wrong, but I see it as saying Bill Wyman will re-join his current band the Kings for some one off shows, not the Stones.
October 9th, 2004 11:14 AM
Bob Tamp May be I am reading this wrong but I
think Wyman means he will re-join the rhythm kings for one off performances and a final gig, not the Stones.
October 9th, 2004 11:17 AM
T&A Bob:

That's the way I read it the first time -but as I read it again, I believe he was talking about a final Stones gig. Whether that could/would ever come to pass is another question entirely. But, interesting that he would put it out there as a possibility.
October 9th, 2004 11:17 AM
glencar If he joins the Stones, I hope they do Emotional Rescue. Go out in a blaze of glory.
October 9th, 2004 11:29 AM
thejuf a final gig with the Stones??? Early retirement? Uhhhh...??

October 9th, 2004 11:51 AM
JaggerLips Doing a one off gig with the Stones? Hmmm I don't see it happening somehow, it would be great if he did. It would be a gas gas gas.
October 9th, 2004 03:01 PM
Soldatti I'm 101% sure that the last gig of the Stones will get surprises and two of that surprises will be Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman.
But that only can happen on the LAST SHOW not before.
October 9th, 2004 06:36 PM
Steel Wheels What would be so special about seeing Bill with the Stones again? I really don't get everyone's love for Bill. His musical contributions were many, but Mr. Jones plays a hell of a bass guitar.

It's not like Bill was an Eric Clapton type of musician, where he was a powerful, unique force. Bill played a good bass in a great band.

Bill, please retire and have fun with whatever you do - you deserve it. But plesae don't muscle in on the Stones.
October 9th, 2004 07:18 PM
T&A jones is a perfectly competent player - but he can't hold Bill's jock as bassist for the Stones. They miss him alot more than he misses them, that's fer sure.
October 9th, 2004 07:38 PM
monkeyman62 either come back for the whole tour or dont come back at all
October 9th, 2004 08:33 PM
nankerphelge Wonder if Bill will start bad-mouthing the Kings?

"Yeah, bunch of slackers"

"I had written a number of great tunes and the guys just ignored them. They liked my amp!

Get stuffed Wyman.

You and Taylor can have the "I shouldn't of left the world's greatest R&R band because now I am a putz on the outside looking in" tour!

Go Ronnie -- play like a wild fucking bastardo!!

Chaz, I love you man -- get good and get going!
October 9th, 2004 08:38 PM
gotdablouse I agree, just watch the LSTNTogether movie and see what Bill brought to the music, some mean nasty bass lines that Jones has never been able to reproduce with his slick jazzy soulless playing :-(
October 9th, 2004 09:34 PM
sirmoonie Wasn't Wyman saying a pre-Licks "Maybe I'll do it, if they call me"?

They didn't call, fishface!

"Stones me, Ronnie!"
October 9th, 2004 10:11 PM
monkeyman62

They didn't call, fishface!

[/quote]
and they never will, you crossed the line and thats that
October 9th, 2004 11:17 PM
plmouth74 I heard this about Wyman as well. Man do we miss him. I also heard Jagger and Richards are talking to a local unsigned band from Long Island secretly about 'buying' one of their songs. I didn't believe it until I heard the album (and wind up buying a copy). \ Go to www.cdbaby.com/cd/societysdogs You need to check this out for yourselves!

WYMAN QUITS LIFE ON ROAD Oct 9 2004

[www.mirror.co.uk]

BILL Wyman said last night he is quitting touring with his band - at the age of 67.

The former Rolling Stone will say farewell to fans on the current Rhythm Kings tour.

On his website Wyman said: "I have a young family... I am missing out on so much of their growing up.

"I'm a musician and I still get off on that. I have learned though that there's a lot more to life than just music."

The former rock bad boy quit the Rolling Stones in 1993.

This week he said he would rejoin them for a final gig - and has not ruled out one-off live appearances.

[/quote]
[Edited by plmouth74]
October 9th, 2004 11:29 PM
Poplar
Society's Dogs... Christ, do they suck.
October 10th, 2004 12:09 AM
Soldatti I'm tired of Bill talking about the Stones but he was very important. Daryl is miles away from he, sad but true. I miss Bill.
October 10th, 2004 01:19 AM
mickjaggersgrl i wish bill whould come back to the group for good, bill was cool
October 10th, 2004 04:05 AM
F505
quote:
mickjaggersgrl wrote:
i wish bill whould come back to the group for good, bill was cool

You mean Billy Preston I guess
October 10th, 2004 05:22 AM
DizzyMichaelDizzy hi everyone!'

are there any photo's of ronnie playing with Bil on stage ??? with the rythm kings
October 10th, 2004 02:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
F505 wrote:
You mean Billy Preston I guess

Billy Preston!
What was Mick thinking...