ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sixty-eight Reasons Why Elvis is the Ultimate Sex God (nsc) Return to archive
October 6th, 2004 03:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sixty-eight Reasons Why Elvis is the Ultimate Sex God

by Kim Adelman

We all know who the ultimate sex goddess is: Marilyn Monroe. But the ultimate sex god? Elvis, of course. Is it because he, like Monroe, died before he lost his allure? That's certainly part of it. Look at Marlon Brando, another Fifties-era idol who could have been a contender but nowadays is nobody's idea of a hunka hunka burning love. Sure, there's James Dean, who remains eternally young and beautiful, and yet Dean is at best a runner up to the King's crown. Why Presley? Any female fan can give you more than a million reasons, but a girl's got to draw the line somewhere. So why is Elvis Presley the ultimate sex god? Let me count the ways...

68 The man even looks sexy disguised as a girl in the 1965 movie GIRL HAPPY.

67. Sexy as a doctor? Several generations of women continue to sigh over Doctor Elvis exhibiting his sensitive side in CHANGE OF HABIT.

66. As a racecar driver? EP makes hearts race in SPINOUT, SPEEDWAY, and VIVA LAS VEGAS.

65. Even female bullfighters find Elvis irresistible in FUN IN ACAPULCO.

64. Lizabeth Scott character's highly credible infatuation in LOVING YOU proves even older women are attracted to the King of Rock and Roll.

63. Appearing uncharacteristically scruffy as a bearded outlaw in CHARRO!, Elvis still manages to steal hearts. Let's just say Elvis looks great dirty!

62. What movie features a more romantic groom than Elvis crooning the "Hawaiian Wedding Song" at the end of BLUE HAWAII?

61. Who looks better in an army uniform? GI BLUES is worth renting just to gawk at everyone's favorite soldier boy.

60. While we're on the subject of Elvis's clothes, let's talk about the infamous jumpsuits. Who can deny the appeal of those very distinctive outfits? As many tribute artists have discovered, donning those fabulous stage costumes (with or without cape) gives a man a special aura that he just doesn't have walking around in everyday street clothes. Three decades later, the American Eagle Aloha jumpsuit retains amazing power. But we can't play favorites. There are so many great jumpsuits, including:

59. Sun Dial.

58. Peacock.

57. Tiger.

56. Tiffany.

55. Burning Love.

54. Indian Feather.

53. Phoenix.

52. Flame.

51. Bear Claw.

50. No one can talk about Elvis's stage clothes without mentioning his most famous outfit of all: the gold lam� suit. How many men could look like the epitome of masculinity while wearing gold lam� and rhinestones? Only Elvis.
49. Rent the 1993 movie TRUE ROMANCE to catch Val Kilmer wandering around in gold lam� as a ghostly Elvis character. Who's sexier -- Elvis or Val?

48. Rent the 1984 movie TOP SECRET, Val Kilmer's first attempt at playing an Elvis-like character. Once again Val doesn't measure up.

47. Another hunk who impersonated Elvis twice is Kurt Russell. How was Kurt in the 2001 movie 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND? Not as good as the real thing.

46. How about a much younger Kurt as Elvis in the 1979 TV bio-pic ELVIS? Probably one of the best imitations, but still a pale imitation compared to the original.

45. Others who dressed up like Elvis in 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND include the aging Kevin Costner, who certainly doesn't have the hair to compete with Elvis.

44. And Christian Slater? Not even young Christian strutting around in a jumpsuit can measure up.

43. What about Harvey Keitel in the 1998 movie FINDING GRACELAND? Those who want to believe Elvis is still alive know that a sixtysomething Elvis would outrank Keitel on the stud scale.

42. Don Johnson played the King in a 1981 TV movie called ELVIS AND THE BEAUTY QUEEN. Any beauty queen would declare the MIAMI VICE star not quite up to par.

41. Michael St. Gerard must be Priscilla's favorite EP substitute because he played teenage Elvis in the TV series she produced. Sorry, St. Gerard, you do have an Elvis look to you, but your earnest portrayal only reminded us how special the real thing is.

40. Can any actor capture the glory that is Elvis strutting through "Hound Dog" on Milton Berle's TV show? Watching that performance nearly half a decade later still makes girls swoon.

39. How about Elvis in top hat and tails singing to a hound dog on Steve Allen's TV show? Steve smugly thought he was neutering Elvis. Instead, Elvis comes across as a guy who has the world by the tail.

38. What about the famous "waist up" appearance on Ed Sullivan's TV show? It's always better to see him in full strut, but even partial Presley excites viewers.

37. Even more censorship -- when Elvis played a concert in Florida, the police filmed the show hoping to arrest him for lewd behavior. Elvis claimed he was only allowed to move his little finger on stage. He demonstrates his pinky performance in the '68 COMEBACK SPECIAL. Yep, he's sexy even moving only one digit!

36. Another headline grabbing sexy performance was his 1957 Pan Pacific concert, where he suggestively rolled around on the stage with a statue of Nipper the RCA dog. Newspaper articles reported that the LA police department told him to "clean it up and tone it down." Don't you wish you had seen that show?

35. Luckily, many of his concerts were captured on film and preserved for us to enjoy to this day. Do we still find 1968-era Elvis sexy? Check out the DVD of his '68 COMEBACK SPECIAL and judge for yourself.

34. What about 1970 Elvis? The documentary feature THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (recut as a special edition and issued on DVD) will blow you away.

33. 1972's ELVIS ON TOUR will blind you with a parade of jumpsuits.

32. 1973's ELVIS: ALOHA FROM HAWAII still amazes.

31. 1977's ELVIS IN CONCERT is the true test. In this last, sad appearance, taped shortly before his death, Elvis does not look his best. His estate wisely has decided not to release this concert on DVD. Frankly, there were times when Marilyn Monroe didn't look so hot either. Sometimes sex gods and goddesses exhibit signs of frailty and vulnerability. Doesn't that make them even more attractive?

30. Speaking of frail men, check out Elvis's post-Army appearance on Frank Sinatra's TV show. Everyone who thinks Frank Sinatra is the ultimate cool guy needs to watch their duet. Elvis, standing tall with even taller hair, makes Old Blue Eyes look like a runt. Sexier than Sinatra, that's for sure!

29. Enough of the guys. Let's talk about Elvis and the women. A true sex god is always accompanied by hot women. Let's review the women whose own sex appeal added to Elvis's. First his co-stars. His first was Debra Paget in LOVE ME TENDER. She knew she married the right brother in a film that was originally called THE RENO BROTHERS.

28. Actress Dolores Hart, who starred in two Elvis movies, apparently thought if she couldn't have Elvis she might as well join a convent. So she left show business to become a nun!

27. Long before we dreamed of her as Jeannie, Barbara Eden dreamed of Elvis while acting with him in FLAMING STAR.

26. Another TV sex symbol, Donna Douglas of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, was deemed worthy of portraying Elvis's lover in FRANKIE and JOHNNY.

25. COACH's Shelley Fabares was thrice smitten with Elvis in GIRL HAPPY, CLAMBAKE and SPINOUT.

24. Bond girl Ursula Andress drooled over EP in FUN IN ACAPULCO.

23. Sex kitten Ann-Margret thought Elvis was something to purr about in VIVA LAS VEGAS (and in real life!).

22. Miss America Mary Ann Mobley shimmied up to Presley in two pictures (GIRL HAPPY and HARUM SCARUM).

21. Frank's daughter, Nancy Sinatra, found her boots were made for walking straight in to Elvis's arms in SPEEDWAY.

20. Most notoriously, Mary Tyler Moore's character found being a nun wasn't enough reason not to fall for Elvis in CHANGE OF HABIT.

19. In real life, Elvis was involved with many beautiful women, including local Memphis beauty Anita Wood, whose sophisticated yet wholesome persona helped smooth the edges off Elvis's rough and tumble early image.

18. In the 1970s, beauty queen Linda Thompson contributed shine and luster as his constant companion.

17. In his final year, beauty queen Ginger Alden shored up his crumbling fa�ade with her youth and glamour.

16. But the woman who made him look best was the woman he married. Name a couple who look more like a black- haired version of Ken and Barbie than Elvis and Pricilla on their wedding day!

15. The fact that Elvis first laid claim to Pricilla when she was fourteen adds an undeniably scandalous sheen to his sex god persona. Really, Elvis! She was only fourteen!

14. If any one woman gets credit for why Elvis remains a sex god a quarter century after his death, it has to be Priscilla, who saved the Elvis legacy when she could have just as easily let it all slide. And because she is a woman who understands Elvis's sexual appeal is just as important as his musical appeal, she hasn't tried to bury that essential ingredient. Good job, Priscilla!

13. Let's not forget Lisa Marie, who has revealed herself to be a woman worthy of her genes. Her innate sexiness only adds to the Presley flame.

12. His daughter's perfectly fine but not outstanding musical output also reminds us how truly special Elvis is as a recording artist. Elvis's best songs solidify his reputation as a sex god. Let's start with the obvious: "Hound Dog." Big Mama Thornton's version is dour. Elvis's is frisky. Is it any wonder we don't hear her version much anymore? No singer past or present can do a sexier version of Elvis's signature tunes, especially:

11. "Love Me Tender"

10. "All Shook Up"

9. "Can't Help Falling in Love"

8. "Heartbreak Hotel"

7. "Don't Be Cruel"

6. "Suspicious Minds"

5. "Viva Las Vegas"

4. "Burning Love"

3. "Little Less Conversation" -- recent chart success proves Elvis still has it!

2. Only two reasons left why Elvis is the ultimate sex god. Have I mentioned Elvis in black leather in the '68 COMEBACK SPECIAL? Nothing is hotter! Except�

1. Elvis sneering and sweating in black leather, surrounded by adoring female fans, hair flopping everywhere as he swivels those hips and sings his heart out in a faux boxing ring. This performance is almost four decades old. Yet show it to any female age 2 to 102, and she'll melt. Put any current sex symbol, be it Justin Timberlake or Brad Pitt, against Elvis at his peak. No contest. I rest my case.
October 6th, 2004 03:18 PM
parmeda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
1. Elvis sneering and sweating in black leather, surrounded by adoring female fans, hair flopping everywhere as he swivels those hips and sings his heart out in a faux boxing ring. This performance is almost four decades old. Yet show it to any female age 2 to 102, and she'll melt. Put any current sex symbol, be it Justin Timberlake or Brad Pitt, against Elvis at his peak. No contest. I rest my case.

Thank you, 10K...for hitting the nail on the head!

Damn, Elvis was hot then...
October 6th, 2004 03:26 PM
Joey

I STILL think that Mick Jagger is the sexiest man on the planet ................and you ?!?!

" Can you BLAME Pete Townshend for moving next door to Mick , Ronnie ?!?! "

K.C. Joe !
October 6th, 2004 04:05 PM
glencar Petey-boy agrees witchoo!
October 6th, 2004 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Petey-boy agrees witchoo!

Blue .....................................

Vould you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Love him! Liebe meine abs-monkee."

Liebe Meine Abs-Monkee !!!

LIEBE MEINE ABS MONKEE !!!!!!!!!

LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 6th, 2004 04:10 PM
glencar Elvis wants your monkey.
October 6th, 2004 04:28 PM
not bound to please 5. "Viva Las Vegas"

agreed

although I'd rather fuck James Dean.

October 6th, 2004 04:34 PM
glencar Yes but James Dean would rather have fucked El.
October 6th, 2004 04:47 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but James Dean would rather have fucked El.

Right you are. I would be up for a threesome though...

October 6th, 2004 04:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sexiest Man Meets Sexiest President

October 6th, 2004 08:50 PM
J.J.Flash Elvis REALLY used to be a handsome devil until 1971 I think...... I am serious...

"Damn straight Ronnie!"
October 6th, 2004 08:51 PM
J.J.Flash Hey dear Motsie... glad you are back posting again.

Best regards!
October 6th, 2004 10:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Sexiest Man Meets Sexiest President

LOL!
October 6th, 2004 11:01 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Sexiest Man Meets Sexiest President

I have it on good authority that Tricky Dick was VERY well hung. Walked in on him coming out of their pool house and got an eye full...

yes - I'm friends with old money republicans...

October 7th, 2004 06:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Dick "Boogie Woogie" Nixon

October 7th, 2004 09:01 AM
egon Elvis is dead.

Let's move on!
October 7th, 2004 09:03 AM
egon BTW, is that nixon guy still alive?
October 7th, 2004 09:14 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
BTW, is that nixon guy still alive?

No.

Hard as a Carp !
October 7th, 2004 09:16 AM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I have it on good authority that Tricky Dick was VERY well hung. Walked in on him coming out of their pool house and got an eye full...

yes - I'm friends with old money republicans...

I have been informed by very , VERY reliable sources that LBJ used to tuck his bag in his socks .

Joey " Bebe " Rebozo !
October 7th, 2004 10:43 AM
glencar Richard "Railroaded" Nixon has been deceased for over a decade now.