ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elton John In Menopausal Meltdown Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 5th, 2004 10:39 AM
telecaster LONDON (Reuters) - Pop veteran Elton John has taken a foul-mouthed swipe at Madonna, saying she cheats her fans by miming on stage.

But the American pop superstar was swift to rubbish his accusation, saying she does not lip-synch or criticise other artists.

While collecting a song-writing award from Q music magazine in London on Monday, John suddenly launched into a tirade against Madonna when he discovered she had been nominated for Best Live Act.

"Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay 75 pounds to see them should be shot," John said in reference to ticket prices for Madonna's Reinvention tour.

"Madonna, best f***ing live act? F*** off," said the singer renowned as much for his outrageous outbursts as he is for his outlandish outfits.

"Since when has lip-synching been live?" he asked.

He ended his outburst by saying: "That's me off her f***ing Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No."

His tirade prompted a swift response from her U.S. spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg who said in a statement: "Madonna does not lip-synch nor does she spend her time trashing other artists.

"She sang every note on her Reinvention tour live and is not ashamed that she was well paid for her hard work."

And Madonna, 46, showed she was not taking John's criticism too seriously.

"Elton John remains on her Christmas card list whether he is nice ... or naughty," the statement added. Madonna lost out to British band Muse for the Live Act title.

Elton John hit the headlines in Taiwan last month when, confronted by a wall of flashing cameras at Taipei airport, he lashed out at the local media, calling them "rude, vile pigs".

"The televisions and photographers at the airport were the rudest people that I've ever met and I've been to 60 countries," the 57-year-old star said.

His partner, David Furnish, has memorably captured the flamboyant star at his most outrageous and demanding in a fly-on-the-wall documentary appropriately named "Tantrums and Tiaras".

Madonna herself is no stranger to foul-mouthed outbursts -- as the organisers of one of the world's most famous art prizes found out to their cost three years ago.

Britain's Channel Four had to apologise for Madonna's "strong language" when she presented the Turner Prize on live television.
October 5th, 2004 10:45 AM
Bloozehound the bitch is back....in the news
October 5th, 2004 10:55 AM
jb I agree with him on this one....
October 5th, 2004 11:02 AM
Nellcote I for one am having a blast seeing Ol' Reg fly off the handle. Here's hoping he'll actually take a swing at someone soon, how good can it get. And how he is dead on about the lip synch crap...
Go Get 'Em Reg Dwight..

JB, b-4 you ask, I have the heliport waiting for your arrival Sunday when the Pats break the Phins record at the Razor...
October 5th, 2004 11:45 AM
glencar You should never talk football on an EJ thread. It's just wrong somehow.
October 5th, 2004 11:47 AM
Nellcote Au contrare, Reg used to play, and have part ownership in a team. Further, he's great friends of the Super Bowl Champions.. You need to brush up on your rock star trivia...
[Edited by Nellcote]
October 5th, 2004 12:10 PM
monkeyman62 he is right about madonna, she does lip sync
and so does britney and so does cristina and so on and so on
and they are just ripping off the fans that go see them
good for you elton tell it like it is
October 5th, 2004 12:16 PM
not bound to please I have new found respect for Elton!

October 5th, 2004 12:34 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
he is right about madonna, she does lip sync
and so does britney and so does cristina and so on and so on
and they are just ripping off the fans that go see them
good for you elton tell it like it is

anyone who's a fan of that Britney/Christina horseshit deserves to get ripped for everything they're worth
October 5th, 2004 01:12 PM
glencar Rock star trivia? LOL You do know that "Football" clubs that EJ owned was over in England & was actually what we call soccer? BTW Bosox lose in 3 this time.
October 5th, 2004 01:20 PM
Angiegirl The Stones were accused of lip syncing a few years ago by Der Spiegel... I must say, what I've seen of Madonna on documentaries 'n such, it doesn't sound like lip synching that much to me.
October 5th, 2004 01:44 PM
mickmask That's Elton...
Bratty, bitchy, brooding....
...and brilliant!

you go girl!
mm.
October 5th, 2004 01:53 PM
glencar Didn't Mick admit to using a "guide vocal" a few years ago? He ehars it but it doesn't go out into the arena.
October 5th, 2004 02:00 PM
not bound to please http://www.snackfoam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gaytest1.html

October 5th, 2004 02:04 PM
Nellcote Glencar, you get the gold star!
October 5th, 2004 02:05 PM
glencar Thanks, dog! I love you too!
October 5th, 2004 02:06 PM
glencar LOL That NBTP link is funny!
October 5th, 2004 02:09 PM
Nellcote Even Obi Wan Francesa says it's the Sox this year, what's happening in NYC?
October 5th, 2004 02:25 PM
glencar LOL I actually think it'll be the Twins but we'll see. I wonder if FOX will show the game or revert to the Veep debate? At least we're both on the same side there!
October 5th, 2004 02:37 PM
Joey " I have new found respect for Elton! "

<------- **** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE *****

Don't worry little fella :

LAMBCHOP ...........................

Get Over Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I's needs me's Lambies DESPERATESLY today whilst I UnCake !

Now ! ....." git ! " ..............." GIT !!!! "

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

|
|
|
|
V

October 5th, 2004 02:41 PM
glencar Joey is back. I'm soooo tired...
October 5th, 2004 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey is back. I'm soooo tired...

Hi Blue ........................" WHO TV " Today ?!?!

October 5th, 2004 03:11 PM
glencar That link didn't work last time.
October 5th, 2004 03:24 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That link didn't work last time.

<-----------WTF ?!?!

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/
October 5th, 2004 03:35 PM
gypsy I taped SNL the other night...and they did a little skit about Elton being all pissy. He was portrayed by Horation Sanz, of course...because they're both fat.
October 5th, 2004 04:06 PM
F505 How does Elton know? Did he stand next to her on stage? Reminds me of a story I read in The Rolling Stones On Tour (75 tour)
E: Hi! It's El?
M: Wot?
E: Mick! It's Ellie!
M: Who?
E: Ellie, you great ninny! Elton John.
M: Oh Hullo.
E: Listen. Guess what! I'd simply love to be on the stand with you tonight!

EJ who promised to play just one song ended up playing the whole show. Stu and Billy couldn't get at the keyboards.
Later Mick reflected on it; we should have kicked him off the stage but we didn't. It's because we're both British. We're too polite... I mean if I had been an American like Stephen Stills, someone like that, we'd have just kicked him off, straigthaway.

October 5th, 2004 04:10 PM
jb Elton, arguably, was bigger than the Stones at that time...I bet he was better than the tree loving prick level...also, Elton was dead on when he called zKeith an arthritic monkey in 97....he knew very well how poorly Keith's playing had become...I have new respect for Elton b/c he speaks the truth.....
October 5th, 2004 04:15 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Elton, arguably, was bigger than the Stones at that time...I bet he was better than the tree loving prick level...also, Elton was dead on when he called zKeith an arthritic monkey in 97....he knew very well how poorly Keith's playing had become...I have new respect for Elton b/c he speaks the truth.....

October 5th, 2004 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

October 5th, 2004 05:07 PM
Joey
" I have new respect for Elton b/c he speaks the truth....."

You make Joey VERY sad .

Ninea Abs Shae Monkee !

Ninea !!!!

Ninea SHAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3