ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what does your nick mean? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 4th, 2004 10:05 PM
Soldatti Nothing interesting on it. I put the first name in my head when I joined.
Soldatti is my town here in Buenos Aires (the real name is Soldati) and the double "t" is a mistake of my part when I wrote my nickname. So stupid like that.

October 4th, 2004 11:51 PM
Zack My name is Zachary Taylor, same as the 12th President of the United States. Hero of the Mexican War, first US president with no previous political experience, who expired on the fourth of July after eating a large bowl of cherries in cream after less than a year in office. I'm no relation, I just have cruel parents who are responsible for me having to say "no, I'm not related" to virtually everyone I have met for my entire lifetime. Call me Millard Fillmore.
October 5th, 2004 03:11 AM
corgi37 I've been Corgi since i was 9. No idea why. Some kid said i looked like one. I didnt even know what the hell a Corgi was. Then, it was pointed out i had short legs. When i ran, my little legs were like a blur. Like a little Corgi dog having a strut in the Palace gardens. As about 1/2 of my friends i have known for about 35 years, the name has stuck. I've even known some mates for about 5 years, who never knew my 1st name!

Of course, the 37 means my age. But, as i age every year, i cant be fagged to change it. I am 41 now. I was going to change it to Corgi40 last year, but i couldnt get motivated to do so.

37 can also mean the length of my dick - but if i said that, some wag will put "yeah, in millimeters", so i wont put that in.
October 5th, 2004 03:24 AM
Poplar
When I first started posting on the board, I lived on Poplar street in downtown Charlotte.

October 5th, 2004 03:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

37 can also mean the length of my dick - but if i said that, some wag will put "yeah, in millimeters", so i wont put that in.

got the same problem Corgi but 37 is the weight of my dick!!
October 5th, 2004 03:28 AM
Poplar
Pounds baby, pounds.

October 5th, 2004 07:51 AM
Irina Irina is just my real name
October 5th, 2004 08:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Pounds baby, pounds.

LOL
i was waiting for this kind of answer, thanks poplar!!

October 5th, 2004 08:10 AM
Zeeta
quote:
F505 wrote:
There are many nicks I still don't understand. OK the stones songs related nicks are obvious. But for example: soldatti (?), JB (Josh but where doe the B stands for?), Gazza (?), mister Hess (I only know a Hess from my history books), The Juf (juf = dutch for teacher), M.O.W.A.T (?), Egon (?) and so on und so weiter....
[Edited by F505]

Mine is from the illustrous Goonie's movie!

Where one of the Fertellis says something in italian [which I don't understand] which sounds like "zeeta zetta imcollienta" in the scene where they brake into the Fertelli's hideout and she says "the only thing we serve is TOUNGE! You boys like tounge!!!"

This will mean something to the people who have seen the film, (i hope!) and fuck all anything to people who haven't!!

Well it's better than "Matt" or "StonesPerson" or something!

Who has the best nick?
October 5th, 2004 08:14 AM
Factory Girl Z, did you get my pkg or is it floating through the UK postal system?
October 5th, 2004 08:19 AM
Zeeta Nah not yet! !! But that is because the post in this country is about as relaible as Tony Blair! Most days we don't get post and then a sack load arrives! I think I'm due a sack load this week so no doubt it will be in that babe - I'm waiting with baited breath - garlic mainly!

Cheers FG!
October 5th, 2004 08:33 AM
Factory Girl WOW, I mailed it 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was supposed to be there in 2-3 days. I hope its not lost. Hang in there, Z!
October 5th, 2004 01:41 PM
luxury1 I had just gotten off the treadmill, running to Its Only Rock n Roll, and when Luxury kicked in, so did I. The song just fit my groove at the moment. Then, all sweaty, I stumbled upon RO, and just decided to nab the song as my tag. I also happen to live the life of luxury...
October 5th, 2004 02:02 PM
throbby I also happen to live the life of luxury...

hmm.....

Mine refers to a line in one of my favorite songs

"my heavy throb is itching just to lay a solid rhythm down"

land on me tonight
October 5th, 2004 02:42 PM
Joey " But that is because the post in this country is about as relaible as Tony Blair! "

<------ Tony Blair is now seeking a third term and could very well call elections as early as spring . Look for him to be PM another twenty years ...............at least !!!!

He IS good ISN'T he little buddy ?!?!

October 5th, 2004 03:12 PM
glencar The Brits hate him but we in the USA love him.
October 5th, 2004 03:13 PM
glencar BTW I too live in the lap of luxury but I hate that song.
October 5th, 2004 03:32 PM
gypsy FG, the U.K. postal service IS taking a long time. I had a package that someone mailed to me on August 20th, and I just got it yesterday. It's been VERY slow. I was worried it got lost. Hope that info helps soothe your fears.
October 5th, 2004 04:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Glencar wrote:
"The Brits hate him but we in the USA love him"

Its easy to when its not YOUR country he's fucking up.. somehow I doubt his party's policies would fit in with your politics too much...!

quote:
Joey wrote:

<------ Tony Blair is now seeking a third term and could very well call elections as early as spring . Look for him to be PM another twenty years ...............at least !!!!

As Mick once said (on SNL?) "you americans need to be more up to date in your news coverage". After his heart scare only last week, he's said that, if elected, he wont complete a 3rd term. (As I told ya a few weeks ago )

[Edited by Gazza]
October 5th, 2004 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
FG, the U.K. postal service IS taking a long time. I had a package that someone mailed to me on August 20th, and I just got it yesterday. It's been VERY slow. I was worried it got lost. Hope that info helps soothe your fears.

Hell , that's nothing !!!! I got that beat !!!!!!

In November of 1967 , whilst riding in a Helicopter over the Mekong Delta near the outskirts of Saigon , South Vietnam ( Now called Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam ) , my watch fell off my wrist and landed deep in the turgid waters below ...........................

................last week I found it buried in a plate of Veal Marsala whilst scarfing down a quick lunch at Applebees !

Word !

Now , Liebe Meine Abs-Monkee !!!

LIEBE MEINE ABS MONKEE !!!!!!!!!
LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Frisky !
October 5th, 2004 04:43 PM
glencar Gazza, I know his politics somewhat. We get Katty Kay over here. She hates him. And I'd probably get along with most of his program. He's a lot more conservative than the average Labourite.
October 5th, 2004 04:45 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
... whilst scarfing down a quick lunch at Applebees !

chuck and joey
October 5th, 2004 04:45 PM
Joey ". After his heart scare only last week, he's said that, if elected, he wont complete a 3rd term. "

<------ I don't buy it for a second !!!!!!!!

I hear you screaming little buddy ! Tony Blair will STILL be PM ten years from today !

BET THE RANCH RONNIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can Just FEEL it Gazza !!!!

Oh ,OH !!!! .... I also feel something else !

************** END TRANSMISSION *****************

J. Fly !

[Edited by Joey]
October 5th, 2004 04:49 PM
glencar Izzat really your pic Joey? Who is that poor melon if it ainchoo?
October 5th, 2004 04:49 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
". After his heart scare only last week, he's said that, if elected, he wont complete a 3rd term. "

<------ I don't buy it for a second !!!!!!!!

I hear you screaming little buddy ! Tony Blair will STILL be PM ten years from today !

BET THE RANCH RONNIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can Just FEEL it Gazza !!!!

Oh ,OH !!!! .... I also feel something else !

************** END TRANSMISSION *****************

J. Fly !

[Edited by Joey]

October 5th, 2004 04:50 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Izzat really your pic Joey? Who is that poor melon if it ainchoo?

It is and Liver Than You'll Ever Be!
October 5th, 2004 05:05 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Izzat really your pic Joey? Who is that poor melon if it ainchoo?

Not The Joey !

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/140642-1.html

October 5th, 2004 05:09 PM
F505 damn I really thought it was you.....
sorry I was mistaken

October 5th, 2004 05:14 PM
glencar Man joey's link brings back Max Lugar memories.
October 5th, 2004 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Man joey's link brings back Max Lugar memories.

The MaxLugar is currently seeking other avenues that simply MUST be found .
Page: 1 2 3 4 5